Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green tea

Manuka Honey Overdose Question

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

I have used manuka honey to put it on my face for a couple of hours every day for 1 week already and have seen some results. It has faded away the red spots I had on my neck and reduced new inflammations there. The same on the right cheek. Unfortunately I had a bad breakout on my left cheek after I tried exfoliating it with baking soda (will stay away from that now), so I will probably have to use honey for a couple more weeks. I used MGO250 (UMF??) honey, but have ordered a stronger one with UMF20.

I used to put the honey mask on my face 2-3 times a day for a couple of hours and as said it yielded some good results. The only thing I worry about is whether there can be any negative side effects (allergy to honey, decreased sensitivity to it etc.) due to such an extensive use. I only do masks with it, I do not eat much honey usually.

I had a weird experience with manuka, I used it for 1-2 hours everyday for a week and it made my marks wayyy worse and overall my face got irritated. I figure my skin is still very sensitive from Accutane which I went on a few months ago, so it couldn't handle all the exfoliation.

I was lucky that my marks healed up quickly and things looked the way they did before after 2-3 weeks, but the lesson learned is don't exfoliate your face too much. Depends how sensitive you are, but be careful regardless

Sorry to hear it did not work out for you. I don't think honey has any exfoliating effect, so you might want to try it again after your skin is calmed down after Accutane (if you feel adventurous). It really did a good job for me fading red spots.

What I was more worried about is that I don't develop "resistance" to manuka honey's effects, like that one that happens if you take antibiotics for too long. Because after a recent breakout I plan to use strong manuka honey everyday for a week or two.

Sorry to hear it did not work out for you. I don't think honey has any exfoliating effect, so you might want to try it again after your skin is calmed down after Accutane (if you feel adventurous). It really did a good job for me fading red spots.

What I was more worried about is that I don't develop "resistance" to manuka honey's effects, like that one that happens if you take antibiotics for too long. Because after a recent breakout I plan to use strong manuka honey everyday for a week or two.

honey does exfoliate, especially manuka honey, that's precisely why it helps to fade red marks. and yea my situation was rare because I was just on Accutane. In your case, if it works well for you just keep doing it, you shouldn't develop a resistance because it's a natural substance, not a medicine