Photo

How To Lessen The Thickness Of My Scar Left From Thryoidectomy Surgery?

vitamin e mederma

1 reply to this topic

#1 Go*get*your*blessing

Go*get*your*blessing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

I had surgery on my thyroid in 2003, 9 years later I still have this horrible scar on the front of my neck, I have tried everything during these 9 years, mederma (<---this is a over hyped product, it does nothing), vitamin E, to many things to name to no avail, no significant results, I'm guessing because it is a raised keyloid scar that there is nothing that could be done, i'm just having to live with it. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks so much in advance guys!! i attached pictures of it, if I would have known this type of surgery would leave such a scar,scar 001.jpg scar 003.jpg I would have never did it!

#2 minnieBlue

minnieBlue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

I have a scar just likes yours, and to be honest, it's been so difficult to find something that might actually help the flattening process & in my case, the redness. I found a product called Kelo- Cote that has helped out. It's a silicone gel. After cleaning the area, you put on a thin layer of gel, let it dry and carry on with your day. In my opinion, it's helped out flatten my scar a little, but not enough. It has improved the redness, my scar looks like skin now. I've been using it for about 5-6 months now and I'm hopeful. It's over- the - counter, around $20.00. Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users