oily skin

4 replies to this topic

#1 GreenEyedBabe

GreenEyedBabe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I've heard aloe vera contains SA. I cleanse twice a day with cetaphil. I use stridex pads with 2% SA twice a day. I moisturize with aloe vera twice a day also. Aloe vera works well with my oily skin. I dont know if Im using too much SA and not moisturizing enough. Do you think I am?

Also, am I suppose to exfoliate? I've started using SA about two weeks ago and havent exfoliated since. Yesterday, I noticed the skin on my forehead peeling and coming off in little balls.

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

I've heard aloe vera contains SA. I cleanse twice a day with cetaphil. I use stridex pads with 2% SA twice a day. I moisturize with aloe vera twice a day also. Aloe vera works well with my oily skin. I dont know if Im using too much SA and not moisturizing enough. Do you think I am?

Also, am I suppose to exfoliate? I've started using SA about two weeks ago and havent exfoliated since. Yesterday, I noticed the skin on my forehead peeling and coming off in little balls.

Aloe Vera is drying for me, but if it's working well for you, great. If your too dry and peeling, add in some jojoba oil with the aloe Vera. SA exfoliates, so there's no need to exfoliate. SA will make you peel a bit. That means its working.

#3 GreenEyedBabe

GreenEyedBabe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

Aloe Vera is drying for me, but if it's working well for you, great. If your too dry and peeling, add in some jojoba oil with the aloe Vera. SA exfoliates, so there's no need to exfoliate. SA will make you peel a bit. That means its working.

Thanks for answering. I dont have any jojoba oil at the moment. I have vitamin e oil though. Would that be okay to use?

#4 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Vitamin E can either be a holy grail for some people, or can break people out. I would read reviews on here before you use it. I've used emu oil that has vitamin E in it, and never had a problem.

#5 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

I purchased those Stridex pads and measured the pH on them and it was only 4.0, so they aren't very strong. While there is salicylic acid in aloe it is a very small amount. So it doesn't sound llike you are overdoing the salicylic acid.

It sounds like you've found a good mix of products but just need a moisturizer, as Murph89 has already suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users