Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warning Points?

34 posts in this topic

Since recently I've got this on my profile:

WarningPoints.png

When I click it I see this:

ZeroWarnings.png

As far as I know I'm the only user on the forum who has this. Which is strange. Is it a leftover of some test that was done or something? And people forgot to take it down again? Let me know what's up with the "warning point" system, would you?

I have the same thing when I look at my profile also, no idea where it has come from!

1 person likes this

If you have nothing to be grateful for; check your pulse.

Ah, so it's a personal thing. Where the "mods" communicate to everyone "behind the scenes". Rather pointless in my opinion... It would be better if it was visible for everyone. That way you could see who is almost outta here and who behaves. lol But then again, how does acne.org define "proper behavior"? :lol: That's an interesting question. Anyway, this thing reminds me of the reputation thing with the "likes" which people have mixed feelings about which I can understand.

I have two warning points. It's so that everyone knows you're a trouble maker.

So don't even start with me guys, cause i will chew. you. out.

...and i'm hardcore

3 people like this

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
I don't consume:
*Dairy
*Whole grains
*Refined sugars
*Table salt
*Vegetable oils
*Processed/Fast foods
*Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally

I don't see you have any warning points, so how could I know you are a troublemaker? haha

oh really? hah, that is funny. I definitely thought it was public

1 person likes this

`Organic~
I don't consume:
*Dairy
*Whole grains
*Refined sugars
*Table salt
*Vegetable oils
*Processed/Fast foods

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

I noticed the 'warning points' thing on my profile yesterday. What the heck is it?

1 person likes this

Cause of my acne:

Started birth control for first time in my life in 2011. I had the NEXPLANON contraceptive implant fitted.

After several months of unpleasant side effects of this device, I had it removed end of January 2012.

I have had severe cystic acne since April 2012.

Acne is listed first on the Nexplanon website list of side affects:

I would not advise Nexplanon to anyone.

Only yourself and the mods can see it. It's just your warning level. Although yours will no doubt be raised for posting this topic. Keep your eyes down and don't question the authority.

2 people like this

It is like a reason that picks you up

And places you

Where you always wanted

To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

If a member is warned for a violation of board rules, their warning level is increased, usually by a point. If that builds up to five points, it would result in a ban, although we could ban prior to that if we saw fit. Nobody else can see it apart from the moderators, there's no need for anyone else to see it. Plus it's not really anything for members to worry about anyway if they post within the board rules. smile.png

2 people like this

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

But also what I said. (head down)

2 people like this

It is like a reason that picks you up

And places you

Where you always wanted

To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

lol ayla, yes, you'd better behave!

This system has always been there, but after the board upgrade, the way warnings are communicated to members has changed completely. That's why you have access to your own warnings now.

2 people like this

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

Only yourself and the mods can see it. It's just your warning level.

Ah, I see. Thank you so much! amused.gif

Although yours will no doubt be raised for posting this topic. Keep your eyes down and don't question the authority.

lol.gif That sounds scary. ^_^

If a member is warned for a violation of board rules, their warning level is increased, usually by a point. If that builds up to five points, it would result in a ban, although we could ban prior to that if we saw fit. Nobody else can see it apart from the moderators, there's no need for anyone else to see it. Plus it's not really anything for members to worry about anyway if they post within the board rules. smile.png

Awesome explanation. Thanks man. thumbsup.gif

But also what I said. (head down)

lol

lol ayla, yes, you'd better behave!

This system has always been there, but after the board upgrade, the way warnings are communicated to members has changed completely. That's why you have access to your own warnings now.

Aha, I see...

I've been coming here for four years. And I've got zero warning points... I rock. amused.gif

I've been coming here for four years.

Make that four and a half! Oh my... lol

...and i'm hardcore

lmaoooo

Ive only got one

...and i'm hardcore

lmaoooo

Ive only got one

What did you guys do then to piss the mods off, if you don't mind me asking? eusa_think.gif If u don't wanna say, I'd understand.

Nosy much? :P There's a reason that members can see their own warnings only. And it's not about pissing off mods, we're used to obnoxious behavior. If you break one of the board rules, that's when you'll receive a warning. That applies to everybody.

1 person likes this

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

...and i'm hardcore

lmaoooo

Ive only got one

What did you guys do then to piss the mods off, if you don't mind me asking? eusa_think.gif If u don't wanna say, I'd understand.

"Abusive Behaviour" to that AKL geezer above. I Didn't really mean any offence by it I just stated that he takes his moderator job FAR too seriously haha and threw in a few swear words for good measure.

Exactly, and I threw in a well-deserved warning point for good measure :)

1 person likes this

Exactly, and I threw in a well-deserved warning point for good measure smile.png

That sure told me...How the hell am I meant to sleep at night knowing i've got a warning point on an acne forum!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That sure told me...How the hell am I meant to sleep at night knowing i've got a warning point on an acne forum!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I hope it did tell you, for if it happens again, you can spend your whole day sleeping, instead of hanging around on an acne forum.

1 person likes this

I hope it did tell you, for if it happens again, you can spend your whole day sleeping, instead of hanging around on an acne forum.

Lmao.

Im here for a reason, to solve my acne problem.

Whereas you only seem to be here to tell people off.

Lmao.

Then solve your acne problem, and don't insult people. Just a suggestion. Plus, you have no clue about the background and the PM exchanges I've had with the person you're referring to. So don't comment on my motivation to be here. Thanks.

1 person likes this

Lmao.

Then solve your acne problem, and don't insult people. Just a suggestion. Plus, you have no clue about the background and the PM exchanges I've had with the person you're referring to. So don't comment on my motivation to be here. Thanks.

Mabye if you didn't keep popping up everywhere closing legitimate threads people are writing in, telling people off for little rules and giving out warning points to people and all this nonsense then I wouldn't be questioning your motivation for been here.

All i did was post a naughty picture of my grandma. I didn't want to, but she was all like, "If you don't post that picture i'm gonna break your computer" So what was I supposed to do?

No, for real tho, I just told a moderator i was going to leave acne.org forever and she didn't want me to, so she gave me a couple warning points. Basically, I have to stay here or else i'll get banned

Neither of these statements are true

2 people like this

`Organic~
I don't consume:
*Dairy
*Whole grains
*Refined sugars
*Table salt
*Vegetable oils
*Processed/Fast foods

Mabye if you didn't keep popping up everywhere closing legitimate threads people are writing in, telling people off for little rules and giving out warning points to people and all this nonsense then I wouldn't be questioning your motivation for been here.

Obviously, this is bothering you a lot more than you're willing to admit. If I was following the rules to the letter, all those guys' threads would have been gone, and he should have gotten several warnings. None of which happened, considering the state of mind he was in. Legitimate threads are never closed (some exceptions: if they're steering away from the original subject, and there's no sign of them getting back on track, or if they're turning into a bickering party, for example). But hey, if you think this is all nonsense: fine with me, really. You may disagree with the board rules, but they're here, and all the mods are here to enforce them. Shall we continue via PM, since this is no longer about the warning system?

1 person likes this

"Abusive Behaviour" to that AKL geezer above. I Didn't really mean any offence by it I just stated that he takes his moderator job FAR too seriously haha and threw in a few swear words for good measure.

Oh boy. Yeah, that will get you a warning pretty quickly. lol

All i did was post a naughty picture of my grandma. I didn't want to, but she was all like, "If you don't post that picture i'm gonna break your computer" So what was I supposed to do?

No, for real tho, I just told a moderator i was going to leave acne.org forever and she didn't want me to, so she gave me a couple warning points. Basically, I have to stay here or else i'll get banned

Neither of these statements are true

lol