Photo

---Accutane Is Poison---

accutane is poison accutane poison hurt pain clavaris isotretinoin roaccutane

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Connor McElvain

Connor McElvain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Do not take this drug. For your health. I say the following because I care deeply for you. And want you to be happy.

poi·son
Noun: A substance that, when introduced into or absorbed by a living organism, causes death or injury, esp. one that kills by rapid action.

This drug is a poison. At any dose, your body is being injured. It dehydrates the entire body, causing very painful problems. It will weaken you to the point where your body no longer produces any skin oil (and acne). This should NOT be considered a success. You are left with a dry, creaking body, with wrinkly, inflexible skin. And stuck with problems so incredibly painful that some have killed themselves because of it. I remember when I thought of doing the same.

If you want to look and feel old, then you should take this drug. I am not exaggerating.

Get rid of acne THE HEALTHY WAY. It is not as easy as taking a pill everyday, but who the fuck cares. You won't be damaging your body and you will feel amazing. Not dry and lifeless.

A clean diet, exercise, good sleep, and sun time. This is the oldest method in history to earn a strong body with clear skin.

The amount of misinformation of this drug is not good. I am creating this thread to share the truth. I have the experience.

If you still don't believe me, and still take this drug, message me after you are done taking it. Tell me how you feel then. If you are aware of your body, I already know what the answer will be.

COMPANIES ARE ALLOWED TO LEGALLY SELL POISON TO CONSUMERS. IT IS A REALITY OF THE WORLD WE LIVE IN CURRENTLY. DO NOT BE A VICTIM.

Edited by *Connor, 24 August 2012 - 10:50 PM.

I took Accutane for almost 6 months in 2009, at a dose of 80mg per day.

#2 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

This post disgusts me.

#3 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

The dose makes the poison.

The reality is most people do not get noticeable long term side effects from accutane. I had to stop using it a month in because of potential intracranial hypertension, and still have lingering tinnitus, but I (along with the OP) are the minority. Conventionally, it is the last resort for a reason; there are definite risks. That's why you should be smart, and do a cost-benefit analysis. Steer past the absolutists of either camp. Make an informed decision. Most people don't get much other than chapped lips, dry skin, photosensitivity, and the spectrum of temporary side effects. Some get no apparent side effects. Few get noticeable lingering side effects. You get the picture - be smart!

#4 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

If you have severe acne but want to do something meaningful in life there is no other choice than accutane

#5 Connor McElvain

Connor McElvain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

This post disgusts me.

I wrote this post out of passion and love for people. To inform them about a harmful substance. If you don't dig that, leave this thread.

The dose makes the poison.

The reality is most people do not get noticeable long term side effects from accutane. I had to stop using it a month in because of potential intracranial hypertension, and still have lingering tinnitus, but I (along with the OP) are the minority. Conventionally, it is the last resort for a reason; there are definite risks. That's why you should be smart, and do a cost-benefit analysis. Steer past the absolutists of either camp. Make an informed decision. Most people don't get much other than chapped lips, dry skin, photosensitivity, and the spectrum of temporary side effects. Some get no apparent side effects. Few get noticeable lingering side effects. You get the picture - be smart!

I disagree. It is a poison at any dose. I know people as low as 5-10mg that experience the side effects hard. It depends on on genetics, weight, etc, how bad the effects are.

People rarely use it as a last resort. People hear of a pill that magically makes the acne go way and dive right into it. That's what I thought and did. A lot of unaware teenagers are using this drug. Damaging their body right before they have to leave high school and gain many responsibilities.

Accutane harms everyone physically, whether they know it or not.

It is illogical.

To have a strong body and clear skin takes work.

Our bodies are our connection to this reality!!! To poison it a bad choice. Plain and simple.

You may be okay with it. Be I sure as hell am not. I want to reach my full potential with my body and feel incredible. Most want the same. Anyone who has ever felt healthy knows the beauty of it.

If you have severe acne but want to do something meaningful in life there is no other choice than accutane

Diet, exercise, and the healing power of the sun, for one.

Edited by *Connor, 24 August 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#6 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Notice how all of the evidence you've presented so far is anecdotal. You can't draw conclusions based on your experience and apply it to everyone. Like you said, it depends on the person. It is a powerful drug and there's a reason why it comes with a booklet on side effects. Sadly, there are the few of us who don't get miraculous results, and even considering that not everyone who gets bad side effects are included in the statistics, it still clears more people than not without any apparent problem.

It would be interesting to see some long term studies though. I know of some tane depression studies where it went away for them.

But I think we can agree that people should go for diet/lifestyle changes. Sadly, I think most people find this frustrating because they are overwhelmed when they realize that food has pretty powerful direct effects on their health. Then they have to know how to sift through the information, as well as the misinformation.

Edited by tim12, 24 August 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#7 Connor McElvain

Connor McElvain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

I don't draw conclusions from just myself. I know many people in person who have taken Accutane, and on this forum to form my opinions.

But I think we can agree that people should go for diet/lifestyle changes. Sadly, I think most people find this frustrating because they are overwhelmed when they realize that food has pretty powerful direct effects on their health. Then they have to know how to sift through the information, as well as the misinformation.

Exactly! That is why I want more information on here telling them the healthy way to get rid of acne is through healthy foods. And by definition, Accutane is a poison. I think this drug is negative so I'm gonna post negatives things about it! And then explain the healthy alternatives. Posted Image

More talk of diet and less of Accutane can save many from harm.

Edited by *Connor, 25 August 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#8 lionfish

lionfish

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

I just started taking Accutane a couple of weeks ago and I have to say discussions like this are not particularly helpful. I weighed up the options and risks as best as possible and decided that on balance Accutane was my best option, now perhaps I will regret that decision in the future.... I hope not but who knows.

I notice that the anti-accutane brigade seem to blame almost every problem (health related or otherwise) in their lives on taking this drug, but never provide any evidence to back up these claims regarding side effects. While I have no doubt that some people can and do have serious reactions to any medication, I find it hard to believe that it happens as frequently as certain people on this website make out. Also, if you look over the internet there are so many websites out there with people claiming X, Y or Z drug 'ruined my life' and so on. Hence I can't help but wonder if a lot of them have hypochondria or mental health problems which they pin on whatever medication they happen to blame.

Finally I would point out that all medications/drugs are " POISON " which have the potential to do serious harm.... I mean alcohol and paracetamol (acetaminophen) are two good examples.

Perhaps I will have to swallow my words should I be one of the unlucky 1 in XXX thousand who suffers a severe reaction, but I didn't take the decision to start Accutane lightly and I don't think anyone else does either. Posts like this do not help people with moderate/severe persistent acne who feel their last hope is Accutane and who wish to use this forum as a source of help/support from others in a similar situation.

Took Roaccutane for moderate but persistent adult back & body acne.

04/2013. Completed course after 32 weeks, cumulative dosage of approx 100mg per kg. 

02/2014.  Completed second lower dose course.  

04/2014.  Acne is already returning.....

#9 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

Connor is absolutely right.
Unless this happens to you, you will not believe how damaging it is.
What I would do to have Acne instead of all my problems.

Problem is, people are fixed in their beliefs.
It may sound paranoid, or crazy, to suggest that the medical industry is corrupt, but I can assure you it's true.
Proof right?
Is it too difficult to believe that the promise of lots of cash is not an incentive to disobey the basic rules of human rights?

We can't give proof.
We are in this by ourselves for the time being.
We can't force the medical industry, or researchers, to study the effects of this drug.
All we can do is make it clear that

1) Our health dropped, dramatically, in horrible unimaginable ways, once we started taking this drug.
2) It is far better to ask WHY Acne is a problem in the first place.
3) You're body is not deficient in isotretinoin (Accutane). You do not need some man made poison.
4) It absolutely is poison. After 6+ years of being off this drug, I have not got better. In fact, those that are hit (like me and Connor) often get worse with time.

I've had to become my own doctor because of this.
The only options for people like me are:

1) Give up and kill myself, while admitting that my life was ruined by this drug
Or... 2) Accept that the World can be a cruel place. Other people have been badly affected by medicines. There will be many more.
Now, I have to do my best just to 'survive'. I can tell you, if you get these long term side effects, you will need to be damn strong to get by.
I'm talking suicidal depression, even if (like me) you were always a happy person.
I have social anxiety, sexual dysfunction (comparable to the hair-loss drug - another to be avoided - Propecia) where I can't hardly feel anything during sex/masturbation, (diagnosed after taking this drug) hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue..

Turns out, almost all long-term sufferers find they have hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue..
Why? Because this drug is absolutely horrible on the body.
Blood tests are not always an accurate way to find out what's going on.
The manufacturer of this drug, Roche (A.k.a. I'm-going-to-hell-when-I-die), claims that the mechanism of this drug is unknown.

Do a bit of research and you discover this drug was used to treat cancer.
It's a form of chemotherapy.
Why on earth would an honest industry not tell people this?
It's actually insane.
Healthy teenagers, with a skin condition (that, yes, sometimes can be severe and terrible - I've lived that, too), end up taking chemo-bloody-therapy.

There is so much unknown about this drug.
I'm sure in the years, the truth will get out.
I was filmed for a documentary earlier this year.
It'll be shown in November on BBC3 (in the UK - not sure about other countries).
The show will be un-biased and mainly focused on this drug, as well as Acne itself.

Those of you with Acne, listen up!

- I am a completely sane, self-aware individual. I'm not a crazy hypochondriac just because I can't provide studies supporting the truth of what's happened to me.
I lived with Acne. Went down the 'usual' (Western) route of seeing a Doctor, who we are led to believe are all-knowing beings, and tried different cremes, topicals and anti-biotics (as if Bacteria is the cause of Acne, haha) and within months I believe the only option is Accutane.

Let's get this clear.
Loads of people have Acne.
It's hard to say exactly why, but more people have it now than they did.
Clearly our diets and stress-packed lifestyles don't help, as well as hormones (often interfere's with by common foods like cow's milk - meant for Cow's... To help the grow big, fast) play a big part.
Thing is, you're acne won't be forever.
Typically speaking, most people have acne that does not require anything THIS harsh to heal.

But, we are so impatient, and unfortunately most people don't think hard enough about the future and consequences.
I myself, took this in 2005 and was told the side effects were really rare and only temporary.
I trusted the nurses and was too set on getting rid of my acne as soon as possible.
There are much worse things than Acne, so please believe that.
Everyone is given challenges in life - some larger than others - and you have to make good decisions.

Unless you have cystic, disfiguring acne, avoid this at all costs.
I know, I know ... So many people say that this drug worked great for their skin and they didn't get long-term effects.
It still is odd why that happens.
Until more things are discovered, I can't tell you why that is.
But I never thought this would happen to someone like me.
But it did.
I have to pinch myself to remember that this DID happen.
I'm more attentive to my health now, and am not really enjoying life.
I've had therapy, read countless self-help books and taken various health supplements, without any or much sign of improvement.
My work, relationships and entire life have been affected deeply, because severe depression is like that.

Here's a video of mine, where I talk a bit about stuff:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FuA91-7RlGU

That's all I'm saying.
I won't try to convince anyone further.
It's your life, so you must decide what to do with it.
You may be stuck in a rut, but that's just how you feel today.
Never ever give up, because help is on it's way...

#10 lionfish

lionfish

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

I read up a lot on Accutane and even watched some of your videos on you tube prior to deciding to take it.

I would agree this drug is not appropriate for teenagers with mild acne but for people with severe ache or in my situation (26, cystic, scarring body acne for the last 10 years despite trying all other medically recommended treatments) there may be no other options out there.

I have had intermittent SAD/OCD/Depression since maybe age 12/13 and a few years back I went through a period where I was absolutely convinced I had thyroid/adrenal problems and long lasting side effects from depression meds prescribed. I had a list of symptoms as long as my arm & very similar to some of yours, yet nothing seemed to help (medically speaking)....... interestingly a lot of the physical issues went away when I managed to get my MH in a better state and now when I look back at that period in my life I realise I was probably a bit psychosomatic or had some kind of somatization disorder or something.

I'm not pro big-pharma as I agree they are out to make money.... I just think that people are capable of making their own decisions and you guys already have your thread/area for talking about 'recovery' from Accutane and it would be nice if you kept it there rather than spewing all over the forum. Everyone can see the sticky and read the experiences if they so choose.

ps. if you are having problems sexually and with pathy beard growth? Have you had your hormones (testosterone) checked out? Oh and I notice your skin looks beautifully clear in your videos...

04/2013. Completed course after 32 weeks, cumulative dosage of approx 100mg per kg. 

#11 Connor McElvain

Connor McElvain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

I read up a lot on Accutane and even watched some of your videos on you tube prior to deciding to take it.

I would agree this drug is not appropriate for teenagers with mild acne but for people with severe ache or in my situation (26, cystic, scarring body acne for the last 10 years despite trying all other medically recommended treatments) there may be no other options out there.

I have had intermittent SAD/OCD/Depression since maybe age 12/13 and a few years back I went through a period where I was absolutely convinced I had thyroid/adrenal problems and long lasting side effects from depression meds prescribed. I had a list of symptoms as long as my arm & very similar to some of yours, yet nothing seemed to help (medically speaking)....... interestingly a lot of the physical issues went away when I managed to get my MH in a better state and now when I look back at that period in my life I realise I was probably a bit psychosomatic or had some kind of somatization disorder or something.

I'm not pro big-pharma as I agree they are out to make money.... I just think that people are capable of making their own decisions and you guys already have your thread/area for talking about 'recovery' from Accutane and it would be nice if you kept it there rather than spewing all over the forum. Everyone can see the sticky and read the experiences if they so choose.

ps. if you are having problems sexually and with pathy beard growth? Have you had your hormones (testosterone) checked out? Oh and I notice your skin looks beautifully clear in your videos...

You are not targeting the root of your problems by taking Accutane. The root is whatever else you are putting into your body. Your diet.

Again, by taking Accutane, you are extremely damaging your body and mind.

Most people are not capable of making a decision of using Accutane, they are not aware of the damage this drug causes because most of the information going around is hype. Misinformation.

And I will not keep the discussion in only the recovery thread. I am spreading the information around. It takes courage to do this and there is not a lot of it. I am doing this to help save others from making a bad decision and becoming a victim.

Lionfish, you simply don't have the experience.

The truth is in this thread. You can choose to believe it or not.

Accutane is poison.

Edited by *Connor, 25 August 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#12 lionfish

lionfish

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

You are not targeting the root of your problems by taking Accutane. The root is whatever else you are putting into your body. Your diet.

Again, by taking Accutane, you are extremely damaging your body and mind.

Most people are not capable of making a decision of using Accutane, they are not aware of the damage this drug causes because most of the information going around is hype. Misinformation.

And I will not keep the discussion in only the recovery thread. I am spreading the information around. It takes courage to do this and there is not a lot of it. I am doing this to help save others from making a bad decision and becoming a victim.

Lionfish, you simply don't have the experience.

The truth is in this thread. You can choose to believe it or not.

Accutane is poison.

I would be genuinely interested & grateful if you can point me towards the research/evidence showing the link between acne and diet and what diet exactly can cure acne?

The problem is what you are posting is neither informative or helpful...... you come across like an evangelical preacher and you are certainly not 'saving others' by stating your opinion as fact.

#13 Connor McElvain

Connor McElvain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

I have not said anything I post is fact. It is implied that my posts are my opinions.

I be informative and helpful as I can when I post. It is going to sound preachy, since I am repeating the same thing again and again with passion.

There is no link that I can send you that shows 100% the link between diet and acne. My knowledge comes mainly from experience.

I will say that eating fresh fruits and vegetables is a diet with a long, successful history.

Everything you put into your body affects it. Research what you eat my friend. Read about the effects.

#14 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Several points of interest and for discussion:

-What about fast food/alcohol/ as someone else has pointed out, paracetamol.

All are dangerous. But you probably consume them based on PERSONAL CHOICE and weighted decision making from UN-BIASED sources.

Perhaps your reactions are due to deficiencies in your bodies? That may have reacted with the accutane?
It's all very well saying people can control it naturally, but unfortunately people now days don't have control over every aspect of their life and well being. For example if the soil has been polluted and vegetables no longer have the same nutrients it is hardly something they can control.

I have seen several posts with people saying they got x symptom, x years down the line, with no proper cause an effect reasoning. Bad science kills real science.

At the end of the day it is a personal choice, and facts should be presented fairly so people can make up their own minds. This thread is sensationalist scare mongering. If you seriously want to help people I would post it in a more reasoned way. I am fed up of posting anti-accutane threads worded this way.
Started (Ro)Accutane :)
Month 1- 20mg
Month 2- 50mg
Month 3- 50mg

I literally do not care what you think about accutane, it was MY choice to take it, respect that.

#15 Connor McElvain

Connor McElvain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

At the end of the day it is a personal choice, and facts should be presented fairly so people can make up their own minds. This thread is sensationalist scare mongering. If you seriously want to help people I would post it in a more reasoned way. I am fed up of posting anti-accutane threads worded this way.

There are no such things as facts. Just opinions. I am giving my opinions.

This information in this thread is scary because what Accutane does is scary.

You are arguing that taking a poison is a good thing. This is illogical.

Edited by *Connor, 25 August 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#16 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

There are no such things as facts. Just opinions. I am giving my opinions.

This information in this thread is scary because what Accutane does is scary.

You are arguing that taking a poison is a good thing. This is illogical. Another word that comes to mind is masochistic.

'Scare mongering' isnt the same as 'scary'... It means to actively go out to scare people, making something scarier than it is. 'Big-ing it up' in a negative way.
Examples such as 'Do not take this drug'. With no fact attached to it. 'it is poison' with no evidence next to it.

There are 'facts' in the general sense of the word, scientific evidence mainly, but weighing up personal testimony would be fair- the problem with that is people like you who have bad experiences shout louder. You have not presented a reasoned side other than 'I had issues with the drug'. While that's unfortunate for you, you cannot say that based on that everyone will.

I feel like you have a lot of bitterness, and while it is admirable that you don't want people to make the same mistakes as you I think you are going about getting people to listen to you the wrong way.

It is also terribly patronising to say that I am not aware of my own body. Do you know me? Have we secretly met? For all you know I could be a Buddist monk living in Nepal... (Clearly I'm not, but it is not the point. I am perfectly in tune with my body, more so than many people I know for sure).

Annnnd finally, I never said taking a 'poison' as you like to don accutane a good thing, but curing my acne would be as far as I'm concerned, and an odd drink or two often help as well. As someone else has pointed out branding something 'poison' is very subjective on dosage, after all Vit A gives you the same sort of side effects at a very high dose, so I suppose that is poison too. Of course it's good for me in a small dose, a bit like accutane is for acne.
Month 1- 20mg
Month 2- 50mg
Month 3- 50mg

I literally do not care what you think about accutane, it was MY choice to take it, respect that.

#17 Connor McElvain

Connor McElvain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

I apologize for saying you don't know your body.

Sure anything is a poison in a high enough dose, but Accutane is guaranteeing a high dose. It's measured in milligrams for fuck sake.

I really don't want to waste more time arguing over this.

Taking something that dries out the body is illogical, and unhealthy. Humans are wet creatures. A pill that makes them the opposite is best not taken.

#18 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

I appreciate your apology, few people would be willing to see where they may have crossed a line.

Edited by ClearDreaming, 25 August 2012 - 05:04 PM.

Month 1- 20mg
Month 2- 50mg
Month 3- 50mg

#19 Connor McElvain

Connor McElvain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

:D

Edited by *Connor, 25 August 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#20 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

To the OP, i agree somewhat with your post as i have been on accutane several times and still have acne as well as other health issues that may or may not be accutane related (i developed some of the side effects listed). It is a drug and t does have risks so thank you for posting this.

On the other hand, people need to make the decision themselves of whether to take it or not. Some people don't ever develop serious side effects while some do - it's a toss of the dice.

For some people, despite diet changes, supplementation, and general clean living, they still have resiliant acne (i do and its been well over 8months of clean living). People get frustrated of trying different methods and having them fail and thus go on accutane.

My point it, at the end of the day, it is an individual decision and people should be made aware of the facts. So if you decide to take accutane - inform yourself and don't just listen to only good or only bad info. And while you are on it, take extra care of your body, clean up your diet and treat your body like a temple.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.