- I had a huge huge huge break out october 2011 which I was able to combat it using tea tree oil and retin-a.
- I didn't leave my house (with the exception of school) until January 2012 when it started to get better. I literally cringed every time i looked in the mirror and cried almost every other day.
- I was left with purple/black/red hyper pigmentation on my cheeks (where the break out was) because I was also chemically burned from benzoyl peroxide.
- The scars are pretty much 85% faded away now (YAY ) but any type of 'breakout' makes me super anxious and stressed out.
- I have VERY stubborn acne. I'll be clear for 3 days and breakout around my 'time of month' and it'll take another 3 weeks to clear. Even though it is now moderate acne.. it's very stubborn. I've tried: Doxy, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, retin-a, and a ton of branded acne solutions and nothing would keep my acne away for more than a week. So one day, i was just like "AHH, i can't take this anymore!!!"
I started accutane aug. 13 2012 with 40mg a day. I'm 5'8 and 155lb. They just boosted me up to 60mg 3 days ago after my first month check-up. I take 3 20mg pills a day. Here i'll be keeping a log of my progress and whatever happens throughout the medication. I'm about a month a three days of using accutane.
- I started getting dry lips around the end of my first week and into my 2nd week my lips were a complete mess. This is was soooo irritating to me because I REALLY take care of my lips.. haha but now, after trying out 2390231 different lip balms, i've found out what works for me and now my lips are better than it was pre-tane
- I don't really know if i experienced an initial break out? I broke out a tiny tiny tiny bit during my third week but that was about the time of my period so it could have been from either-or. But other then that my skin has showed improvements from day 1!
- I've had about 3-4 nose bleeds in the past month? Which i'm sure is from tane because I hardly ever get them.
- Pre-tane, I had a very oily t-zone and very oily hair and now it feels like my hair never gets oily. at all. It kind of sucks not being able to wash it every day or else it'll start falling out. and my face doesn't get oily anymore!
- I do have lower back pain whenever I lay down but it's not a searing pain. It's more like it's decompressing but it's intense. Otherwise, I still continue to dance and swim without any joint pain.
- *******THIS ONE WAS COOOOL!****** So about 2 weeks in, I noticed a lot of blackheads all over my nose and around my eye bags. I knew i had some but everything was visible. I was freaking out because they look quite disgusting. But soon after, they just started literally falling and pushing their way out and a week later all of it was GONE! My nose is nose blackhead-less and it's a great feeling.. haha.
Update 39 days:
Nothing bad to report (Thank goodness!). I'm down to 2 actives which are hardly noticeable! I'm getting so excited. I can't wait until I can sleep over at my friends house without having to worry about all my facial products and if I'm going to break out if I forget to wash my face for one night. I've been at the gym swimming everyday for the past few days and I was worried that my face would react to all the chlorine, but it only gets 3905x more drier, but if i bring moisturizer then it actually feels really nice! my foreheads been peely lately.. I don't know if its from the increase of dosage or because i forgot to moisturize the first few days after the pool. but it's not too bad. Things continue to get better and i'm so excited! I haven't had to wear makeup for the past month and it's so liberating!