I'm really at a short fuse that's just about to give up everything - school, work, family, life. I don't know what to do anymore. With school coming back in a week, I'm really at the end of the tunnel but there's no light. I am just wondering if anyone can give me some advices, tips, pointers for the following problems that I have. I feel that someone providing me suggestions can help me at times because it gives me another option to handle my skin.
So basically, here's the gist of it long story short - I had lip licker's dermatitis at 12. It caused brown hyperpigmentation/scarring since I was 12 and it seems to come and go - but that's not the case. It either fades with enough time or comes back due to my other problem, which is perioral dermatitis.
Perioral dermatitis causes acne and bumps around my mouth. So not only do I have PIH, but also Perioral dermatitis which I seemed to have it under control in the meantime using LED Light Therapy.
However, my chin's acid mantle is absolutely destroyed. There is no moisture at all. I have no sebum secretions or sweat coming from my chin even after running! I don't know what happened to it or where it all went but I really want oily skin back. To be honest, I would rather have that and pimples than have this dry, flaky, sebum/keratin plugged skin.
No matter how much exfoiliation I do, the dry flaky sebum plugs are there. No matter how much moisturization I do, the plugs and flakes remain as well as causing new breakouts (I use shea butter).
I also developed neck acne, which is really odd!
So I'm wondering if you guys could give me some tips and pointers for the following because I am completely lost and need some moral instilled into me. I am really depressed.
1) Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation that's been there since 12 years old. It's faded/come back each year with this year being the worst due to LED Light therapy. I'm 21 now.
2) Perioral dermatitis - How can I keep it under control without antibiotics or ACV? LED Light Therapy seems to calm it down but it causes PIH to get darker!
3) Sebum/keratin plugs and dryness- How do I get rid of these? Exfoliating doesn't help. Moisturizing even with shea butter doesn't help either. And shea butter may be greasy and comedogenic.
4) What is causing me to have difficulty opening my mouth? Is it lack of skin elasticity? Can fungal infections do this too?
5) Neck acne - is it hormonal? Could LED Light therapy aggravate it since I did it the last 2 days and it didn't do anything. My regimen with LED Light therapy is everyday but maybe it's too much?
Please help guys
Edited by okiedokie123, 26 August 2012 - 08:18 PM.