vincevega

What Helps Your Extremely Oily Skin? Sensible Answers Only.

156 posts in this topic

I'm still experiencing some oiliness but since I've been on birth control (Ocella) I've noticed some dryness not just on my face but my hair too, so I know that the medication must be affecting my oil glands. That's not to say I have this wonderful matte look--no, not in the slightest. I still have a shine to my face and have to dab my face dry during the day. lol but it's an improvement, I suppose... I don't like having dry hair though :(

Hey, i also had been dealing with oily skin. My skin would show excess oil within 40 minutes after washing my face. It was annoying. I would be constantly washing my face through out the day. Also I had to keep a tissue paper on me to clear excess oil. I noticed the tissue paper made my skin red, and irritated. My dermatologist recommended a combination of face wash and moisturizer that has worked wonders. I wash and dry my face in the morning with water and then I apply the face wash, CeraVe foaming facial cleanser. It has hyaluronic acid in it that helps keep the moisture on the skin. It also removes bacteria on the skin. Then I apply kiss my face coconut moisturizer. It has coconut oil, olive oil, grape seed oil, and shea butter that soothes and moisturizes the skin. It is non sticky, and absorbs quickly. The first time I used them, I promise I was worried as to why my skin was not producing oil, lol. In public when I don t have access to a mirror, I use the back of my finger nail to check for oil on my nose, the first time I used it I am telling you after 30 minutes my nose and skin had no oil, up to two hours my nose was dry. I felt happy and unsure of what was going on. I didn t believe it, lol. I am telling you it works well to remove oil and bacteria from the skin. Now I was my face every 4-6 hours. Use them, I am giving you a link to get them from Ebay, that is where I bought them. The seller is trust-able with express shipping within 1-3 business days. 

{LINK REMOVED}   (CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce) 
{LINK REMOVED}   (Kiss My Face Coconut Moisturizer, 16 Ounce)

Edited by Control Panel
product names suffice

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2012 at 3:54 AM, bryan said:

Really? How would you explain THAT?? Does your car get dirtier, the more you wash it? Does your house or apartment get dirtier, the more you wash it? I personally did an experiment with Sebutape Skin Indicators which I used as the way to measure sebum on my skin; as expected, I got the results that any reasonable person would expect: the more I washed my skin, the drier it got. I think you're just fooling yourself when you think that your skin supposedly got OILY when you washed it more often.

You can't use cars or houses as a comparison to skin?! If you strip the oils from your face too often, it encourages the skin to produce more sebum in order to make up for the oil it thinks it has lost. Aside from that, everyone's skin will react in different ways, which is probably why you experienced drier skin -- so yes, their skin probably did get oiler the more they washed it.

Let me just say- Bryan- you're an asshole. Maybe respect other people and what they have to say instead of being a prick? Must be tiny dick syndrome. 

1 person likes this

I brought tea tree essential oil from farmers market and tried it on my acne/ oilyface it was harsh on my skin, my eyes were watering for few minutes. some how managed to keep it on the results are miracle. It did work no more new pimples and zits and acne scars are fading bit fast compared to rest of the ointments on the drugstore. oil production is also reduced and have a matte finishing on skin. so far I am using only this blend at night - Tea tree, lavender, Rosemary and lemon. I am on my second day so far so good. will keep update on my regimeB|.  AND drinking LOADS LOADS LOADS of water for oily skin. Thanks

On 27/09/2012 at 11:54 AM, bryan said:

Really? How would you explain THAT?? Does your car get dirtier, the more you wash it? Does your house or apartment get dirtier, the more you wash it? I personally did an experiment with Sebutape Skin Indicators which I used as the way to measure sebum on my skin; as expected, I got the results that any reasonable person would expect: the more I washed my skin, the drier it got. I think you're just fooling yourself when you think that your skin supposedly got OILY when you washed it more often.

REALLY BRYAN? It seems as though your only intention on replying was to belittle. This in fact is true.
The more you wash your face in hopes of oil control your body will only produce more natural oil as your body feels the need to produce that oil if it is constantly being removed. Same as your natural oils in your hair etc. I'm just as bad if not worse when it comes to too much natural oils. ( it is a benefit in tanning though!)  I haven't yet come accustomed to face primers because I can't stand the thought of lotion on my face but some makeup experts highly suggest applying this serum before your makeup application or just in general. At the cost of some of these products I would like to get a good one and try it out before recommending anything so thats the only thing I can think of as opposed to blotting or constant layers of compressed powder which yes I do and is horribly expensive on its own. However Bryan my face also gets extremely red n dry upon washing but that doesn't mean it's not extremely oily 10 minutes later. I don't think anyone just registers on this site to reply out of boredom. We find these questions because we search how to deal with our own issues.