Photo

Hard, Under The Skin Pimples Won't Go Away Unless I Pop Them With Needle.

pimple pimples pop pus

3 replies to this topic

#1 JasonChan

JasonChan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Pimple Kind:
-Hard with no head
-Usually red but not always
-Sometimes they are hardly visible but if you press on or squeeze that area, you can feel the hard lump.

What I Do About Them:
I have tried leaving them alone. One time I had one on the back of my neck, since my hair covered it, I decided to leave it. A month later it still didn't go away and I had to pop it with a needle. When I pop them with a needle, I just kinda poke around the middle area. I know I have the right place when the needle goes straight in (as if I got in the exact pore tunnel) instead of a hard meaty feeling. I squeeze the stuff out (sometimes requires a lot of pressure) and the blood/pus comes out. Then I keep squeezing it and a combination of blood and pus comes out and stop when its only blood. The pimple immediately shrinks the next day and sometimes I have to repeat the process the next day if I feel like theres still stuff inside.

MY QUESTIONS:
1) I know popping with a needle is bad and often I end up with scars, so what other alternatives do I have?
2) Occasionally even after I pop them and they heal, it still feels like there is still a tiny but of stuff still inside. There is no bump or redness anymore but if I press or squeeze hard on that area where the pimple once was, I can still feel small remnants of it. What should I do about that? Are they stuck there forever? Some of them are a few months old.

#2 whyyme

whyyme

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Dont pop them with needles it will only make it worse by spreading the infection. Try to make it come to a head naturally, maybe try Epsom salt or steaming your face. There are a few different methods you could try, look them up on google or something similar.

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

You are doing about the worst possible thing you can do to a cyst.

There are tons of posts like yours already on the board. Please do some searching and reading. Anything I put would just be repeating myself.

#4 JasonChan

JasonChan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

You are doing about the worst possible thing you can do to a cyst.

There are tons of posts like yours already on the board. Please do some searching and reading. Anything I put would just be repeating myself.

Well can you direct me to those threads then? All the cyst threads seem to tell people to not pop them. But like I said, I tried leaving this one that I had on the back of my neck once and it was still there intact a month later. I can live with a big red lump on the back of my neck but I can't live with big red lumps on my face. Esp since the redness/swelling of the pimple goes down by SO MUCH after I pop it. I either leave it there and nothing happens to it for months or I pop it and it goes down 80% by the next day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users