Photo

Will Tretinoin Cream Heal These Acne Scars?

makeup hyperpigmentation

3 replies to this topic

#1 blester33

blester33

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:flying dragon kites......
    just kidding l like running and watching tv.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

I've been on Tretinoin .1% cream for almost 3.5 months, and It cleared up my acne, but I'm left with hyperpigmentation ALL over my face Posted Image And It seems like they're not going away! Will 6 months like the cream claims cure all these scars for sure? They're really killing my self esteem :/ They seriously cover my face and I can't stand it anymore, help!
Also, on my forehead and cheeks the scars seem barely indented.. and it's visible under makeup.. what do I do?

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo on 2012-09-03 at 09.34.jpg
  • Photo on 2012-09-03 at 10.58.jpg

Edited by blester33, 03 September 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#2 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Tretinoin does not help with hyperpigmentation. Bleaching creams like hydroquinone or kojic acid will.

Hyperpigmentation isn't scarring, btw.

#3 hope2011

hope2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

I got a treatment of v-beam laser done for the redness and it really helped. There are lots of side effects to it and it's expensive but worth it in my opinion. Read up on it.
I use retin-a as well for the indentation, i've been on it for over a year now and i think it has helped slightly ... it's a long process so keep trying and hang in there!

#4 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

Tretinoin increases cell turnover. With increased cell turnover, the marks should fade a little faster. It does nothing to stop the production of melanin in your skin. If you use a bleaching solution, like hydroquinone or kojic acid, to inhibit melanin production, you will see improvement much faster. Either way, you must also protect your skin from UV rays with a good sunblock. Otherwise, you only prolong the issue with hyperpigmentation and could make it worse, especially while using Tretinon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users