vitamin vitamins vitamin d vitamin d3 zinc

5 replies to this topic

#1 Auspicious

Auspicious

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

I've been doing the water only treatment for the past two weeks and dead skin has been accumulating on face and i've read from this post http://www.acne.org/...-cure-for-acne/ that its a sign of my face healing and i was wondering if this is true because i know i've done a lot of damage to my facial skin and would be extremely glad if this was true. I really dont want to seem like a naive fool but i dont want to go around with a bunch of dead skin on face either.

i currently take vitamin d3 zinc and omega 3 as well as the cold splashes of water

sorry if this is in the wrong section.

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

I've been doing the water only treatment for the past two weeks and dead skin has been accumulating on face and i've read from this post http://www.acne.org/...-cure-for-acne/ that its a sign of my face healing and i was wondering if this is true because i know i've done a lot of damage to my facial skin and would be extremely glad if this was true. I really dont want to seem like a naive fool but i dont want to go around with a bunch of dead skin on face either.

i currently take vitamin d3 zinc and omega 3 as well as the cold splashes of water

sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Ive never heard of that.You might want to look into exfoliating with something natural and gentle to get rid of that dead skin. If not, you risk a build up of it and having it clogs pores resulting in breakouts.

#3 Auspicious

Auspicious

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the quick reply but i really cant afford to exfoliate because i dont want to damage my skin anymore than it is now

#4 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

You don't exfoliate when doing this "caveman" method. I've never tried this, but people who swear by it claim that the dead skin is indeed a part of healing. It doesn't sound appealing to me, but if you've gone this far you might as well stick it out and see if anything good happens.

#5 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Exactly how much dead skin do you have? I quit using topics over a month ago and the tightness/dryness in my face had to gradually go away over time. It takes time for your skin to shed... approximately 6 weeks for it to be COMPLETELY shed from the last cycle. A sign of healing? Say's who? You probably had what I had... patches of dead dry skin left over from what you were doing to your face before. Well it's good that you at least stopped. All this flaking is a sign that your skin most likely became addicted to these things over time. Just keep doing hat your doing but no more than twice a day. Don't rub the water on your face too hard if you think that will help because it wont. I just quickly splash my face with cool water or leave it alone when I take a shower. Most of the time I don't even pat it dry, I just let it air dry. If you can't stand the flakiness then put a few drops of jojoba oil on your face (NOT lotion otherwise your flakiness will go away only to come back when you get off the lotion!!). If it sticks out like crazy, grab some tape and GENTLY place it on your patch... quickly and softly taking the dry skin away when you peel the tape off. I don't recommend that though, but some people have such weird temporary patches of dry skin that it works for them just so they could turn their head without the dry skin becoming a shape to their face. Honestly, I would just hang in there a little bit longer, otherwise you wasted two whole weeks for nothing. Make sure you're not putting anything else on your face except approved oils or gentle/natural/organic soaps which I don't even use. Hang in there!

Edited by TreatAcne, 05 September 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#6 Auspicious

Auspicious

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Exactly how much dead skin do you have? I quit using topics over a month ago and the tightness/dryness in my face had to gradually go away over time. It takes time for your skin to shed... approximately 6 weeks for it to be COMPLETELY shed from the last cycle. A sign of healing? Say's who? You probably had what I had... patches of dead dry skin left over from what you were doing to your face before. Well it's good that you at least stopped. All this flaking is a sign that your skin most likely became addicted to these things over time. Just keep doing hat your doing but no more than twice a day. Don't rub the water on your face too hard if you think that will help because it wont. I just quickly splash my face with cool water or leave it alone when I take a shower. Most of the time I don't even pat it dry, I just let it air dry. If you can't stand the flakiness then put a few drops of jojoba oil on your face (NOT lotion otherwise your flakiness will go away only to come back when you get off the lotion!!). If it sticks out like crazy, grab some tape and GENTLY place it on your patch... quickly and softly taking the dry skin away when you peel the tape off. I don't recommend that though, but some people have such weird temporary patches of dry skin that it works for them just so they could turn their head without the dry skin becoming a shape to their face. Honestly, I would just hang in there a little bit longer, otherwise you wasted two whole weeks for nothing. Make sure you're not putting anything else on your face except approved oils or gentle/natural/organic soaps which I don't even use. Hang in there!

thank you very much for your post. this is extremely encouraging and i will continue to not use any topicals and hopefully it works out =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users