Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acid Mantle And Exfoliation

10 posts in this topic

I have followed the advice of a few here and stopped using soap for 2 weeks!

I am building my skins acid mantle but I've now run into a question....

HOW DO I EXFOLIATE??!! eusa_think.gif

I have a date coming in a week and usually after I exfoliate my face looks "fresh" and my scars fade slightly but now that I've tossed my soap out the bathroom window to build my natural acid mantle, I wanna know how others exfoliate their skin and fade their scars without soap.

Please help. I have an exfoliating sponge but I'm afraid it might disrupt my skins acid mantle.

Thanks guys!!

There are a few cleansers that you can clean with that are designed to not disrupt your acid mantle. CeraVe was specifically designed for that purpose.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

GreenGables

Thank You.

Is it ok to EXFOLIATE with this cleanser as well? or does exfoliating deestroy the skins acid mantle??

Thank You.

Is it ok to EXFOLIATE with this cleanser as well? or does exfoliating deestroy the skins acid mantle??

All exfoliating disrupts the acid mantle. That's okay to do occasionally because it repairs itself. But doing it too often is bad.

GreenGables

would you say once a week is fine?

Yep.

GreenGables

cool. just exfoliated and put apple cider vinegar on my skin afterward. Then i put on coconut oil mixed with shea butter to moisterize. hope it helps!!

thanks! :)

cool. just exfoliated and put apple cider vinegar on my skin afterward. Then i put on coconut oil mixed with shea butter to moisterize. hope it helps!!

thanks! smile.png

Just so you know coconut oil is comedogenic. If you have clogged pores I'd switch to non-comedogenic oil like emu or jojoba.

GreenGables

I exfoliate gently once a week with a washcloth, using a light lotion to lubricate and soften the cloth. My skin is fairly atrocious but exfoliation is the one thing I don't have a problem with/works in my routine.

Just never use bicard soda to exfoliate with. Yes it's natural but of anything is going to wreck your acid mantle it's that.