zinc sulfur soap salicylic acid

5 replies to this topic

#1 Sekhet

Sekhet

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

I just wanted to share my experiences with battling acne, sharing my findings, and logging what works against what doesn't.

I'm 30 and am still struggling with moderate/severe acne. Onset was pubert. Like alot of members here, Ive tried almost EVERYTHING ( Not including the hardcore, toxic stuff like Accutane). Ive had zero success with all the popular OTC anti acne products: Oxy, Nuetrogena, Clearasil, & there was nothing proactive about Pro Active! This gave me THE worst acne Ive ever experience in my life!

Thanks to the internet, I found this site & it changed my life! I finally had beautiful skin... until I ran out of BP & cleanser!Posted Image One day I went to my local beauty supply store for a product for my locs, and BOOM! I discovered Acnegone ! I read the ingredients & saw tht it had sulfur as the active ingredient. Something clicked in my brain... years ago my mom had used sulfur to battlle her acne! So I bought the bar soap, toner, & moisturuzer ( spent just under $20) & bee-lined it home.

My trial period for new products in 1 full week (7 days, ppl). I fell in love! Not only did I not have to deal with purging, I had smooth baby soft, pimple free skin ! It also faded my dark spots ( I am a brown girlPosted Image) after about a month of use!

Sadly enough, I found my pot of gold too late & Ac
negone has been discontinued. Although it can be still be found online markedup a few dollars than the price I paid in the beauty supply store.
Back at square one... again. In between the times Im on the regimen. what can I use to keep my face drama free?????!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGG!

Possible solution: Zinc oxide, pill form-50 mg & paste form- 40%
Salicylic Acid .5% - Toner
Sulfur soap- Any suggestions?
Updates coming as soon as I find a sulfur soap
Started zinc- 9/15/12

#2 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm confused. Why not buy the Acnegone online? Surely a few bucks more is worth clear skin, right?

No regimen is one-size-fits-all. You are unique and so is your skin.

AM

Proactive Deep Cleansing Wash - Lumiplexion Salicylic Acid ~ Lumiplexion  SPF 30 ~ Lumiplexion moisturizer 

PM

Proactive Deep Cleansing Wash  ~ Lumiplexion Glycolic Acid 12% (3-4x week) ~ Lumiplexion Hydroquinone 1-2x week

Lumiplexion enzyme mask / sulfur mask /  moisturizing mask 1-2 week as needed 

#3 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

I agree - stock up on it while it's still around. Are you sure it's been discontinued though, because there's no mention of that on the company's website.

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

There are many, many sulfur products available.

De La Cruz Ointment is available at most Walgreens. You can also search Amazon.com

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#5 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Have you thought of purchasing Sublimed Sulfur (also called Flowers of Sulfur) and mixing it into a cleanser? I bought some myself with this thought in mind but just haven't decided on a base for it. It's very inexpensive: http://www.familyotc...CFShxQgodXTsA6w

Edited by gingergirl22, 20 September 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#6 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

There are many, many sulfur products available.

De La Cruz Ointment is available at most Walgreens. You can also search Amazon.com

Yes, there are, but what I don't like about the soaps is that they are highly perfumed to cover the odor of the sulfur. Perfumes can be very irritating.

The DeLa Cruz ointment worked wonders on my son's badly inflamed acne-ridden over the past summer. It lost it's effectiveness after 6 weeks, but salicylic acid is helping maintain at 90% clear which is fine by him. I am so grateful for that little $5.00 jar of wonder. I wish I'd found it before spending hundreds of dollars on dermatologists and prescriptions that didn't help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users