Hey there everybody,
I'm not sure if anyone's really looked at this "log," but whatever, it helps me figure out how my skin is doing....haha
So, I've changed up my skincare a little bit as of late. I'm now doing things that I would NEVER have done when I had full-blown acne...because they seemed scary. But now I realize treating your skin gently is the best way to go.
Okay, here is an update on my skincare, and the new things I added will be in green.
1.Wash face with (A LITTLE BIT OF) Paula's Choice Pore Normalizing Cleanser OR PC's Skin Balancing Cleanser
2. Put a little more cleanser on a tiny Sephora Face Complexion Brush and LIGHTLY AND GENTLY run the brush over my face in big circular motions
3. Put Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel (used to be lotion, but I accidentally ordered gel, and it's the same effect on my skin).
4. Brush my teeth to let the BHA dry a little.
5. Aveeno Skin Moisturizing Lotion
6. Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream- I use this as a foundation and apply it with a foundation brush. It has the BEST coverage and doesn't leave my face covered in zits. Woo! The only thing is that you have to put a powder over it or else it looks shiny.
7. Have Super B Complex vitamin, Vitamin D, 2 Flax capsules, and Zinc
Steps 1&2 are the same for the nighttime as they are in the AM.
3. Put Paula's Choice Daily AHA on.
4. Brush teeth.
5. COCONUT OIL- Holy crap, it's amazing.
So, I want to talk more about some of these products.
Sephora Face Complexion Brush: I started using this about 5 days ago and my skin is noticeably softer. I wanted to buy the Clarisonic Mia to get rid of the remaining blackheads I have in my cheeks and nose, but it's insanely expensive! So, I decided that I'd experiment with a manual brush and see if it had any effects. Well, I'd say that after a week of using it, I'm hooked. My skin looks MUCH calmer, my red marks are fading DRAMATICALLY, and my face is lovely and soft. The only thing is that the bristles of the brush are starting to fall out (whatever...it was 5 bucks.). This is one of the things I would have been afraid to use on my face before, but it's so great for my skin that I wish I had used it when I had worse skin.
Paula's Choice BHA Gel: I like the lotion better, but the gel has the same effect on my skin. The "lotion" is more of a liquid and doesn't leave any residue, whereas the gel leaves a bit of a sticky film. But it goes away after applying moisturizer.
Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream: This is a Korean BB Cream that has completely changed the way I put on makeup. It has beautiful, medium to heavy coverage, unlike American BB creams that are more like tinted moisturizers. I put it on with a foundation brush and I think that it's contributing to my ever-increasingly clear skin. It also has SPF...and being a really pale girl, that's awesome.
Last but not least:
COCONUT OIL: OMG this stuff makes me so happy. I put it on every part of my body and on my toast in the mornings now. It's the best nighttime moisturizer ever. I was SO afraid that putting oil on my skin was the worst mistake I could ever make, but it turned out to be a great decision. It calms my skin and makes it soft in the morning. I only use it at night on my face, and my face soaks it all up by morning. But, if you're going to use it, DO NOT BUY THE REFINED COCONUT OIL. You have to get virgin coconut oil, cold or expeller-pressed. It's solid and white and smells great like coconuts.
Edited by heitea, 04 April 2013 - 12:47 PM.