Photo

I Haven't Washed My Face In 3 Months - Clearest I've Ever Been!

albolene sensitive adult acne makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 MamaMila

MamaMila

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Oooook. I have no idea if this is coincidence, or luck, or what, but here goes:
I've had acne for my entire life. The last 2 years have been the worst my skin has EVER been. Over those years I went through 2 rounds of IVF, lost twins, and got pregnant again. While doing my hormone injections my skin got so bad that it left deep scars on every inch of my cheeks. So bad. Cysts on my forehead (I'm talking 15 at once). I'd touch my face and feel bumps like brail. There wasn't a clear spot. I'd cry putting on makeup every day. Once I got pregnant it stayed persistent. The cysts on my forehead subsided into 2 or 3 at a time, above my brow, in between my eyes, then some around my nose, but the bulk on my cheeks and chin. Hormonal.
At about 17 weeks pregnant I came across a site called "skinacea" and the girl told her story. Check it out - best thing I did.
I took the plunge and did what she did (it was the only thing I hadn't done) and got some good ole Albolene.
Albolene? You mean....oil? Yep. It's that stuff that is like a TUB of vaseline. It's meant to take off makeup and has been around forever. I think my grandmother used it. "But, oil? That's what EVERY doctor I've EVER been to has said to stay away from" I thought. Screw it. I did it. Put it on, wipe it off, follow with damp (warm) towel and done.
I have to say that after 3 months of doing this - after retinols, BP, my doctor recommending ACCUTANE - THIS is what worked. I'm hoping it's not because I'm pregnant but I was already pregnant when I started this, and it didn't clear up until the day I started using this.
And yes, I'm 3 months into this, but it cleared up within a week. Wipe on, wipe off, moisturize.

I honestly think everything my doctors told me to use caused my acne to get worse. I think I have sensitive skin. I get the occasional pimple now, as I have crazy hormones, but they are nowhere near the kind I used to get.

Read the website. Think about doing something other than throwing some chemicals on your skin.

I just had to share Posted Image I'll update once I give birth (very soon) and we'll see if anything has changed with my face. (Oh, and the girl on the website was NOT pregnant and got the same results I'm seeing).

Hope to help!

EDIT: Here is the website:

http://www.skinacea.com/personal/how-I-cleared-my-skin.html#.UE5V-q6tFiJ

Edited by MamaMila, 10 September 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#2 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

what is the site? and what girl? I really want to read this.

#3 MamaMila

MamaMila

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

what is the site? and what girl? I really want to read this.

Here is the website. It's worth a read!

http://www.skinacea....ml#.UE5UiK6tFiI

She has a different approach Posted Image

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

The Skinacea girl also takes supplements to balance her hormones. Which most likely has a greater effect on her acne than any cleanser she uses or doesn't use.

I also found out that my acne was hormonal. I tracked my menstrual cycle for many months and marked down each time I got a breakout. I discovered that my breakouts started when I ovulated and cleared up when Aunt Flo came to visit. Although birth control pills can help with hormonal acne, I was reluctant to take any kind of oral medication, so I turned to lifestyle and dietary changes to balance things out.
I started to take omega-3s and a multivitamin to help naturally regulate my hormones. (Some people say they break out from omega-3s, but it may be because the omega-3 source isn't pure or fresh enough or they may just have an allergy towards it.) I cut out junk food and skipped unnecessary sugar highs. I started to exercise for a minimum of 20 minutes everyday to improve blood circulation. And I went to bed early and woke up early.
Basically, I started to live a very automatic and boring, scheduled-life. But you know what? I don't care if I'm boring because the trade off is clear, radiant skin that gives me a ten thousand times boost in my confidence levels!

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#5 jaydeec

jaydeec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

i've been on her website. I found alot of what she said to hold true. Diet, supplements. Going the natural route as far as skin regimen's go....idk, i'm sticking with what i know works for me. I also believe she said she had dry skin with severe acne. I have extremely oily skin so nogo. it's a cool site for go to advice but everyone's skin is different and unique so what cleared someone 100% might not work for you at all. But if her routine worked for you, that's awesome :) keep it upPosted Image

#6 MamaMila

MamaMila

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

The Skinacea girl also takes supplements to balance her hormones. Which most likely has a greater effect on her acne than any cleanser she uses or doesn't use.

I also found out that my acne was hormonal. I tracked my menstrual cycle for many months and marked down each time I got a breakout. I discovered that my breakouts started when I ovulated and cleared up when Aunt Flo came to visit. Although birth control pills can help with hormonal acne, I was reluctant to take any kind of oral medication, so I turned to lifestyle and dietary changes to balance things out.
I started to take omega-3s and a multivitamin to help naturally regulate my hormones. (Some people say they break out from omega-3s, but it may be because the omega-3 source isn't pure or fresh enough or they may just have an allergy towards it.) I cut out junk food and skipped unnecessary sugar highs. I started to exercise for a minimum of 20 minutes everyday to improve blood circulation. And I went to bed early and woke up early.
Basically, I started to live a very automatic and boring, scheduled-life. But you know what? I don't care if I'm boring because the trade off is clear, radiant skin that gives me a ten thousand times boost in my confidence levels!

Yes, this was a huge part of it for her. With me though, it's not ok for me to supplement fish oils at least while I'm pregnant. So my experience is just changing the wash - or cutting out facewash completely. I do plan on trying this fish oil after I'm not pregnant anymore, but for what it's worth, stopping all of the harsh chemicals has worked wonders for me.

#7 Jenn_Pettigrew

Jenn_Pettigrew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

I'm pregnant as well! Going on 7 months, and my face is finally clear. I have always had acne, but it go wayyyy worse during pregnancy. What I have found is that less is more for my face, and it likes to be left alone at night. Weird, huh? But it works! All I do is an oatmeal mask/cleanser in the morning, a homemade green tea toner, then moisturizer with aveen positively radiant mixed with jojoba oil. At night I splash my face with water after my 3 mile walk, but thats it. Maybe some lavender oil on any stubborn spots. My skin loves me now!

#8 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for sharing! While i agree that chemicals on the face are not good, nor doing anything or minimally doing something is not for everyone, especially if your acne is coming from within. I tried the no washing method and my acne got worse. I also tried the natural way for a few months and my acne continued to spiral out of control. As of today, i am on a topical (just started) and my acne is really at the worse i've seen it (breakng out in areas i never break out in with under the skin bumps, etc)

My diet is good and i exercise - still working on stress.

Keep doing what works for you and have a safe pregnancy.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#9 lilaseeblume

lilaseeblume

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

I am doing the caveman regimen. Im on week 4 and am seeing great results. I still splash my face with water every other day or so and pat dry, and use jojoba to get rid of makeup (which I do not wear very often). So far so good! I think there is really something to this!

#10 ohmygod

ohmygod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

How do you wash your hair? if i dont wash mine within 15hrs it goes extremely greasy

#11 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

So what exactly is your a.m. and p.m. regimen? I am going to try this but I need to know what I need to use. Please and Thank you! :)