Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Accutane Journey (Pics)

63 posts in this topic

I have to say, your skin wasn't bad at all before Accutane, though I definitely see improvements on the after photos! :)

Congrats!!!

I have to say, your skin wasn't bad at all before Accutane, though I definitely see improvements on the after photos! smile.png

Congrats!!!

hey, did you have those bumps on your shoulders prior to accutane?

hey which moisturizer do you use on accutane?

hey, did you have those bumps on your shoulders prior to accutane?

How did you get those keloids? Can a keloid form on your shoulder blade if you bump your shoulder blade on the door, or on a wall, or even the car door?

How did you get those keloids? Can a keloid form on your shoulder blade if you bump your shoulder blade on the door, or on a wall, or even the car door?

6 months (approx.)

Side effects on the surface:

• Dry lips, dry hair, dry eyes (need eye drops all the time)
  • Skin is super sensitive. Mosquito bites give me bumps, scratching and tweezing produces redness, etc.
  • My eyesight has worsened.. I can't see very well from afar, I see kind of blurry, really hope this will go away once I finish
  • Red marks and scars haven't disappeared
  • Snotty nose
  • Muscles ache if I stay still for a long period of time
  • Haven't had my period since I started!

I'm seeing my dermatologist next Monday, I expect she'll end the treatment then. Will keep you posted.

I'm done with ACCUTANE! hifive.gif

The treament was a huge success for me, and although I still have scars, my skin has a improved a lot, and my CONFIDENCE too! I no longer feel afraid to talk to people and look them in the eye!

I can definitely recommend it to anyone with acne problems!

I hate having to return here, but I feel like I have to. I've been getting zits lately, at least one per day. Is this normal?

Would you say that your acne is associated with oily skin?

Have you been using a maintenance therapy after Accutane, preferably a topical retinoid?

See my posts here:

Good luck

Ok, I absolutely HATE having to post here again... but I feel like I need to.

It's been about a year since I finished Accutane, and I've had my first major breakout since then. I don't know if it's bad or not, but I doesn't matter because I feel so depressed that I am considering getting an appointment with my derm soon. I currently have about 10 (!!!!) active zits on my face right now. What the hell.

I think that this might be stress-induced -got an important exam on two days, and my last dentist appointment went like crap-, so I'll wait to see what happens during this week, but I don't know. I'm confused, sad, and angry. Fucking acne won't go away, and I've nothing to fight it (no creams or pills, nothing).