Photo

Just Tried A Comedone Extractor For The First Time And Holy Crap Can't Believe People Use These Things

pus

No replies to this topic

#1 enjoy

enjoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

It was a basic one with a bent/angled loop on each end. One was flat and larger and the other was smaller and thin rounded metal. I gave it a quick go and almost immediately stopped. The pressure required to properly use these things is absolutely ridiculous...I tried the flat side first and it left a perfect imprint of the damned thing right on my cheek which took a while to plump back up and the redness lasted way too long for it to be used regularly.

I can see how the smaller side could be useful in certain cases by gently removing one that is ready/near the surface by sliding it downwards and getting 'underneath' the plug to effectively push it out without having to press down with the force of 20 silverback gorillas but aside from that I feel like this thing is useless and dangerous. I can only imagine how many poor people have scarred the hell out of themselves using these things.

The tools I normally use are the finest of sewing needles and a dental pick which has a rounded hook on the end made from thick rounded metal. I don't stick the dental pick tip in my face, I use the needle for that (ever so slightly pricking, and always pricking into the actual pore. If you draw blood then you missed the pore and pierced the actual skin) and I use the rounded part of the 'hook' (like a U shaped elbow) to gently press and drag downwards. If that doesn't do it then I'll use the finger and tissue. If that still requires too much pressure I'll stop because I know I'll just make it worse. In my experience this has been the best/safest/gentlest way of doing it. I'm left with a bit of pinkness depending on how rough I was (which is not rough at all anymore, learnt that the hard way) which only last an hour or so, and afterwards there's virtually no sign that I've operated on the area. This is best done after doing an 'oil cleanse method' type wash so that everything is somewhat softened up plus you leave some oil on your face and this reduces drag/friction which is essential for creating minimal redness.

the pick I use is basically like the 4th one from the right in this photo http://pinballmagic....ges/pickset.jpg , you use the pocket of the hook and it works perfectly especially in spots like the crease where your nose meets your cheek.

anyways, any of you guys use the typical comedone extractors regularly and actually like them?? I was instantly like "wow f#ck this thing, disaster waiting to happen"... I seriously can't imagine how the large flat side could be used safely in any situation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users