Photo

Sudden Change In Acne Location/severity.

pimple pimples pus

2 replies to this topic

#1 aokna2736

aokna2736

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

Hello all!
About a week ago, I started school. I'm a sophomore in high school, and I transferred schools, so I was a bit nervous, but I don't think it was enough to cause anything. However, two days into school, My acne suddenly shifted very dramatically. I stopped getting any pimples on my cheeks (Thank God! I know its only been 3 days-ish, but usually there's at least one every two days.) and instead broke out around the mouth area, exclusively with pustules. They come and go very quickly, but I can't figure out what caused the shift! The only thing I can think I changed is the temperature of the water at which i wash (hot to cold.) I'm happier with it like this to a certain extent, but I would love to be completely clear, not just partially. Does anyone have experience with this type of thing that could help me?

#2 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

I only ever used to break out on my cheeks, but that has completely stopped now. I now break out on my chin and mouth area only, which I never did before.

I think anyone the hormonal around the mouth acne should try the regimen, I don't break out at all now.

Edited by LewisS, 01 September 2012 - 06:21 AM.

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hello all!
About a week ago, I started school. I'm a sophomore in high school, and I transferred schools, so I was a bit nervous, but I don't think it was enough to cause anything. However, two days into school, My acne suddenly shifted very dramatically. I stopped getting any pimples on my cheeks (Thank God! I know its only been 3 days-ish, but usually there's at least one every two days.) and instead broke out around the mouth area, exclusively with pustules. They come and go very quickly, but I can't figure out what caused the shift! The only thing I can think I changed is the temperature of the water at which i wash (hot to cold.) I'm happier with it like this to a certain extent, but I would love to be completely clear, not just partially. Does anyone have experience with this type of thing that could help me?

Chin/jawline acne is generally an indicator of a hormonal imbalance. Look at the Hormonal forum.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users