Photo

Should I Get Loprox Or No? Is There Another More Natural Product For Seborrheic Dermatitis?

azelaic acid

6 replies to this topic

#1 okiedokie123

okiedokie123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Loprox is about $30 at my local Walmart. I need something to control my seborrheic dermatitis on my chin and cheeks, it's absolutely devastating to me.

Oh yeah, does anyone know of where I can get cheap Azelaic Acid? It's $210 at Walmart, $300 at Walgreens. Way too expensive for me.

Edited by okiedokie123, 30 August 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Loprox is about $30 at my local Walmart. I need something to control my seborrheic dermatitis on my chin and cheeks, it's absolutely devastating to me.

Describe your chin and cheeks

Edited by Murph89, 30 August 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#3 okiedokie123

okiedokie123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

No redness, just terrible white flakes all around my chin and a bit on my cheeks despite them being somewhat oily. My cheeks are porous whereas my chin is normal tiny sized pores.

#4 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

No redness, just terrible white flakes all around my chin and a bit on my cheeks despite them being somewhat oily. My cheeks are porous whereas my chin is normal tiny sized pores.

No rednes at all on your chin? Have you tried coconut oil on the flaky areas? It worked for ,me and did not clog pores like everyone says to beware of

#5 okiedokie123

okiedokie123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

No rednes at all on your chin? Have you tried coconut oil on the flaky areas? It worked for ,me and did not clog pores like everyone says to beware of

I actually tried coconut oil earlier this year before finding out it was seborrheic dermatitis. I was amazed at how it kept the flakes away but it made me break out like crazy unfortunately.

#6 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I actually tried coconut oil earlier this year before finding out it was seborrheic dermatitis. I was amazed at how it kept the flakes away but it made me break out like crazy unfortunately.

Yes, coconut oil has a 4 comedogenic rating. It is very likely to break you out. If you want an oil with 0 comedogenic rating, look into emu oil or jojoba.

You can get cheaper azelaic acid internationally under the brand name Skinoren. It is not a prescription drug outside of the U.S. However I cannot tell you where to get these, but that option is out there if you want to search for it.

Edited by Green Gables, 31 August 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#7 okiedokie123

okiedokie123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

Yes, coconut oil has a 4 comedogenic rating. It is very likely to break you out. If you want an oil with 0 comedogenic rating, look into emu oil or jojoba.

You can get cheaper azelaic acid internationally under the brand name Skinoren. It is not a prescription drug outside of the U.S. However I cannot tell you where to get these, but that option is out there if you want to search for it.

Thanks for that. I tried Milk of Magnesia and surprisingly it got rid of ALOT of flakes though some still remain but it almost looks like it's just dry skin, which I think it is. MoM has a high alkaline level and I left it on for more than 5 minutes to dry. Taking it off was difficult. I think now I have super dry skin lol. There's no oil whatsoever.

Thanks for the azelaic acid idea, I'll look into that. It beats paying hundreds for something not yet proven for my skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users