Photo

What Is Bb Cream?

foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 carmusen

carmusen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yesterday, a kind member here recommended me BB Cream instead of foundation because I'm a guy. I overlooked it because the prices online were expensive.

Today I was at Walmart and I saw L'Oreal BB Cream so I immediately grabbed one. Now I'm researching about it and apparently it's all the rage nowadays.

What is it? Is it just normal moisturizer? Or does it have foundation included? Can I wear it at home?

I'm wearing it now and my face is really shiny.

#2 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

The idea of a BB cream is that it's a tinted foundation with good ingredients that benefit your skin while you are wearing it. Most cremes advertised as 'BB' creams outside of asia tend to be full of crap and are basically tinted moisturisers.

It may well make your skin shiny as it will be designed for normal (not oily) skin and may have some shimmer in it to make skin 'luminous'.

#3 tricky

tricky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

http://www.cosmopoli...bb_cream_beauty

#4 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm a guy and use Lab Series For Men BB Tinted Moisturiser with SPF 35.

ClearDreaming is spot on. A BB Cream is a tinted cream with ingredients which help to fight and prevent blemishes and ageing.

The one I use guarantee's the following:

Immediate Coverage
Hydration
Brightening
Shine Control
Anti Wrinkle
Firming & Toning
Pore Reduction
Redness Reduction
SPF 35.

I've only been using it for a few days but so far so good. They tend to be a bit thick and personally I don't think it's moisturising enough but it does a good job. It defiantly helps to even out skin tone and reduce redness which was the main reason why I purchased it anyway.

You want a good reputable brand specifically for men, otherwise it just becomes another one of those 'make up for men' gimmicks.

#5 carmusen

carmusen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

^Do you use it in public?

Also, do you use it even just at home, maybe before you go to sleep type of moisturizer?

#6 carmusen

carmusen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

OMG FCK YES!!!

I tried the L'Oreal BB Cream (really cheap, $16) + Loose translucent powder. My skin has never looked smoother/natural! I love love love it.

I'm going to work now. Let's see if this beautiful face holds up after 8 hours.

#7 ijustwantmylifeback123

ijustwantmylifeback123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

How did it go at work did any one notice?

#8 sh1234

sh1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

BB cream is basically just glorified tinted moisturizer...

#9 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'm a dude and whenever I have bad breakouts BB cream is definitely the way to go. I use the generic Garnier brand, and it works well for me. It cancels out redness so well, it covers up scars, and it can make active blemishes seem WAY less noticeable. And the most important thing? It blends to your skin tone so well that nobody can even tell that you're wearing it. That's the most important thing for guys...that people do not notice that you're utilizing some coverage.

#10 RoseLilium

RoseLilium

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Yes, BB cream is lighter than foundation and better for your skin. I am from Asia, and I adore BB creams.

BB cream is something in between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation, and is more natural-looking than foundation. Foundation tends to look more mask-like. I live in Asia, and the best BB creams are from Korea - Enprani, Etude house, FaceShop, SkinFood. There are mainly two types of BB creams - water-based or spf based. The former is more matte while the latter can get oilier and shinier (the higher the spf the shinier it gets).

I am currently eyeing the Holika Holika aqua petite jelly BB cream that comes in a jelly form. It's something I'm really excited to try for the new year.

#11 lfct

lfct

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Just be careful! Garnier bb cream caused me to have acne again.

#12 armadillo

armadillo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

The idea of a BB cream is that it's a tinted foundation with good ingredients that benefit your skin while you are wearing it. Most cremes advertised as 'BB' creams outside of asia tend to be full of crap and are basically tinted moisturisers.

It may well make your skin shiny as it will be designed for normal (not oily) skin and may have some shimmer in it to make skin 'luminous'.

What is the difference between BB creams in Asia and everywhere else in the world?

#13 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

What is the difference between BB creams in Asia and everywhere else in the world?

Exactly what I said, theyre full of crap and chemicals. Companies took their current tinted moisturisers and stuck BB cream labels on them as they believed the consumer wouldnt know any better. Where as in asia they were actually thought out new a product.

#14 Sunshine41

Sunshine41

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Asian BB creams have a lightening affect that the Western don´t have. And good that they don´t have it Posted Image

Edited by Sunshine41, 30 November 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#15 linali26

linali26

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Has anyone tried a CC CREAM??? It is suppose,to be better than BB. I think i am going to try Rachel K cc cream. If anyone has already tried this please reply back. Thanks

#16 puffnoodles

puffnoodles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

can this be used while on accutane?

#17 GQ101

GQ101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Has anyone tried a CC CREAM??? It is suppose,to be better than BB. I think i am going to try Rachel K cc cream. If anyone has already tried this please reply back. Thanks

Hi! yeah i've tried a CC cream by Olay. the coverage is very sheer, barely covers anything if you have a lot of blemishes. I don't think I broke out with it, but it didn't help eliminating my acne either ( if that makes sense)

I am currently using MISSHA Perfect cover BB Cream (spf 42) in #31. It gives pretty good coverage plus it doesn't give me a grayish/pinkish/ ghostly mask like other BB creams do. #31 is a shade suited for tan/dark skinned people, but they have lighter shades as well.

Edited by GQ101, 20 December 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#18 linali26

linali26

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hi! yeah i've tried a CC cream by Olay. the coverage is very sheer, barely covers anything if you have a lot of blemishes. I don't think I broke out with it, but it didn't help eliminating my acne either ( if that makes sense)

I am currently using MISSHA Perfect cover BB Cream (spf 42) in #31. It gives pretty good coverage plus it doesn't give me a grayish/pinkish/ ghostly mask like other BB creams do. #31 is a shade suited for tan/dark skinned people, but they have lighter shades as well.

Thank you! I am waiting for the rachel k cc cream to arrive:)

#19 linali26

linali26

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Oh my gosh..it is amazing. What a great product! It has not broken.me out. It evens out my skin tone ...I am so glad I found something with Spf in it that works. Give it a try guys!

#20 banhi

banhi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Currently using bb cream

I use etude house precious mineral bb cream and I have noticed that I don't get acne marks like I used to; my skin scars very easily and this product has helped fade my scars :)