Photo

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder And Acne!

ocd adult acne skin sad depressed blackheads pores pimples

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#41 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

I have LOL.
And thankyou for your advice. Its made things alittle clearer for me and its great that I can chat to someone like yourself who is in the same boat as me.

#42 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

anytime =) it helps me too knowing i'm not the only one that thinks this way! OCD is a lot more common than you think. i was just talking to a patient today about it and her daughter just so happens to have it too.

#43 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Aww really, yer I think ALOT of people have this sort of problem
Its not fair when we are judged because of it.

#44 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

Wikipedia has spoken!

The phrase obsessive–compulsive has become part of the English lexicon, and is often used in an informal or caricatured manner to describe someone who is excessively meticulous, perfectionistic, absorbed, or otherwise fixated.[2] Although these signs are present in OCD, a person who exhibits them does not necessarily have OCD, and may instead have obsessive–compulsive personality disorder (OCPD), an autism spectrum disorder, or no clinical condition.

It's in and of itself disappointing to see that when someone comes on here to help and start a mature conversation that it isn't necessarily so that this person will be treated respectfully.

But if we just try to understand each other then grudges won't be held and bad feelings will disappear. Good people should be given room to make mistakes. When people make mistakes, like for instance what happened in this thread where people start offending me or laughing at me or whatever...I try to understand how things ended up that way with them somehow feeling wronged or whatever. It was certainly not my intention to make you feel bad... Posted Image

Since when is saying what you think the same as judging someone? How is it possible that nuanced posts written in a respectful manner are perceived as posts written by "arrogant know it alls"?

Now it may be so that this post is met with snickering. Or a response like "Whatever mate. Posted Image ".Or "You can say what you want but my opinion of you is still the same! I really don't like you at all and I can't see how anyone can (like you). You suck, you suck, you suck." in which case I'll just silently walk away from this thread. So if you have any desire to post in such a manner, I'd say go right ahead. You'll get no response from me and the thread will either be closed or continue without me.

I hope the thread doesn't get closed. Sure, some people have made mistakes in this thread but if every conversation on this forum is ended as soon as there is one misunderstanding then how can any conversation ever take off? In real life you also don't end every conversation as soon as one person misunderstands someone else. Or as soon as there is a disagreement. If people can't compare each other's views and consider each other's arguments then how is any form of progress possible?

Edited by Lapis lazuli, 02 September 2012 - 03:29 AM.

#45 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

I have obsessive tendencies about my skin and acne but I don't think it would be severe enough to be classed as OCD. It may lean toward the BDD side of things but I don't know enough about either condition or how they're diagnosed to be sure. Of course it's not something I'd self-diagnose though!

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#46 anniej

anniej

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm taking antidepressants and my obsession over clogged pores on face is kind of slowing down. I still check my skin many times a day but I don't have the urge to extract them anymore.