acne white heads black pimples pus wont away

6 replies to this topic

#1 Luked124

Luked124

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hey guys, I'm a 17 year old boy and I am fed up with acne. I started getting it around 15, and it has only gotten worse. I have tried EVERYTHING except accutane. I have tried:
proactive
clean and clear
benzaclin
astringent
neutrogena
prescription creams
cetaphil
aloe vera
benzoyl peroxide
salicylic acid
Witch hazel
blemish pads
obey your body facial kits
burts bees facial washes
biore blemish pads
clearasil
and I samples skin ID.

NONE of these worked in the long run, and i'm at the end of my rope with my acne. It has killed
my confidence and I feel like i'm the only one with it this bad out of all my friends. Coming from a kid who is very confident in himself, acne really has been ruining me.
I drink A LOT of water ( on average 5 poland spring bottles a day) I eat portioned meals for the most part, but I do admit, I eat sugary snacks frequently, but I don't think that's the problem
I am an athlete (soccer, wrestling) and I'm very active.
I live a very stressful life. I wash my face 2 times a day, then apply astringent, then a moisturizer (that's my new routine, hasn't been effective yet), but for some reason It just keeps getting worse. I really need some insight behind this. Thank you.

#2 the uphill battle

the uphill battle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this, my acne started around age 14 and I've been battling it for a long long time. I feel your pain. Just know you are not alone by any means.

Have you tried CeraVe at all? I am so glad I decided to try it, it has hands-down been the best cleanser. All the other acne cleansers and even Cetaphil made my skin dry, tight and break out. Or what about anything with Glycolic acid? It has been a God send for evening my skin and preventing breakouts.
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

#3 grubby456

grubby456

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

Have you tried a diet or vitamins supplements? If you can't fix it by the outside why not trying from the inside?

#4 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Try Apple Cider Vinegar, topically and orally. Good luck.

#5 Jamiefaith2

Jamiefaith2

Im in it, to win it!!!!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Taking care of my family. Mother of 2. All that matters is my family.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Try cutting out ALL dairy products, it works wonders, i mean WONDERs on my skin, i wen from. CYstic painful all over acne to clear skin within a coupke weeks.

#6 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Is there any way you can cut down on the stress in your life? Are you taking any supplements that may be contibuting to your condition? Or maybe someone can suggest a supplement that may help. (My son is 15 and takes Rainbow Light Active Teen.) Also, check out the discussion of probiotics on this board.

#7 ChaserGirl

ChaserGirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

Yes- cut all dairy products! But more importantly use a gentle cleanser (like Aveeno) because strong astringents and other harsh products just irritate skin. I live by Aveeno and Aveeno daily moisturizer with SPF. Moisturizing is super important and keep skin from producing sebum, which clogs pores! Also- use tea tree oil. Apply it where you need it. It's awesome! And lemon juice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users