Photo

Can't Seem To Find My Missing Link

vitamin vitamins omega-3 probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Adin

Adin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

So I thought I did everything right regarding natural clear skin;
I exercise,
I don't eat suger and very limited satured fat,
I eat fatty fish every day supplemented by omega-3 oil,
I drink at least 3 - 4 liters of water a day,
I take multivitamin, zink and probiotics,
I wash my face with honey,
I steem it from time to time,
I drink a little bit of apple cider vinegar in the morning and the evening
I sleep with a towel over my pillow, changed every day,
I sleep with coconut oil on my face.

I can't see what the problem is? Maybe you can.

Steam*

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

What is your acne like? And for how long have you been eating this way?
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 Adin

Adin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

It only appears on my cheeks and chin. It comes pretty much as white and black heads, with an occasional cyst.
I've been eating like this for a month with absolutely no sugar. Beforehand I've been eating very healthy with an occasional chocolate bar (80% >). I also forgot to mention that I do not eat gluten aswell.

Edited by Adin, 26 August 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#4 MysteryTutor

MysteryTutor

Rising Member

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Oil is oil, I honestly don't think you should have coconut oil on your face however the only oils that should be on your face are jojoba oil and emu oil. Tea tree oil should be used to combat blemishes. Find a better moisturizer. If you notice that there is only acne on your face and not your body it may be because of the moisturizer your using. You say you supplement with certain products. But check out the ingredients on these products. Are they made artificially? Do the ingredients have unwanted excipients such as titanium dioxide, magnesium sterate, vegetable magnesium stearate, corn starch. Look for a good quality multi vitamin that is organic and made with whole foods. Make sure you drink clean water. Drinking 3-4 liters of poisoned water will do you no good. The problem with fatty fish is that they contain high levels of mercury. I dont think you should eat it everyday maybe 3-4 times a week unless its mercury free. You should avoid exercising too long as this causes excess cortisol to be released.
Regimen
Steam my face to open up my pores.
Wash with warm water. (Must not be fluoridated) Fluoride can clogs pores.
Apply Tea Tree Oil soap or Apple Cider Vinegar.
Rinse and Moisturize with Aloe Vera, Emu Oil or Jojoba Oil

Use Tea Tree Oil diluted with jojoba oil for inflamed areas.
Lightly Exfoliate every day with sugar.

Diet
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and chicken and beef. (Basically the Paleo Diet but with brown rice and Goat Dairy)
Completely cut out processed foods.
Probiotics come mainly from Goat Yogurt and Goat Milk
Recolonize the good bacteria with Goat Yogurt Enemas.

Essential Supplements
HCL to help digestion
Probiotics to recolonize bacteria
Diatomaceous Earth To Help scrub Mucous and drive parasites out of the Gut
Flaxseed Oil for Omega 3s
Iodine/Thyroid Supplements to combat fluoride absorption through shower water
Gluthatione( Master of all antioxidants)

Stress
Lots of meditation
Lots of Sleep (Circadian Rhythum)
Watch Comedy
Exercise Anaerobic is superior to Aerobic in controlling hormones)
Sunlight and Fresh Air are your best friends.
10-15 minutes of Sunlight can be very beneficial to the skin
Keep Plants around the House to clean the air.

#5 Adin

Adin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

Coconut oil is pretty wonderful, all my inflammation is gone over the night and then it returns when i work out etc. In you regimen you mention Aloe Vera. Is that a good product for moisterizing?

#6 MysteryTutor

MysteryTutor

Rising Member

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Yes.
Regimen
Steam my face to open up my pores.
Wash with warm water. (Must not be fluoridated) Fluoride can clogs pores.
Apply Tea Tree Oil soap or Apple Cider Vinegar.
Rinse and Moisturize with Aloe Vera, Emu Oil or Jojoba Oil

Use Tea Tree Oil diluted with jojoba oil for inflamed areas.
Lightly Exfoliate every day with sugar.

Diet
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and chicken and beef. (Basically the Paleo Diet but with brown rice and Goat Dairy)
Completely cut out processed foods.
Probiotics come mainly from Goat Yogurt and Goat Milk
Recolonize the good bacteria with Goat Yogurt Enemas.

Essential Supplements
HCL to help digestion
Probiotics to recolonize bacteria
Diatomaceous Earth To Help scrub Mucous and drive parasites out of the Gut
Flaxseed Oil for Omega 3s
Iodine/Thyroid Supplements to combat fluoride absorption through shower water
Gluthatione( Master of all antioxidants)

Stress
Lots of meditation
Lots of Sleep (Circadian Rhythum)
Watch Comedy
Exercise Anaerobic is superior to Aerobic in controlling hormones)
Sunlight and Fresh Air are your best friends.
10-15 minutes of Sunlight can be very beneficial to the skin
Keep Plants around the House to clean the air.

#7 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

Coconut oil is pretty wonderful, all my inflammation is gone over the night and then it returns when i work out etc. In you regimen you mention Aloe Vera. Is that a good product for moisterizing?

It is great for hair, wouldn't recommend it for skin. It is very comedogenic. If you want a natural non-comedogenic oil try jojoba or emu oil.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#8 Bearishly

Bearishly

Food is medicine that tastes good

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

So I thought I did everything right regarding natural clear skin;
I exercise,
I don't eat suger and very limited satured fat,
I eat fatty fish every day supplemented by omega-3 oil,
I drink at least 3 - 4 liters of water a day,
I take multivitamin, zink and probiotics,
I wash my face with honey,
I steem it from time to time,
I drink a little bit of apple cider vinegar in the morning and the evening
I sleep with a towel over my pillow, changed every day,
I sleep with coconut oil on my face.

I can't see what the problem is? Maybe you can.

Steam*

The first questions that come to mind:

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy? What else do you eat? Do you eat vegetables? Do you eat a high or low GI diet?

#9 Adin

Adin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

Alright so for the last couple of months my diet has been the following:

Breakfast:
365 g eggs
50 g salmon
200 g organic brown rice
2 handfulls of whole organic spinach
15 g coconut oil for the pan
0,3 l water with a bit of apple cider vinegar
0,3 l plain water
2 g fish oil
1 multivitamin pill

Early school:
0,5 l plain water
1 apple

Middle school:
0,5 l plain water
200 g boiled chicken
120 g organic brown rice

Late school:
0,5 l plain water
1 apple

After school/Preworkout:
100 g organic brown rice/100 g quinoa
140 g tuna
125 g makrel with tomato
0,3 l plain water
2 g fish oil
0,02 g zink

Dinner:
100 g organic brown rice
160 g beef
0,3 l water with apple cider vinegar
0,3 l plain water
2 g fish oil
1 multivitamin

Just before bed:
0,3 l plain water with probiotics

There's approximately 3250 calories in total.

#10 Bearishly

Bearishly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

If it was me, the rice would still be breaking me out. It also looks like your diet is lacking in whole, nutrient-dense fruit and vegetables. I count one serving of vegetables, three fruit, with two redundant (two apples) and none of the three are particularly nutrient dense. I would get more variety in your fruit, if possible (berries, tropical fruit, peaches, etc. are all good) and swap the rice for sweet potatoes.

Also, probiotics work best when taken along with prebiotics (garlic, onion, and asparagus will work nicely).

Blood sugar could be an issue when you're eating that many calories. Zinc is great, but there are other minerals like magnesium and chromium that help regulate blood sugar.

Are you getting approximately 8 hours of sleep per night? Is it at a regular time?

Just some thoughts that come entirely from my own perspective and what makes me break out. I know from experience that it's difficult to eat properly when you're restricted by your school's dining options, and your diet sounds a lot like mine when I was in college (sans the supplements and coconut oil).

#11 Adin

Adin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

I know vegetables and fruit is kind of lacking but due to gaining weight i just can't stomach it with all the food...
My multivitamin is reinforced with extra zink, magnesium, chrome and b6 so I just assume it's covered by that.
I'm aware that eating an overexcess of calories could break one out a bit but seriously, the other guys at my club are stuffing themselves and they have nothing. I should be able to gain weight with clear skin.
As for sleep I often get 9 - 10 hours a night depending on how much I work.
I'll look into some fruit/veggies i actually like that doesn't fill up too much, please make suggestions.

#12 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

I'd switch out ALL the rice and any other grains with fresh greens and vegetables. I didn't experience real healing until I did that.

Look into the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#13 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

It only appears on my cheeks and chin. It comes pretty much as white and black heads, with an occasional cyst.
I've been eating like this for a month with absolutely no sugar. Beforehand I've been eating very healthy with an occasional chocolate bar (80% >). I also forgot to mention that I do not eat gluten aswell.

Is your acne constant? Have you tried an elimination diet, besides the gluten? Do you have other issues with digestion, constipation, allergies, fatigue, etc?

Also blackheads need to be extracted or exfoliate away. They aren't going to just heal as there is nothing to heal. I think the same may be true of other forms of non inflamed acne.

Edited by alternativista, 29 August 2012 - 11:42 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#14 Bearishly

Bearishly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm aware that eating an overexcess of calories could break one out a bit but seriously, the other guys at my club are stuffing themselves and they have nothing. I should be able to gain weight with clear skin.

I'll look into some fruit/veggies i actually like that doesn't fill up too much, please make suggestions.

Everyone's body is different. It's just the way it is.

Fruit-wise, berries are the best bang for your buck if you don't want to fill up. They're loaded with good stuff and they don't have a ton of sugar.

I think at a certain point, if your weight gain goals don't allow for eating a healthy diet, you need to reevaluate those goals. You only have one body; treat it right and it will treat you right.

#15 Adin

Adin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'd switch out ALL the rice and any other grains with fresh greens and vegetables. I didn't experience real healing until I did that.

Look into the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.

If I did that I would clear up a bit due to the vast decrease in calories and therefore weight. I'm at the moment attempting to rise up a category in our weight classes for powerlifting, as I am a sub-junior lifter. I can't afford such a weight loss right now, there has to be another way...

Is your acne constant? Have you tried an elimination diet, besides the gluten? Do you have other issues with digestion, constipation, allergies, fatigue, etc?

Also blackheads need to be extracted or exfoliate away. They aren't going to just heal as there is nothing to heal. I think the same may be true of other forms of non inflamed acne.

My digestion has not been an issue since last year when i ate paleo (same as now but without brown rice). I'm not constipated judging from my water intake and bathroom activities. I've never been testet positive, nor experienced any symptoms, of any allergies and concerning fatigue I'm in above average shape cardio-wise and I perform strength training six hours a week.

#16 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

If I did that I would clear up a bit due to the vast decrease in calories and therefore weight. I'm at the moment attempting to rise up a category in our weight classes for powerlifting, as I am a sub-junior lifter. I can't afford such a weight loss right now, there has to be another way...

Well, if you don't want to give up rice I understand, but you wouldn't lose weight if you didn't cut calories. You'd just need to replace the rice with something else for a little bit. I don't think it's a diet most of us would have to do forever, but it can help speed up healing drastically in the short term. My new plan is to do the diet for a few months and hopefully get my health and skin back on track, and then stick to it long term but allow an otherwise healthy "cheat" food like sweet potatoes once a week or so.

Morning:

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Evening:

#17 Adin

Adin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Well, if you don't want to give up rice I understand, but you wouldn't lose weight if you didn't cut calories. You'd just need to replace the rice with something else for a little bit. I don't think it's a diet most of us would have to do forever, but it can help speed up healing drastically in the short term. My new plan is to do the diet for a few months and hopefully get my health and skin back on track, and then stick to it long term but allow an otherwise healthy "cheat" food like sweet potatoes once a week or so.

I'm well aware that I wouldn't necessarily lose weight, but I doun't think I'd be able to eat enough of the greens to replace the already filling rice. There's almost no cals in veggies.

#18 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'm well aware that I wouldn't necessarily lose weight, but I doun't think I'd be able to eat enough of the greens to replace the already filling rice. There's almost no cals in veggies.

What about fruits? You say you don't eat sugar, is that because you've seen a reaction to fruits in the past? I see you eat an apple or two, but adding more fruits to your diet could give you a lot of calories, carbs and energy.

Also, why are you avoiding saturated fats? You mean shitty oils like they have in fast food? Or are you limiting stuff like coconut oil too? I see you use a little bit for cooking, but finding more ways to add it into your diet will do you no harm and add a ton of calories. Coconut oil is an extremely healthy saturated fat, and our bodies do need saturated fat to function properly.

I add a couple spoonfuls of coconut oil into my smoothies in the morning, I cook with it (probably 4-5 spoonfuls over the course of the day) and I also eat a few spoonfuls per day. It really feels good in your body and is great for fueling workouts. Unlike other fats, it breaks down and becomes energy very quickly.

Morning:

Evening:

#19 Adin

Adin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

What about fruits? You say you don't eat sugar, is that because you've seen a reaction to fruits in the past? I see you eat an apple or two, but adding more fruits to your diet could give you a lot of calories, carbs and energy.

Also, why are you avoiding saturated fats? You mean shitty oils like they have in fast food? Or are you limiting stuff like coconut oil too? I see you use a little bit for cooking, but finding more ways to add it into your diet will do you no harm and add a ton of calories. Coconut oil is an extremely healthy saturated fat, and our bodies do need saturated fat to function properly.

I add a couple spoonfuls of coconut oil into my smoothies in the morning, I cook with it (probably 4-5 spoonfuls over the course of the day) and I also eat a few spoonfuls per day. It really feels good in your body and is great for fueling workouts. Unlike other fats, it breaks down and becomes energy very quickly.

Well I've never seen a negative reaction to fruits mainly because... I've never eaten them. I eat two apples a day because it's the only fruit I actually like. I tried eating bananas and raspberries but I couldn't. The banana made me throw up and the raspberries had to be shoved down so I couldn't taste 'em.
They say satured fat is bad for you but I do know coconut oil isn't, it's merely another case of it tasting really bad to me. I don't really feel it when I use it for cooking though. I also do eat around seven eggs in the morning and some beef at night so I always assumed I would be pretty much covered in that area.

#20 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

I see. You probably wouldn't like my diet ideas then, I pretty much live off fruits, veggies, meats and coconut oil. :D

Morning:

Evening: