Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aloe Vera & Salicylic Acid

5 posts in this topic

I've heard aloe vera contains SA. I cleanse twice a day with cetaphil. I use stridex pads with 2% SA twice a day. I moisturize with aloe vera twice a day also. Aloe vera works well with my oily skin. I dont know if Im using too much SA and not moisturizing enough. Do you think I am?

Also, am I suppose to exfoliate? I've started using SA about two weeks ago and havent exfoliated since. Yesterday, I noticed the skin on my forehead peeling and coming off in little balls.

I've heard aloe vera contains SA. I cleanse twice a day with cetaphil. I use stridex pads with 2% SA twice a day. I moisturize with aloe vera twice a day also. Aloe vera works well with my oily skin. I dont know if Im using too much SA and not moisturizing enough. Do you think I am?

Also, am I suppose to exfoliate? I've started using SA about two weeks ago and havent exfoliated since. Yesterday, I noticed the skin on my forehead peeling and coming off in little balls.

Aloe Vera is drying for me, but if it's working well for you, great. If your too dry and peeling, add in some jojoba oil with the aloe Vera. SA exfoliates, so there's no need to exfoliate. SA will make you peel a bit. That means its working.

Vitamin E can either be a holy grail for some people, or can break people out. I would read reviews on here before you use it. I've used emu oil that has vitamin E in it, and never had a problem.