Photo

Paula's Choice, Vegetarian, And More!

paulas choice bha paulas choice aha vegetarian exercise aha alpha hydroxy acid makeup

26 replies to this topic

#21 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hey there everybody,

I'm not sure if anyone's really looked at this "log," but whatever, it helps me figure out how my skin is doing....haha

So, I've changed up my skincare a little bit as of late. I'm now doing things that I would NEVER have done when I had full-blown acne...because they seemed scary. But now I realize treating your skin gently is the best way to go.

Okay, here is an update on my skincare, and the new things I added will be in green.

AM:

1.Wash face with (A LITTLE BIT OF) Paula's Choice Pore Normalizing Cleanser OR PC's Skin Balancing Cleanser

2. Put a little more cleanser on a tiny Sephora Face Complexion Brush and LIGHTLY AND GENTLY run the brush over my face in big circular motions

3. Put Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel (used to be lotion, but I accidentally ordered gel, and it's the same effect on my skin).

4. Brush my teeth to let the BHA dry a little.

5. Aveeno Skin Moisturizing Lotion

6. Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream- I use this as a foundation and apply it with a foundation brush. It has the BEST coverage and doesn't leave my face covered in zits. Woo! The only thing is that you have to put a powder over it or else it looks shiny.

7. Have Super B Complex vitamin, Vitamin D, 2 Flax capsules, and Zinc

PM:

Steps 1&2 are the same for the nighttime as they are in the AM.

3. Put Paula's Choice Daily AHA on.

4. Brush teeth.

5. COCONUT OIL- Holy crap, it's amazing.

So, I want to talk more about some of these products.

Sephora Face Complexion Brush: I started using this about 5 days ago and my skin is noticeably softer. I wanted to buy the Clarisonic Mia to get rid of the remaining blackheads I have in my cheeks and nose, but it's insanely expensive! So, I decided that I'd experiment with a manual brush and see if it had any effects. Well, I'd say that after a week of using it, I'm hooked. My skin looks MUCH calmer, my red marks are fading DRAMATICALLY, and my face is lovely and soft. The only thing is that the bristles of the brush are starting to fall out (whatever...it was 5 bucks.). This is one of the things I would have been afraid to use on my face before, but it's so great for my skin that I wish I had used it when I had worse skin.

Paula's Choice BHA Gel: I like the lotion better, but the gel has the same effect on my skin. The "lotion" is more of a liquid and doesn't leave any residue, whereas the gel leaves a bit of a sticky film. But it goes away after applying moisturizer.

Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream: This is a Korean BB Cream that has completely changed the way I put on makeup. It has beautiful, medium to heavy coverage, unlike American BB creams that are more like tinted moisturizers. I put it on with a foundation brush and I think that it's contributing to my ever-increasingly clear skin. It also has SPF...and being a really pale girl, that's awesome.

Last but not least:

COCONUT OIL: OMG saywhat.gif this stuff makes me so happy. I put it on every part of my body and on my toast in the mornings now. It's the best nighttime moisturizer ever. I was SO afraid that putting oil on my skin was the worst mistake I could ever make, but it turned out to be a great decision. It calms my skin and makes it soft in the morning. I only use it at night on my face, and my face soaks it all up by morning. But, if you're going to use it, DO NOT BUY THE REFINED COCONUT OIL. You have to get virgin coconut oil, cold or expeller-pressed. It's solid and white and smells great like coconuts.

smile.png

Edited by heitea, 04 April 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#22 mrok3

mrok3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hi! Your skin looks amazing! I was just wondering exactly which Aveeno moisturizer you use? The last thing I'm missing in my regimen that is very similar to your is a no frills moisturizer that won't break me out and moisturizes the right amount. I've been using aloe vero gel which is pretty good but just wanted to see which one you use.

Thanks!

#23 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hi! Your skin looks amazing! I was just wondering exactly which Aveeno moisturizer you use? The last thing I'm missing in my regimen that is very similar to your is a no frills moisturizer that won't break me out and moisturizes the right amount. I've been using aloe vero gel which is pretty good but just wanted to see which one you use.

Thanks!

Hi there and thanks for commenting on my log! :D

At night, I use coconut oil on my face. But during the day, I use Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 30. It doesn't break me out and is great for keeping my face moisturized and protected from the sun! Plus, I think it has stuff in it that fades marks, but I'm not really sure about the effectiveness of that. I used to use Aloe too, but got sick of it. :)

#24 bluelagoon

bluelagoon

blue lagoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hey you seemed to suffer with what I suffer from most, the damned red marks on the face, post inflammatory erythema. Your skin looks really good, I was wondering how it is now? What exact products did you use from Paula's Choice? Interesting in purchasing something as I have been using ice to reduce these marks, although it works it's quite time consuming and I have had them for nearly a year now, yawn.... Move on already!

#25 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hi! I stopped using Paula's Choice about a year ago. Not because it stopped working, but because it got expensive for me.

If you take a look at my gallery, you'll see 3 different albums.

This one: http://www.acne.org/...s-choice-clear/ is what my skin was like using Paula's Choice products.

Here was my regimen:

AM:

Wash with PC's Normalizing Cleanser

Apply PC's 2% Liquid BHA

Moisturize with Aveeno Clear Skin Moisturizer

PM:
Wash with PC's Normalizing Cleanser

Apply PC's 5% Daily Treatment AHA-- Apply PC's 10% Weekly Treatment every Sunday

Occasionally moisturize with 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

I had good results with these products, I just couldn't afford to keep using them, unfortunately. ermm.gif
If you want to see how I'm clear now, go to this post: http://www.acne.org/...o-far-pictures/

I totally understand the red marks-- so frustrating! Mine aren't completely gone by any means, but I'm using Differin nightly (which I can't really tell if it's working...) and I'm using 35% Glycolic Acid/35% Lactic Acid Peels every week. Which are definitely helping.

#26 bluelagoon

bluelagoon

blue lagoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Thanks for that, but also I really can't see any red marks, like non  at all haha. I think you're maybe a bit like me in thinking they're horrific when everyone else either cant see them or they aren't that bad. 

#27 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

haha I guess so many years of battling really bad red marks (as you can see in the other photos) took a toll on my perception of my face. :-/

I hope you find what works for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users