3 replies to this topic

#1 crumples

crumples

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Snowboarding, art, design, photography, hiking, outdoorsy stuffs

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

I know this may sound crazy, because Titanium Dioxide is supposedly inert, however I've gone through so many products and kept careful notes on what makes my skin react the most. While I do break out on occasion without makeup, it pales in comparison to the breakouts I get when I use cosmetics (particularly foundations) with a lot of TiO2 in them.

My skin becomes extremely irritated and breaks out in pimples that are inflamed and filled with pus, and they are constantly draining. They are not very cystic in nature (as I occasionally get cysts, which are a whole other animal) and they are extremely painful and itchy. Unfortunately I can't get to a derm at the moment, but I plan on going when I can.

My question is does anybody else react similarly to TiO2? More importantly though, does anyone know of any makeup that does not contain Titanium Dioxide? I want to take care of this as soon as possible. I don't much care if the suggestions are powder or liquid. I simply cannot find a foundation (that isn't translucent or a tinted moisturizer) that doesn't have TiO2 in it.

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

I know this may sound crazy, because Titanium Dioxide is supposedly inert, however I've gone through so many products and kept careful notes on what makes my skin react the most. While I do break out on occasion without makeup, it pales in comparison to the breakouts I get when I use cosmetics (particularly foundations) with a lot of TiO2 in them.

My skin becomes extremely irritated and breaks out in pimples that are inflamed and filled with pus, and they are constantly draining. They are not very cystic in nature (as I occasionally get cysts, which are a whole other animal) and they are extremely painful and itchy. Unfortunately I can't get to a derm at the moment, but I plan on going when I can.

My question is does anybody else react similarly to TiO2? More importantly though, does anyone know of any makeup that does not contain Titanium Dioxide? I want to take care of this as soon as possible. I don't much care if the suggestions are powder or liquid. I simply cannot find a foundation (that isn't translucent or a tinted moisturizer) that doesn't have TiO2 in it.

Mac's Studio Fix fluid foundation does not contain titanium dioxide. Some of their other foundation lines may be the same.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Octinoxate 2.50% Other: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lethicin, Hydrogenated Lethicin, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Laureth-7, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Edited by Green Gables, 26 August 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#3 crumples

crumples

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Snowboarding, art, design, photography, hiking, outdoorsy stuffs

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Mac's Studio Fix fluid foundation does not contain titanium dioxide. Some of their other foundation lines may be the same.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Octinoxate 2.50% Other: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lethicin, Hydrogenated Lethicin, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Laureth-7, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Thank you so much! I'll give it a try. It's such a pain in the butt since it's one of the most common ingredients in makeup.

#4 PinkCupcake88

PinkCupcake88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you are sensitive to titanium dioxide.

The Veludo Velvet Foundation from Christopher Drummond doesn't have titanium dioxide in it. It's a powder foundation. I bought a starter kit and tried the foundation, but unfortunately it just wasn't enough coverage for me and I need something with more oil control. And I prefer liquid over powder. It's still a beautiful product though. You can google "Christopher Drummond Beauty" and look at the website and check out makeup alley for reviews as well. The only bad thing is that you have to order online, which might be scary when trying to find a perfect color match, but I guess that's what starter kits are for haha.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions! I hope you find a foundation that works for your skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users