Photo

Hard, Under The Skin Pimples Won't Go Away Unless I Pop Them With Needle.

pimple pimples pop pus

7 replies to this topic

#1 JasonChan

JasonChan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Pimple Kind:
-Hard with no head
-Usually red but not always
-Sometimes they are hardly visible but if you press on or squeeze that area, you can feel the hard lump.

What I Do About Them:
I have tried leaving them alone. One time I had one on the back of my neck, since my hair covered it, I decided to leave it. A month later it still didn't go away and I had to pop it with a needle. When I pop them with a needle, I just kinda poke around the middle area. I know I have the right place when the needle goes straight in (as if I got in the exact pore tunnel) instead of a hard meaty feeling. I squeeze the stuff out (sometimes requires a lot of pressure) and the blood/pus comes out. Then I keep squeezing it and a combination of blood and pus comes out and stop when its only blood. The pimple immediately shrinks the next day and sometimes I have to repeat the process the next day if I feel like theres still stuff inside.

MY QUESTIONS:
1) I know popping with a needle is bad and often I end up with scars, so what other alternatives do I have?
2) Occasionally even after I pop them and they heal, it still feels like there is still a tiny but of stuff still inside. There is no bump or redness anymore but if I press or squeeze hard on that area where the pimple once was, I can still feel small remnants of it. What should I do about that? Are they stuck there forever? Some of them are a few months old.

#2 whyyme

whyyme

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Dont pop them with needles it will only make it worse by spreading the infection. Try to make it come to a head naturally, maybe try Epsom salt or steaming your face. There are a few different methods you could try, look them up on google or something similar.

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

You are doing about the worst possible thing you can do to a cyst.

There are tons of posts like yours already on the board. Please do some searching and reading. Anything I put would just be repeating myself.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#4 JasonChan

JasonChan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

You are doing about the worst possible thing you can do to a cyst.

There are tons of posts like yours already on the board. Please do some searching and reading. Anything I put would just be repeating myself.

Well can you direct me to those threads then? All the cyst threads seem to tell people to not pop them. But like I said, I tried leaving this one that I had on the back of my neck once and it was still there intact a month later. I can live with a big red lump on the back of my neck but I can't live with big red lumps on my face. Esp since the redness/swelling of the pimple goes down by SO MUCH after I pop it. I either leave it there and nothing happens to it for months or I pop it and it goes down 80% by the next day.

#5 LAH2112

LAH2112

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

Same problem... Did you ever find a cure?

#6 quackattack

quackattack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

I get 1 or 2 hard under the skin pimples a year, I'm not sure if its a cyst or not. But I also pop them with a needle and I've never had a scar resulting from using a needle.

#7 westpa58

westpa58

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

I've had the same issues. I've had one or two that literally there for a half a year maybe more! Just hard bumps beneath the surface. Not sure what to do about this at all. They never come to the surface

#8 Jutta412

Jutta412

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

I hate those things-- I tend to do the exact same thing (use a needle, etc) since it seems that nothing else gets rid of them. I wonder if some of those things are ingrown hairs. Even if I don't seem to extract a visible hair, I tend to find a hair follicle "bulb" thing if I manage to pop them. That would explain why it has to be removed before it shrinks. 

Edited by Jutta412, 20 September 2014 - 02:21 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users