Photo

25, Chinese, Tanned Skin, Moderate Acne + Scarring From Teen Yrs.

regimen chinese tanned skin mderate acne + scarring

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#41 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Day 27
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
  • 1+1/2 Pumps Moisturiser + 6 drops Jojoba
  • "Pea Sized dopple BP for neck"

Notes
  • I look like I have freckles, which is pretty cool, but the flaking is grossing people out. Understandable though. :)
  • I have to remember to not touch my face how ever tempting it may be.
  • Pimple on forehead is taking a long time to heal up. I'm getting suspicious.
Posted Image

#42 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hey man, do you get any body acne?

#43 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hey man, do you get any body acne?

Yes, but it's very much calmed down since teen years. I get one every now and again.

Day 28
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
  • 2 Pumps Moisturiser + 6 drops Jojoba
Note
  • So I have to admit to a mistake. I gave into the temptation to use a mild micro scrub exfoliator. It was on my sink, and I was tired of this crazy flakey-ness, thought maybe if I scrub off some of this excess dead skin, it will improve the looks of it.
  • BAD IDEA: Yes Stardust, I should have listened. But I guess I'm really the type that has to try it out before drawing any conclusions.
  • If anything, my face felt nice immediately after the scrub, but MAN OH MAN, 5 minutes afterwards, my face felt like it was turning to stone. It actually increased the flaking like tenfold.
  • Sticking to the Regimen, and not deviating, good lord, it was terrible.
Flaking
BloPosted ImagePosted Image

Daily Pic
Posted Image

Edited by Norris, 02 October 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#44 judith2345

judith2345

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for your feedback to my questions i appreciate it. I'm going to start experimenting with the Jojoba oil, and will change up my shave method. As for your flakes maybe you could think about lowering the dose of BP it doesn't really seem like your breaking out anymore so you may not need as large of an amount anymore.

#45 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for your feedback to my questions i appreciate it. I'm going to start experimenting with the Jojoba oil, and will change up my shave method. As for your flakes maybe you could think about lowering the dose of BP it doesn't really seem like your breaking out anymore so you may not need as large of an amount anymore.

I thought about this as well. I've never reached the full dosage of 2 pumps. I don't break out that much anymore, so I'm wondering if I should even bother dosing up to the full 2 pumps at all.

Day 29
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
  • 2 Pumps Moisturiser + 4 drops Jojoba
Notes
  • Flakey
  • Skin is getting oilier again by the end of the day... Wonder why?
  • I hope I don't go back to being a super oily slick!

Posted Image

#46 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

Day 30
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
Notes
  • Flakey flakey flakey.
  • Day 30 is over. Time to get some AHA action going.
Posted Image

#47 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

how bad was it in teen years bro? Cheers

#48 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

how bad was it in teen years bro? Cheers

I updated my first post with a picture. I didn't take a lot of pics back then, so this was when it was bad, but not out of control yet. It got worse for about a year or so after that. Then I guess I grew out of the hyper-acne spurt.

#49 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

was it similar on your body?

#50 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

1 month + 1 Day
I'm going to group every 30 days into 1 month, and every 365 days into 1 year.
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
Notes
  • Flaking in the chin area...lots.
Posted Image

#51 WeAreMadeOfStardust

WeAreMadeOfStardust

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yikes on the exfoliation. Sometimes it's best to learn from experience. Yep definitely safe to try out AHA. Use it mixed into your moisturizer for a couple weeks until your skin adjusts. I started off with two drops and added another drop every week. It might get red and stingy/itchy for a little while. I use it at night to avoid facial discoloration and sun damage. I'm finding out now that I haven't been using enough moisturizer. Dan's old moisturizer I hear only required 1-2 pumps. But his new formula, doesn't contain Glycerin, the super moisturizing ingredient most moisturizers have. My flakiness has been generally unmanageable for the full 9 1/2 weeks I've been on the regimen. So I started using 2 1/2 pumps to 3 pumps of moisturizer and lightly diluted AHA at night. It's starting to help with overall dryness. For less shine, just add less jojoba oil in the morning. At night, I'm generous with it since nobody is going to see me anyway to make up for the lesser amount during the day.

Your complexion is looking very balanced and clearing very nicely. I know it may be hard to believe when we have flakes to deal with, but you are making amazing progress! Keep it up! Remember, more moisture will help gradually remedy the severity of the flakes.

Odd question: Do you have a fan that you let blow air on your face? I found out that my fan was part of my flaking and redness problem. Made my face dry very quickly and caused major itching. Just a thought.

#52 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yikes on the exfoliation. Sometimes it's best to learn from experience. Yep definitely safe to try out AHA. Use it mixed into your moisturizer for a couple weeks until your skin adjusts. I started off with two drops and added another drop every week. It might get red and stingy/itchy for a little while. I use it at night to avoid facial discoloration and sun damage. I'm finding out now that I haven't been using enough moisturizer. Dan's old moisturizer I hear only required 1-2 pumps. But his new formula, doesn't contain Glycerin, the super moisturizing ingredient most moisturizers have. My flakiness has been generally unmanageable for the full 9 1/2 weeks I've been on the regimen. So I started using 2 1/2 pumps to 3 pumps of moisturizer and lightly diluted AHA at night. It's starting to help with overall dryness. For less shine, just add less jojoba oil in the morning. At night, I'm generous with it since nobody is going to see me anyway to make up for the lesser amount during the day.

Your complexion is looking very balanced and clearing very nicely. I know it may be hard to believe when we have flakes to deal with, but you are making amazing progress! Keep it up! Remember, more moisture will help gradually remedy the severity of the flakes.

Odd question: Do you have a fan that you let blow air on your face? I found out that my fan was part of my flaking and redness problem. Made my face dry very quickly and caused major itching. Just a thought.

Thanks for the encouragement Stardust~ The flaking can be pretty irritating and makes you a bit self conscious. But I do see my complexion clearing up so forward with the Regimen!

Oddly enough I DID have a fan to my face early on the Regimen. I found that it dried me out MUCH faster, but I didn't pay much attention to it. I turned off the fan around a week ago (autumn hit, pretty chilly outside) and I found my face to be much more calmed, less irritated, and less itchy all around. Thanks for the tip off!

By the way I've been debating, since my acne wasn't bad when I started using the Regimen steps, is it necessary to dose up all the way to 2 pumps BP? My plan was to dose up, and then wind it down to as little as possible BP usage as I can get by with. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated!

1 month + 5 Days
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
Notes
  • My face is flaking bad at the end of the day still

Posted Image
  • It's dry and flaking but at the same time oily. What an odd pairing.

#53 WeAreMadeOfStardust

WeAreMadeOfStardust

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

You're welcome! Dan says two pumps of BP as the full dose, I would do it. Once you get consistently clear, then you can slowly reduce BP. If you get a breakout, increase a little bit more again. You have cleared up so much. Keep us posted!

#54 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

1 month + 6 Days
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
  • PM: + 1/2 finger length of AHA
Notes
  • Redness / flakeyness has come a little more under control
  • By around 9pm, it becomes very tempting to pick at it.
Posted Image

Edited by Norris, 10 October 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#55 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

1 month + 7 Days
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
Notes
  • AHA when mixed into Dan's moisturiser + jojoba oil, makes it very runny.
  • It also stings more and for a longer duration when applying it.
  • BUT my face looks great in the morning, much... more evened out than when I was just on BP Regimen.
Posted Image

#56 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

1 month + 8 Days
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
  • 2 Pumps Moisturiser + (AM 3 drops, PM 6 drops Jojoba)
Notes
  • Flakey but better.
  • Chin skin is flaking off like fish scales.
  • Small break-out on my right middle-cheek, next to lips. We'll see how this plays out.
Posted Image

Edited by Norris, 12 October 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#57 WeAreMadeOfStardust

WeAreMadeOfStardust

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

The new breakout should clear up quicker then if you weren't treating.

#58 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

1 month + 11 Days
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
Notes
  • Still experiencing lots of flaking
  • My whole face is basically flaking
  • AHA is helping with the flakes during the PM, but there's still crazy flaking during the AM.
  • I work sitting next to a windowed area, which gives me ample sunlight. I have yet to find a sunscreen I like the feel of, so I'm usually going no SPF during the day, which means I can't AHA during the AM.
  • If someone has experience with this, any feedback would be appreciated. I am concerned with the"blotchy-ness" it's making my face as new skin is exposed and old dead skin still hangs on. (Picture below) Will AHA even this out eventually?
Posted Image

Daily Picture
Posted Image

Edited by Norris, 15 October 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#59 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

1 month + 12 Days
  • 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
Notes
  • Flakes are not improving. I'm still flaky.
  • I'm happy to report no new acne, but really the flakes are getting annoying.
  • I feeling more self conscious about flakes now than I have about acne. Everything is okay until that 10 hour mark since the AM Regimen hits. Then my skin dries, itches and flakes like there is no tomorrow.
  • I will post up detail pictures of it the next time I shed like a snake.
Posted Image

#60 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

I really enjoyed looking at your log, very thorough and I'm sure new people to the regimen (or contemplating following the regimen) will find it invaluable.

You certainly are experiencing severe flaking but AHA will sort that out within a few weeks. AHA should also help with the uneven skin tone that the flaking is causing you. Once you've built up to using straight AHA without mixing in moisturiser you will notice a huge improvement. From memory, I had good improvement in the first couple of weeks of using AHA but it wasnt until I hit the 3rd week that my skin tone, texture and hydration improved dramatically.

Keep going....I'll be reading! :)

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.