Photo

Accutane Log

accutane roaccutane acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 puffnoodles

puffnoodles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

im into my two months and more than the pimples, it's the red marks that really bother me. hang in there! do you have pics of your progress?

#22 wsmith189

wsmith189

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

This is my second course.
Everything you are describing is perfectly normal. As you have undoubtedly read, everyone reacts differently. First go round I didn't see clear results until month 4 of 6. It was the unknowing fear that continually got me down. So unsure about everything. Unsure if the products I was using was contributing to the problem. Unsure if the drug even would work. Unsure if my derm was correct. Unsure why I wasn't seeing dramatic improvement. I get it. I completely understand where you are coming from. I lived it, experienced it, and struggled with it. Until one day I just said fuck it. Harder to do than to say, but embrace the fact your on tane. The light at the end of the tunnel is worth it. You know it, you wouldn't have decided to partake. You have, I am telling you, just accept it. Do not hide from it. Hiding will only perpetuate your downtrodden self esteem.
following your blog. hang in there man, totally worth it.

You are probably analyzing this post and scrutinizing why I am on a second course. I was completely clear post tane for a year and 3/4. The it progressively got a bit worse till I got to the point of one nodule/pustule/cyst a week. I wouldn't even call it mild...maybe light. Just bit the bullet to get it over with instead of waiting.

#23 Echron

Echron

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks guys^

Day 105 now and I've had one of those under the skin spots since cutting out dairy and that was after eating fast food while in the airport. Still not happy and I don't think I will be becuase I'm a huge critique of my skin and I'm the sort that hasn't a hair out of place.

My skin improving could be anything from the change in cleanser and moisturiser, to cutting out dairy to eating more low gi meals etc.

I've a hypertrophic scar on my cheek, I think, for the past 3 weeks or so. Anybody have any sucess treating them?

#24 Echron

Echron

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Day 111:

Got two cysts yesterday, although the were minor they suck balls and I drank hard Friday night and had about 3 Cheese Pizzas so my diet was destroyed.

Anybody still get small cysts this late into Tane? It's really depressing getting them this late.

I have 61 days left now so I think that brings me to the first of Feb.

Anybody any advice at this stage?

#25 Johnny199r

Johnny199r

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Ive got several red marks on my face. I can relate to you. On the acne.org website, Dan says these marks usually last 4-6 months, but can last longer.

#26 wsmith189

wsmith189

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Echron,
Have you figured out your cumulative dose? just google this sight plus accutane cumulative dose. That will give you the appropriate range in mg for your weight, have a chat with your Derm about wanting to go for the higher range. Obviously, the more you take the higher your chance of remission. During my first course, this is something I wish I had done. In a previous post I think I said I did 6months total. I think it was actually 5 months and I stopped in March because I was scheduled for a trip to the bahamas.
I did not stop breaking out till end of month three start of month four. Everything you described in your log happened to me. It was such a WTF feeling, why hasn't this happened already blah blah blah. It will happen, it will. Every single day try to remind yourself a few months of suffering is completely worth it for a lifetime of clear skin.
Are you a firm believer in diet being linked to acne? I used to buy into that hype. I used to think dairy was a leading cause, then I thought eating a high GI diet was the root of all evil, then I thought gluten was it. This was all while taking tane for the first time until I finally just broke down and said fuck it. The tane works by dramatically shrinking the pores-whatever was going to come out is going to do just that regardless of what you eat. My 2cents.
Best of luck, Echron. Hang in there bud.

#27 puffnoodles

puffnoodles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

same issue. i deal with red marks more than i do with actual acne. i've been advised to put aloe vera gel on my face, but i dont know if it's been making any difference. i'm on my 3rd month of 80mg accutane

#28 Echron

Echron

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

So as I approach the final hurdle I have two under the ksin spots to deal with. They are itchy but not sore. Usually they would turn into cysts but it doesn't look like these two are heading the same way. any advice?