What about isotrex? I got this from a prescription last week

#22 SimonUKOX

SimonUKOX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

What about isotrex? I got this from a prescription last week

From a little research it seems that Isotrex is pretty much identical to retin-a, the stuff doctors in the UK prescribed before. Good news they've found an appropriate replacement.

#23 plantpot

plantpot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Thankyou so much for the info on isotrex, much more informative than the doctor!

I've requested it on prescription - here's hoping.

And well - I can't remember that far back to my Chemistry lessons ......

"As the name suggests, isotretinoin is an isomer of tretinoin. The only structural difference between the two molecules lies in the spatial arrangement of the atoms around one carbon-carbon double bond."

#24 Ghiggz

Ghiggz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

What does Tretinoin even do? I'm on it right now and I find it to be kind of...meh. 

#25 Dee3

Dee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

hey guys how are you finding the isotrex if you are still on it? i wanted retin a too but was given isotrex instead. i was told its the most similar thing to retin a as they both work in exactly the same way. jus isotrex is iso-tretinoin and retin a is tretinoin.

Current Routine

Morning

Spironolactone (started 1/06/2014)

Evening

Isotrex 0.05mg gel (started 1/06/2014)

Other things that help: Sugar-free diet, a teaspoon of oily fish oil with added vitamin A + D3 every other day and a daily vitamin supplement.

Exercise: 30-45 minute brisk walk 4 times a week.

#26 Florah

Florah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

Can anyone reassure me that Isotrex is still available in the UK? I am currently trying to find a pharmacy with it in stock as I just renewed my prescription, and so far no one has it! Tried the big Boots pharmacy in town this morning who tried to order it and told me the message coming back from their supplier was "manufacturer cannot supply". I have 1 more pharmacy to try after work, otherwise I am stumped! Wish I hadn't waited until I had almost nothing left in my current tube >< Tried 2 other pharmacies over the weekend and they were both also out of stock. This is exactly what happened when Retin A was discontinued and I am really worried the same thing is happening for Isotrex! As far as I know there is no other retinoid alternative in the UK (tried Differin cream before the Isotrex, which did nothing for me, perhaps the gel would be more effective?) Argh!

#27 ymt509

ymt509

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hi, I checked out alternatives too and the ones most closely matching Retin A appear to be adapalene or Differin and tazarotene or Tazorac. Apparently Differin is more suitable for acne than damage repair with Tazorac being the opposite.  I looked tazarotene up on the NHS website and it is currently being prescribed for psoriasis under the brand name Zorac gel. I hope that helps, I'm going to ask my doctor for it when my retin A runs out rolleyes.gif 

#28 plantpot

plantpot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

I got a prescription for: isotrex -  30g isotretinoin gel 0.05% gel delivered to pharmacy 10/07/13 -  they ordered it in and it took several days - usually its 1 day so perhaps they had trouble getting it too?

#29 Dareyouto

Dareyouto

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Hi.  I have registered on this site just to help if I can.  I was prescribed Retina A 0.1% cream by a Dermatologist in Harley Street a few years ago.  He was charging me £90 a tube at the time. After a while I went looking for it on the Web and found exactly the same cream for the total cost of less than £10 plus p & p and all went well.  Then towards the end of last year I found the site no longer held any stocks and discovered Janssen-Cilag Ltd had stopped manufacturing it.  However, I managed to order some from another site but when it eventually arrived it was via Mexico and Greece and I just knew it wasn't right.  The consistency of the cream was different and the condition of the tubes left a lot to be desired.  No way was I going to take a chance and put it on my face! I then spent many an hour researching and checking reviews and eventually placed an order with All Day Chemists.  Now, they have had a problem with hackers on their site obtaining buyer's credit card details etc which means they can no longer accept credit/debit cards as payment but if you have on line banking you can pay them direct through that means. I found it a bit complicated but when I asked for help through their on line assistant somebody rang me at home and helped me.  All the more surprising because they are based in India! I knew then that I could trust them and placed my order.  It took approx 3 weeks to arrive but I ordered 5 tubes no problem and so they'll last me a while.  Did I mention they cost the equivalent of £5 each?  So, ok the p & p is £25 but that's why I ordered enough to keep me going for a year, it's still cheaper than you'll get anywhere else and I know that I got what I ordered and not some rubbish from who knows where.  There was no cream available at that time so I had to buy the Tretinoin Microsphere Gel 0.1%, which I'm led to believe is kinder on the skin, but it is harder to spread than the cream and it doesn't go half as far but hey, it's the real deal. Oh, and I should add the expiry date is November 2014 so it wasn't old stock they were trying to get rid of (I've read that happens).  I also discovered on my journey that anything that comes via Mexico, or has any connection with that country, should be avoided at all costs. The internet sites that spring up there have a really bad reputation. I haven't checked in on ADC's site of late so some of my information may now well be out of date but I will certainly have no reservations in using them again. Ebay is now selling the cream but, after being stung once, I have my doubts as it appears the stock is coming from Korea. It may well be genuine and the decision is obviously yours to make.  I hope this has helped and I'm sure you will have questions so I'll check back in when I can.

#30 Dareyouto

Dareyouto

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm back.  Done a bit more research as remembered I've used online chemists for buying Careprost (incredibly good for growing eyelashes don't you know) without a prescription and there are 2 companies I have successfully used:

United Pharmacies UK   They have 0.1% Tretinoin  20 gram for £3.69  (It's the gel, not the microsphere gel) which is probably cheap because it's harsher on skin

0.1%                30 gram for £30.89 cream

0.1%                45 gram for £82.49 Microsphere Gel     (seems steep but it's a larger tube than normal)

0.025%             20 gram for £8.49   cream

0.05%               20 gram for £9.99   cream

A reasonable £5 for p & p 

IP Inhouse Pharmacy                      0.1%                  20 gram for 39 USD Microsphere Gel

0.1%                  45 gram for  87 USD Microsphere Gel         ** No stock of 0.025 or 0.05%**

Free shipping, which once you compare the exchange rate, appears to me to be cheaper than United Pharmacies

What is worrying me is that on both sites you are continuously seeing different strengths of Tretinoin flagged up as either out of stock or discontinued.  I think, for me, I'm going to stock up on United's 0.1% 30 gram tubes of cream just in case.  I prefer the cream formula as you use far less of it than the gel which I find grabs  so much.

Had a very brief look at ADC (All Day Chemist) and they're still in business.  The site has been updated and it appears they are now accepting Visa for payment.  Didn't have time to jot down all their prices and strengths but they're still as cheap as chips. I think all the formulas on there are the Microsphere Gels, but as I said   was in a hurry.  It may be that all the sites are asking for prescriptions for the higher 0.1% now but I just filled in an online form with ADC previously. 

#31 hey

hey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the info, cheers :)

#32 GaryD

GaryD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

I used a company called www.skincreamdepot.com for retin a. They have a full range of products and also have isotrexin, etc. Delivery is free worldwide and prices were competitive. It took just under a week for my products to arrive.

#33 Calumma

Calumma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:33, Mom of 2 boys

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Try this pharmacy : http://www.apotheke-in-belgien.com/. It is in Belgium but they shipped meds to germany that were discontinued here, so maybe they also ship to GB. I know that site is in german, I did not find the english one. Just write an e- mail ans ask about it, they will speak english.
Successfully on "the regimen" from age 12 to 33 for cystic acne
 Now:
 100mg spironolactone since 08/13
Paula's Choice BHA 2%,
Green Cream 6 Retinol

Acne free and already almost free of hyperpigmentation, discolorations and wrinkles

#34 dizzyabby

dizzyabby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, singing, playing piano, my pets

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hi Everyone!

I am from the UK and have been using differin as a replacement for Retin-A. It works okay but it is a tad too weak for me. It seems very unfair we can no longer access Retin-A. Recently I decided to ask for a prescription of aknemycin plus. It's an alcoholic solution with tretinoin and erythromycin. I'm not thrilled about it being an alcohol as it can be irritating and I don't really want the erythromycin in there but I have found it seems to be the only prescription I can get with any tretinoin in it whatsoever. I have been using it for 3 days so far and seem to be tolerating it so I will let you know how I get on. It makes me really angry when other countires can get treatments like tazorac and retin-a micro. I don't understand why we have no access to these here!!

I have started a facebook campaign to try and bring back retin a. Come join me!

https://www.facebook...bringbackRetinA

#35 thatgal

thatgal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

I'm able to get Retin A creme 0.05%, expiry July 2014. pm me if interested? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users