2 replies to this topic

#1 vintage curly

vintage curly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hello,
I have been on doxycycline for 6 weeks and there is only one pill left in the bottle. I do not really plan to get a refill because its my first time taking them and I dont want to get hooked on them honestly.

On top of antibiotics, I am taking a probiotic, milk thistle, msm, vitamin c, primrose oil, omega 3-6-9, and i multivitamin. and my diet is quite strict..low GI foods, lots of fruits, veggies, water.

topically, I am using tazorac at night and azcone gel during the day. I was prescribed these tops at the same time as the antibiotic.

I had moderate acne with a few cysts on my left cheek and hairline. My skin is really calming down...which usually happens during the fall/winter anyway. Now, I just have a lot of little pimples between my eyes, on my forehead....postules near my hairline but there is a lot of improvemet.

Either way, should I just go off the antibiotics now or will it cause more harm than good?

#2 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Creating, making people happy, adventures, and clear skin!

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

I think you should stay on them until your derm says to stop them. They really can't do much, if any, harm at all. Looks like you've attacked it from all angles, that's awesome! I hope you continue to have wonderful skin. :)

yinyang.gifStephanie
AM & PM
Cleanse with Clean & Clear Sensitive Foaming Facial Cleanser
Moisturize with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer

Tone with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
*EVERY OTHER NIGHT: Raw Manuka Honey Face Mask overnight

Never felt happier with my skin! amused.gif

#3 vintage curly

vintage curly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

thanks my primary doctor gave me one prescription and told me to use them "short-term". idk what that means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users