Photo

Accutane Video Journey

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#21 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

Wow, great observation, I will bring that up to my dermatologist when I am in his office this week. I will let you know what my derm says in the next video. Thank you for pointing that out. That may very well be what I have had. People have mentioned the shaving thing to me before but I just don't think that... I think i may swich up my shaving technique and move to a different razor just to change the variables and see what happens. I will keep you updated. Thanks for the response :D

#22 eddy_if

eddy_if

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Haha not really observation, just curious Posted Image because I ever in your condition too, I got acne all over my face (but not cystic), I didnt know why because I still use my acne topical daily without skip them..Even my derm didnt know what caused the acne break out so badly.

Suddenly after 6 months I just realize that I got allergy from the air in my office room Posted Image I got allergy from the very bad humidity there. I moved to another room, the acne slowly healed.

Yeah let me know about your improvement later, James

Edited by eddy_if, 10 September 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#23 RightMeow

RightMeow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

About the redness, I can't say for sure if I had redness or not during Accutane. Honestly I've always had a pinker tone on my face (probably because of the nightly topical use) and makeup just covers up any pink/redness on my face. What I do know is that acne has left red/pink scars on my face which is super frustrating, but getting better each day!

I know sleeping on your back is hard, have you switched your laundry detergent to one for sensitive skins (no perfumes, or harsh ingredients)? I use one called Tide Free & Gentle. Also, eliminate fabric softener/dryer sheets from your drying cycle.

I've been taking Vitamin D3-5000mg once a day and Saw Palmetto 320mg once a day. You may want to look into these as well, (definitely ask your dermatologist before adding it with the Accutane). I feel like it's helped my skin, either that or the Spironolactone is kickin' in. Hard to tell.

Your skin is looking better already, and I think the 40mg will help the process go even faster! Stay strong

#24 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Just got home from my dermatologist appt. I will make a new video later tonight! Feeling really really depressed :/ I will elaborate more in the video. Here are a few pictures I just took after getting some injections in my cysts:

Right side of neck:

photo-35.JPG

Forehead:

Right-center of neck:

photo-37.JPG

Haha, and me as a baby with zero acne!! My mom just found this picture of me so thought I would share.

#25 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Edited by James9, 14 September 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#26 eddy_if

eddy_if

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

Yeah Jamesss keep fighting !!! I hope everything goes better

With accutane, there are sometimes we feel worse before it become better. Even me with low dose, I got that feeling too, so depressed because all of the clogged thing in my face surfaced. And it need time. Btw do not extract acne by your self, let them heal, I worry they can lead to scarring.

Sometimes when I feel it being worse and depressed, I watch before-after accutane video in youtube, there are so many successful video, and I think I just need to wait the success time comes Posted Image you must see them.

But now after 3 months I just maintain my low dose accutane, since there's very good result

Thanks too for the answer about the folliculitis.

Always take your accutane with full stomach (after lunch/after dinner) + drink more water,

Btw do you use any topical cream (maybe acne spot treatment from your derm, or anything else) ?

And I have information about acne mapping in face, this is according to chinese medicine.. haha maybe It is true...

Chin and Jaw Acne
  • Reduce the habit of eating before bed
  • Eat more fresh fruit and vegetables
  • Get more rest
  • Get your hormones checked for imbalances
  • Get 20 minutes of exercise each day
  • Sleep early and wake up early, getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night
  • Reduce stress as much as possible (yoga, meditating, listening to music, writing in a journal, etc.)
  • Massage your body for relaxation, particularly the abdomen
  • Practice proper hygiene
  • Check toothpaste, mouthwash, and chapsticks
  • Drink spearmint tea
  • Take omega-3s to help regulate hormones

Edited by eddy_if, 15 September 2012 - 02:11 AM.

#27 RightMeow

RightMeow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

James, there's no way Accutane makes your skin worse. I mean, there may be an initial breakout. But since it disables your oil glands, it WILL clear your skin. I think you'll see a big difference in 40mg..

Personally, getting injections on a regular basis scares me! I know a handful of people who have permanent icepick scarring from cortisone injections. Aren't they expensive too, $100 a pop? Your dermatologist gets paid out really well for those shots. Those injections may even be irritating your skin around and turning into more cysts.

I think that you would benefit from a topical until Accutane really starts to kick in. For instance, I was on a perscription topical WHILE on Accutane. 3 months in, my skin started to get really dry so I slowly weaned off the topical and only used a facial cleanser. The topical will really help with this transition stage. I really like Acanya, been using it for awhile. DON'T get on a retinoid (retin-a,tazorac, etc.) as it will make your skin irritated.

For stubborn cysts, I really like "CVS Drawing Salve Ichthammol Ointment" to use when i'm randomly at the house for a few hours. It brings the cysts to the surface so that they essentially turn into white heads. It smells terrible though!

Edited by RightMeow, 15 September 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#28 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

I am using Dan's cleanser in the shower 2/day. Is that good you think? I am terrible on knowledge of facial products :/

As far as the injections I am not sure... I would hope they don't leave scars. They thin out the skin and can leave a mark but from what I'm told it will usually go away... According to Dan's video on cortisone shots.

All my trust is in my derm right now so hopefullly he knows what he's doing. We usually have really great doctors out here in Scottsdale.

Does anyone else have any theories or expereinces with cotrisone shots? I would love to know

Edited by James9, 15 September 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#29 eddy_if

eddy_if

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, it is popular cleanser when you take accutane, not make our skin drier. It will not strip the skin of natural protective oils or emollients, also soap-free cleanser. You may try it.

Also I agree with RightMeow to spot your acne with antibiotic topical/antibacterial topical until your skin start drier with accutane.

Edited by eddy_if, 15 September 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#30 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Topicals have litttle to zero effect on cysts though, right?

#31 RightMeow

RightMeow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

I am using Cerave Foaming Cleanser, it's gentle but cleans very well. You can buy it from Walgreens. My dermatologist recommended it.

Cysts are just a type of severe acne. Topicals help acne. While it may take longer to heal than normal whiteheads, they do help.

You can wash your face twice a day with the cleanser. Then apply a nickle size amount of Acanya (or similar perscription) all over the areas that you usually break out.

Like stated before, you should look into the CVS Drawing Salve Ichthammol Ointment. It brings the cysts into the surface, makes them less painful. I think it's around $5 in the First Aid Aisle. Once they rise to the surface, the topicals will help more and more.

#32 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Some of my cysts are puffing up to be bigger while I'm on my accutane. Is this just part of the the IB? or could it mean I'm not reacting well to the accutane?

Also my lips aren't that chapped and my skin isn't getting really dry... just a little.. starting to get worried that maybe the medicine isn't working... Could my body be immune to it since this is my second time on accutane? idk :/

#33 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

Here are updated pictures of my acne:

The consistent response from people when I ask them how bad my acne is: 6/10. What do you think? I will post a video later tonight or tomorrow.

#34 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Edited by James9, 24 September 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#35 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm still keeping up with you James :) I've never used any of the products you are using. I've never used the org. Stuff at all. I do use Eucerin cream from time to time. I haven't used it on my face before that I remember. I use CeraVe products and am in love with them. Plus the org. Stuff is all medicated and I was told to stay away from anything that wasn't gentle. No active ingredients in it. I've heard great things about jojoba oils though. Maybe that's why your not very dry? Could be.

The lips... Peeling and peeling and peeling is all mine ever do. I've never felt chapped, but they peel so much spots become raw after awhile. I didn't experience any raw spots until my 3rd month and that is also when I got my dosage upped to 60mg daily. Just keep putting stuff on them so they don't peel raw like mine has before. It hurts to have a raw bottom lip. I noticed my lips started peeling around the lip line before it moved further into my lip though. Overall I think things are looking good for you James. I wouldn't expect anything magical to have happened in your first month, even more so a month on 20mg. Now that you are on 40 I think you will see better progress. What a pain to get blood drawn every 2 weeks!! Good thing to keep up on your health though, I hope things continue to go well :)

Edited by BeautifulDisasters, 24 September 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#36 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Acne getting worse...? :/

#37 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

#38 RightMeow

RightMeow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

Looks great! Are you feeling better about your neck? It looks like it's going down a lot!

#39 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

that pimple on your collarbone, did you pop that or get it injected?

The pimple i am referring to is in post #24, the first picture, the pimple on the way bottom of the picture.
Did you get that injected?

#40 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

Looks great! Are you feeling better about your neck? It looks like it's going down a lot!

Unfortunately, No :/ Although I am not getting any more cysts I don't think but the redness is not going away :/ so devastated right now! You really think it looks better?

that pimple on your collarbone, did you pop that or get it injected?

The pimple i am referring to is in post #24, the first picture, the pimple on the way bottom of the picture.
Did you get that injected?

No, I did not get that injected. Why do you ask? Should I have? Is it very noticeable?