Photo

Could You Help With My Chin/jawline Situation?

chin jaw pimples rash pimple

3 replies to this topic

#1 izzygrace1515

izzygrace1515

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

The last time I had a serious bout with acne was years ago. With age, and luck I guess, I haven't had to deal with it too much lately. Anyways, I made the mistake of buying a Clarisonic, which started to break me out. Completely freaking out, I started using harsh products on my face which left me super dried out. Then I got frustrated with THAT, and scrubbed my skin to get the flakes off. That must've really done the trick, because while I got rid of the flakes, I ended up with a rash/serious pimples on my chin and jawline. I don't know what to do now! It's so bad that I don't want to go to work!

I have been coating it in honey, which has been ok, and has brought some stuff to a head. I've spot treated some of the bigger pimples... But I still have these smaller, rash-like bumps, and my chin and jawline are so red!! Any advice??? UGGGG!!!

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

The last time I had a serious bout with acne was years ago. With age, and luck I guess, I haven't had to deal with it too much lately. Anyways, I made the mistake of buying a Clarisonic, which started to break me out. Completely freaking out, I started using harsh products on my face which left me super dried out. Then I got frustrated with THAT, and scrubbed my skin to get the flakes off. That must've really done the trick, because while I got rid of the flakes, I ended up with a rash/serious pimples on my chin and jawline. I don't know what to do now! It's so bad that I don't want to go to work!

I have been coating it in honey, which has been ok, and has brought some stuff to a head. I've spot treated some of the bigger pimples... But I still have these smaller, rash-like bumps, and my chin and jawline are so red!! Any advice??? UGGGG!!!

If doing nothing has worked to keep your skin clear, then you should stop freaking out and go back to what you were doing before you broke out. And give it time to heal. You messed up by using a skin brush you didn't need, and now you're overcompensating by loading your skin with products.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 okiedokie123

okiedokie123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

I feel for you. *hugs*

I'm going through the same thing. I would just let it breathe for awhile, let it heal, maybe moisturize without touching the pimples. If you find it has gotten worse or spread, it may become perioral dermatitis, which is what I am also suffering from. See a derm if nothing improves in a week.

#4 izzygrace1515

izzygrace1515

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

Well I went to see a doc today since it seemed like some sort of infection. Sure enough, it is an allergic reaction to something I had been using. I did some research and realized that this healing cream I had been using on dry patches contained balsam of Peru, a serious irritant. I even used that last night! Errrr... I got a prescription for presidone and Zyrtec. Praying it works, because I need to get back to work :) The bumps appear to be drying, but my face is still red! Too red and dry to cover with makeup, and still some decent bumps left too... What really sucks is I cancelled dinner plans with my bf bc I don't want him to see me like this :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users