Please Read- I'm Miserable..

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm a 17 year old boy and I am fed up with acne. I started getting it around 15, and it has only gotten worse. I have tried EVERYTHING except accutane. I have tried:

clean and clear

prescription creams

aloe vera

benzoyl peroxide

salicylic acid

Witch hazel

blemish pads

obey your body facial kits

burts bees facial washes

biore blemish pads

and I samples skin ID.

NONE of these worked in the long run, and i'm at the end of my rope with my acne. It has killed

my confidence and I feel like i'm the only one with it this bad out of all my friends. Coming from a kid who is very confident in himself, acne really has been ruining me.

I drink A LOT of water ( on average 5 poland spring bottles a day) I eat portioned meals for the most part, but I do admit, I eat sugary snacks frequently, but I don't think that's the problem

I am an athlete (soccer, wrestling) and I'm very active.

I live a very stressful life. I wash my face 2 times a day, then apply astringent, then a moisturizer (that's my new routine, hasn't been effective yet), but for some reason It just keeps getting worse. I really need some insight behind this. Thank you.

I'm sorry you're going through this, my acne started around age 14 and I've been battling it for a long long time. I feel your pain. Just know you are not alone by any means.

Have you tried CeraVe at all? I am so glad I decided to try it, it has hands-down been the best cleanser. All the other acne cleansers and even Cetaphil made my skin dry, tight and break out. Or what about anything with Glycolic acid? It has been a God send for evening my skin and preventing breakouts.

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

Try cutting out ALL dairy products, it works wonders, i mean WONDERs on my skin, i wen from. CYstic painful all over acne to clear skin within a coupke weeks.

Is there any way you can cut down on the stress in your life? Are you taking any supplements that may be contibuting to your condition? Or maybe someone can suggest a supplement that may help. (My son is 15 and takes Rainbow Light Active Teen.) Also, check out the discussion of probiotics on this board.

Yes- cut all dairy products! But more importantly use a gentle cleanser (like Aveeno) because strong astringents and other harsh products just irritate skin. I live by Aveeno and Aveeno daily moisturizer with SPF. Moisturizing is super important and keep skin from producing sebum, which clogs pores! Also- use tea tree oil. Apply it where you need it. It's awesome! And lemon juice