oily skin moisturizer redness oily skin

1 reply to this topic

#1 grenades

grenades

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Hello everyone! I've been using Daniel's regimen for about five weeks now and have noticed huge improvements. I could seriously cry over how happy I am with my skin. The extreme irritation is no longer an issue and I am using the maximum amount of BP currently.

The problem is this - the moisturizer. I have been adding a few drops of Jojoba oil into the moisturizer and applying two full pumps to my face at night, and one during the day. The reason only one during the day? Because it takes literally hours for my skin to absorb it all. My skin remains red and oily for what seems like an eternity, and it's very embarrassing to have to go out in public with a wet, red face.

I'm afraid that using only one pump during the day is not enough, but I also don't want to have oily skin all day at school. I'm really at a loss of what to do.

In addition to this, I have been having flaky skin. Picking the skin off piece at a time is pretty futile, so I've resorted to gently rubbing a loofah over my face and hoping it rubs the dead skin off (this loofah has never been used before for anything or anyone else). I read on another thread that rubbing Jojoba oil over my face before I wash it will help to exfoliate and wanted to know if there are any opinions on this method or any alternative options I can consider.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to me.

-Rebecca

Edited by grenades, 21 August 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hi Rebecca, well first of all congratulations on the improvement of your skin overall - you must be thrilled.

Its good that your skin is finally used to the BP, but obviously if you are still getting red flushed skin, there is a little bit to go before your face fully adjusts to the regimen. It took me until the 10 week mark for my face to stop having a red flush to it, even though I had stopped getting the really red, itchy and burning sensation from using BP weeks before. But at around 10 weeks my face no longer had a red flush to it and went I went back to my normal super pale look (yuck!).

As for the oily shiny look with the moisturiser, its such a pain hey? Unlike you, I have naturally dry skin so it only took an hour before the moisturiser was fully absorbed and I stopped looking oily/shiny. If you are still getting flaky skin then its a good indication that you need to moisturise more, especially during the day. Is it possible that instead of using 1 full pump in the morning, put on half a pump and then a few hours later at school, apply a bit more and then a few hours later apply a bit more again. That way you will still be keeping your skin hydrated, but shouldnt be so shiny with applying so much moisturiser all in one hit.

My last bit of advice is for you to absolutely stop using the loofah on your face. The trick to the regimen is to be super gentle to your skin, and any type of manual exfoliation goes against that. Believe me, before following the regimen I used to be an exfoliating queen but now all I am is completely gentle. If you want to combat the flakes that you're getting, then I would strongly suggest you incorporate AHA+ into your routine a few times a week and hopefully that will provide you with some relief against the flakes.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users