oily skin regimen cystic fish oil zinc aha alpha hydroxy acid

1 reply to this topic

#1 chughes

chughes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

I have had mild acne since middle school and after years of going to a dermatologist I feel as though I have tried every option out there, except accutane (side effects were very concerning). I am now 20 years old and this summer my acne went from bad to worse, cystic acne on my face and back. I always thought that I would grow out of my acne someday but it seems to have only gotten worse. I am constantly worrying about my skin and find myself constantly looking in the mirror. I know that stress and worrying about my acne doesn't help but it is really hard for me not to worry about it. I decided to give the acne.org regimen a try because it seemed like it has been effective for many people who have gone through many of the same products i have. I have changed my diet to exclude dairy and red meat. I eat fish and chicken and try to avoid greasy or salty foods. I take zinc, fish oil, and omega 3 supplements daily. 3 weeks into the regimen and my skin feels better (softer) but still hasn't show many signs of improving. I have read many peoples descriptions of there first couple weeks on the regimen and complaints of dryness and flaking. I have been using a finger length of bp and still have experienced much drying at all. I do the regimen twice a day and use AHA at night. I do get frustrated with my skin sometimes and pop whiteheads or cystic zits before I go out in public. I am wondering if the regimen is right for me or if this is normal for other people with oily skin? Also, I have been thinking that I need to be taking something to fight acne internally. Any suggestions ?

Id appreciate any feedback.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hi Chuges, well it seems that you're doing everything you can to have the regimen work for you. My suggestion is that if you're not seeing any ill effects yet from using BP (such as redness, dry flaky skin etc) then it is time to start upping the dose. Try using 1.5 finger lengths of BP for a week or so and then if your skin is still feeling comfortable, up the dose again until you are using the full recommended dose.

It sounds like you're using the AHA+ a little early in the regimen and perhaps it may be a good idea to stop using it until you are using the full amount of BP without experiencing any ill effects, but thats up to you.

When I first started on the regimen, I had an awful time in the first 5-9 weeks with incredibly dry, red and burning skin added to awful 'worse than ever' breakouts. But once i got through that period it all came good. But I made sure that i continued to up the dose of BP until I was using the full two pumps night and day.

Give the regimen time to work for you. It may take a good many months before you are clear, but you wont know if it will work for you until you are using the full dose that Dan recommends and you are following exactly.

Good luck with it all, like I said it sounds like you are giving it a good shot. Keep us informed with your progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users