oily skin

1 reply to this topic

#1 ModestVanity

ModestVanity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Briar, I'm a 16-year old girl and I've been suffering from acne for almost as long as I can remember. When I was 8, it was from blackheads and such around my nose and forehead - things that used to bother me but weren't really noticeable and something I'd now be ecstatic to deal with alone, compared to my face now. Once I was eleven and began to go through puberty, my skin just went crazy and it's been the same every day since, with minimum 7-10 actives a day and sometimes up to 20.

I used to do a regimen of cetaphil face wash, baking powder exfoliant and a weekly treatment of 30% salicylic acid, which was by far the most successful thing for my skin. Unfortunately, the effects stopped after a few weeks and I still wasn't happy with the results. I've tried dozens upon dozens of other treatments, but for some reason I've managed to avoid benzoyl peroxide entirely? No idea why, but after everything else I tried I figure I may as well.

My Regimen:
+Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for Oily Skin
+Dan Kern's BP treatment
+Cetaphil moisturizor

Week 0 + 2 Days:

Okay. So I got the package two days ago and began using it immediately that night. My cap came broken (?) in the package and began to leak after I opened the safety seal. Maybe it's supposed to do that, since it hasn't started doing that again since, so I suppose it doesn't matter. The BP goes on much more smoothly than I imagined (no burning, no pain, no stickiness or tight skin - yay!) and made my skin feel and look great after. The only complaint so far that I have is the time it takes to do the regimen (not a major issue) and that I HATE the smell of BP with a burning passion. I don't know what it is, but it's just...bleh. The only good thing about it is that I keep my hands away from my face in class now for fear of smelling it all over my hands.

A mini-breakout has already begun with a small cystic pimple on the right side of my moth. Yay, awesome. /sarcasm. =P I suppose it's better to get it over with now, right?

Wish me luck!

#2 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

good luck! i'm on the DKR too and it's been the best thing i've done for my skin :D I still have the occasional pimple, but other than that it's really awesome! Anyway, best of wishes with your regimen :D

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users