Photo

How To Help Inflamation? Pics

severe acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#41 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

Espom salt.

http://www.acne.org/...1067/page1.html

http://www.acne.org/...ome-affordable/

#42 Ms18

Ms18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

I tried the epsom salt today i dabbed it on my face and left it on for 15 minutes before i took a shower. It softened up my skin thats all i have noticed so far ill keep trying it. How often should i use the epsom salts 1 once a day?

#43 andrewbleah

andrewbleah

I'm wise.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hey bro just wanted to tell you that I can feel your pain. Truly. I indeed had a little cystic acne when I started accutane after about 18 days my face exploded in nodules check my topic if I want, I was feeling really bad, now I have a lots of red marks from the initial break out, it still sucks but at least my face is smoother. Prednisone helped a lot with the inflammation, so my advice to you is be strong and ask your seem for a possible accutane course, usualy things will getworse before, much worse in my case. Take care and If I want to talk to someone feel free to pm me, cuz I feel your pain. Never give up.

#44 Ms18

Ms18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hey bro just wanted to tell you that I can feel your pain. Truly. I indeed had a little cystic acne when I started accutane after about 18 days my face exploded in nodules check my topic if I want, I was feeling really bad, now I have a lots of red marks from the initial break out, it still sucks but at least my face is smoother. Prednisone helped a lot with the inflammation, so my advice to you is be strong and ask your seem for a possible accutane course, usualy things will getworse before, much worse in my case. Take care and If I want to talk to someone feel free to pm me, cuz I feel your pain. Never give up.

I thought my face was getting better i just finished 1 month on augmentin now i've been on doxycycline for 2 days and will be for 2 months. I honestly think there is no hope for me. My face will get a little better then within 2 days its just back to huge bumps under my skin and now im getting these "Red Patches" they cover like an inch around my face and they have little white heads in them the skin is very hard if you push on it gently and they Hurt!!! i have about 4 of these across my face and now everything is just spreading and getting worse under my jaw is now covered and its moving down my neck. It just seems like nothing i do or try is going to work. I cant even sleep at night im about to quit my job my life has gone to complete shit. People who don't have acne will never understand how horrible this makes you feel, I cry every single day and just wonder when this is going to end, when can i just get 1 good night sleep without waking up in extreme pain. I can't even go on accutane even if i wanted to my derm said last time we met that i haven't failed enough options since accutane is like a last resort drug she isnt able to give it to me. I just don't know what to do anymore...
This is one of the red spots i talked about this appeared in the last 2 days..

Attached Files

Edited by Ms18, 01 September 2012 - 12:53 AM.

#45 andrewbleah

andrewbleah

I'm wise.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

I thought my face was getting better i just finished 1 month on augmentin now i've been on doxycycline for 2 days and will be for 2 months. I honestly think there is no hope for me. My face will get a little better then within 2 days its just back to huge bumps under my skin and now im getting these "Red Patches" they cover like an inch around my face and they have little white heads in them the skin is very hard if you push on it gently and they Hurt!!! i have about 4 of these across my face and now everything is just spreading and getting worse under my jaw is now covered and its moving down my neck. It just seems like nothing i do or try is going to work. I cant even sleep at night im about to quit my job my life has gone to complete shit. People who don't have acne will never understand how horrible this makes you feel, I cry every single day and just wonder when this is going to end, when can i just get 1 good night sleep without waking up in extreme pain. I can't even go on accutane even if i wanted to my derm said last time we met that i haven't failed enough options since accutane is like a last resort drug she isnt able to give it to me. I just don't know what to do anymore...
This is one of the red spots i talked about this appeared in the last 2 days..

I've been on Augumentin + Prednisone and it helped a lot!!!
They say acne affects 85% of people , but when u look around you see none, that's because there is hope for everyone , and they have trated their acne , and so will YOU!Your time will come,don't lose hope.

#46 ijustwantmylifeback123

ijustwantmylifeback123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

I feel for u mate I've been in that emotional situation I'm 18 year old male to I had the worst breakout of my life 3 months ago still dealing with it . It took that much of an impact I cried everyday wondering when will it be over :( fucking acne made me quit my job to ! even tried overdosing a few times just wanting it to be over ! what makes it harder is were 18 we should be out partying living a care free life but no acne puts a stop to that ! I rele hope things get better for u mate it looks rele painfull , but it does get better it's a long and horrible process and there's light at the end of the tunnel there's got to be hang in there bro :)

#47 ocean27

ocean27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hi Ms18,

I am so so sorry that you are going through this.
I was in a very similar situation around 4 years ago and I would wake up every morning in pain too, just like you described.
It saddens me to see so many people pressuring you to take accutane even though you mentioned at least three times that this was not an option.
I also completely agree with your concerns regarding it's side effects which of course shouldn't be taken lightly.

You mentioned that you were taking doxycycline - how have you found it so far?
I've tried minocycline in the past and it helped (it took a few weeks to kick in).

As for topicals, have you tried an aspirin mask? You crush an aspirin pill or two into a tiny amount of water - it'll look like a thick paste. Try applying this onto you skin and let it dry (roughly 20-30min). You can do this 1-2 times a week and many members on this website have found it really helpful.

I would also highly recommend aloe vera gel (one with no preservatives) that you can apply instead of moisturiser. My cousin consistenly used it every morning and night after cleansing and his acne cleared up. It will take weeks/months to see results but it was defintely worth it for him.

Keep sticking with what the derm has prescribed for now and if you don't see results in a few months time, I would go for a second opinion with a different derm.

Hugs x

#48 jujuchon

jujuchon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

you use the epsom salt mask once daily preferably at night before you sleep. My acne bumps went away but I do have those red patches like yours all over my face. I have recently switched on doing a oatmeal mask nightly instead of epsom salt since my pimples are almost gone and now I have to deal with the redness. but i suggest to continue using epsom salt to dry out your pimples right now and maybe also calamine lotion too to help the itch. (the calamine lotion will make your face pretty dry so use it once a week if you do decide to try it)

http://www.acne.org/...nother-problem/

this is a link to my recent blog just wanted to show you that your not alone =]

#49 Ms18

Ms18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

you use the epsom salt mask once daily preferably at night before you sleep. My acne bumps went away but I do have those red patches like yours all over my face. I have recently switched on doing a oatmeal mask nightly instead of epsom salt since my pimples are almost gone and now I have to deal with the redness. but i suggest to continue using epsom salt to dry out your pimples right now and maybe also calamine lotion too to help the itch. (the calamine lotion will make your face pretty dry so use it once a week if you do decide to try it)

this is a link to my recent blog just wanted to show you that your not alone Posted Image

okay ive been doing it every night after i wash my face. Ive done it 3 times so far and no noticable improvements i still wake up in pain i cant even turn my head because im breaking out on my neck now and they hurt like hell you can see little bumps all under my neck forming this is a disaster

#50 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

this is a link to my recent blog just wanted to show you that your not alone Posted Image

okay ive been doing it every night after i wash my face. Ive done it 3 times so far and no noticable improvements i still wake up in pain i cant even turn my head because im breaking out on my neck now and they hurt like hell you can see little bumps all under my neck forming this is a disaster

Just leave your skin alone your irritatin it more by adding more products or trying natural remedies. Just stick to the regimen your doctor gave you. You have to be patient and at least give it 3-4 months to notice improvements . I'm telling you this because I have cystic acne as well and its painful yes but just let it heal and don't touch your skin . I know it's hard and it's hindering your sleep but honest be gentle with your skin. Adding Epsom salt and all this stuff your just making matters worse . I went insane trying all these crazy ideas people were throwin at me and made my face worse now I've decide to leave it alone because it's to painful to even touch or try anything.
So just hang in there . You are not alone

Just leave your skin alone your irritatin it more by adding more products or trying natural remedies. Just stick to the regimen your doctor gave you. You have to be patient and at least give it 3-4 months to notice improvements . I'm telling you this because I have cystic acne as well and its painful yes but just let it heal and don't touch your skin . I know it's hard and it's hindering your sleep but honest be gentle with your skin. Adding Epsom salt and all this stuff your just making matters worse . I went insane trying all these crazy ideas people were throwin at me and made my face worse now I've decide to leave it alone because it's to painful to even touch or try anything.

#51 Ms18

Ms18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

My derm didn't get me a regimen she basically told me that there's nothing more she can do she has exhausted everything on me. I tried just washing and i swear to you nothing works on my face nothing. My face just gets super bad then it will start to get better for about 2 days and it just does a 180 and it fucking horrible the next day good thing halloween is coming up i wont even need a mask at this rate i swear my face is so hideous its disgusting and painful. so i should stop the epsom salts???? everyone tells me 1000 different things i don't know what to do.

#52 jujuchon

jujuchon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

Well you can try leaving your face alone for a couple days and start using Epsom salt again. I'm really sorry to hear that it hasn't worked on you yet but it really helped with my painful cystic acne within two days. Try not to use anything for like three days and then only use Epsom salt at night again make sure your using two table spoon of the salt and one table spoon with hot water make it dissolve a lot before putting on. Do not pick your face do not wash with hot water never and another thing you can do is get a face cloth and wet it with ice water and putbit on your face this feels good but it only helps temporary pain but it can still alleviate the pain for a little while even though its temporary.

Edited by jujuchon, 02 September 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#53 Ms18

Ms18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Well you can try leaving your face alone for a couple days and start using Epsom salt again. I'm really sorry to hear that it hasn't worked on you yet but it really helped with my painful cystic acne within two days. Try not to use anything for like three days and then only use Epsom salt at night again make sure your using two table spoon of the salt and one table spoon with hot water make it dissolve a lot before putting on. Do not pick your face do not wash with hot water never and another thing you can do is get a face cloth and wet it with ice water and putbit on your face this feels good but it only helps temporary pain but it can still alleviate the pain for a little while even though its temporary.

I haven't been using anything on my face just washing very gently barely touching my face. I never wash with hot water I use warm water and I've tried Iceing my face it just makes the pain worse once you take the ice off. What really bothers me right now is behind my jaw by my ear, under my jaw and below my right eye it's hurts so bad just a breeze from a fan makes it hurt.

#54 a.p.

a.p.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Aww I've been there only mine was worse. You should try a relaxing Epsom salt bath. Soak in the Epsom salt bath for 20-30 mins. Soak a soft wash cloth in the bath water and drape it over your face. Repeat when the wash cloth cools. Also try an anti inflammatory hydrocortisone cream.

#55 jujuchon

jujuchon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hmm how's your diet? I stopped eating cow milk, deep fried foods, soda and sugars for about three weeks now. I know that helped o make me break out less and it made me feel lighter since eating healthy. Have you thought about drinking apple cider vinegar? I haven't tried it yet but I read some good reviews on it so I'm going to buy a bottle later to drink some in the morning. Oo the Epsom salt bath feels amazing I usually put more then two cups but that's up to you it will help you relax and while your in there splash some in your face. I really hope that you can find something that can help with your pain because I felt the same way too before. You should try looking under the reviews for home remedies and see if you can find something that can be more helpful

Just hang in there I'll keep researching stuff too to give you some help good luck

#56 Ms18

Ms18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I stopped drinking milk and soda all together for about 3 weeks now. Ive been trying to watch what I eat I try not to eat dairy products and things with a lot of sugar in them. I've even lost 10 pounds because everything I go to eat has "bad" stuff in it I swear everything has freaking cheese in it do sometimes I just don't eat this isnt good for me because I only weigh 135 pounds as it is well I used to... I have tried apple cider vinegar bad idea I couldn't keep it down I threw up 30 minutes later I only drank a tiny bit, I also heard its very bad for your stomach to.

#57 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

maybe keep switching derms?

Its so weird how most people i see with bad acne are all skinny. Have you heard about insulin resistance?

#58 Jamiefaith2

Jamiefaith2

Im in it, to win it!!!!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

I dont know what ur diet is like, i had pretty painful acne, for years, i stopped drinking milk, stopped eating cheese and yogert, and within weeks my face was clear...i still have some hyperpigmentation that is healing and i get a pimple here and there, but the days of my face covered in huge painful pimples r gone, give it a try for at least a few weeks and see if u see a difference, i also think wheat products do the same thing for some people, if its not dairy fir u try eliminating wheat! Milk had so many hormones we dont need that it poisons our bodys and our bodies eliminate it thru r skin, milk also causes inflamitory in our bodies, please try it, i think completely eliminating dairy could help u, at least try it, i hope it helps, like i said, within a couple of weeks my face was completely smooth and clear. My acne wasnt quite as severe as urs so urs may take a couple weeks longer to clear but please try it :)

#59 Ms18

Ms18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

maybe keep switching derms?

Its so weird how most people i see with bad acne are all skinny. Have you heard about insulin resistance?

I havent heard of that what is it?

I dont know what ur diet is like, i had pretty painful acne, for years, i stopped drinking milk, stopped eating cheese and yogert, and within weeks my face was clear...i still have some hyperpigmentation that is healing and i get a pimple here and there, but the days of my face covered in huge painful pimples r gone, give it a try for at least a few weeks and see if u see a difference, i also think wheat products do the same thing for some people, if its not dairy fir u try eliminating wheat! Milk had so many hormones we dont need that it poisons our bodys and our bodies eliminate it thru r skin, milk also causes inflamitory in our bodies, please try it, i think completely eliminating dairy could help u, at least try it, i hope it helps, like i said, within a couple of weeks my face was completely smooth and clear. My acne wasnt quite as severe as urs so urs may take a couple weeks longer to clear but please try it Posted Image

i haven't had milk in probably a month i never used to drink milk as it is im going to keep on it though, i think i have bigger problems though my face doesn't just have a few cysts i have huge red marks that get puffy and have some heads in them it looks like a really deep infection, my cheeks are puffy i look like i have a mouth full of food sometimes its so bad.

#60 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

I dont know what ur diet is like, i had pretty painful acne, for years, i stopped drinking milk, stopped eating cheese and yogert, and within weeks my face was clear...i still have some hyperpigmentation that is healing and i get a pimple here and there, but the days of my face covered in huge painful pimples r gone, give it a try for at least a few weeks and see if u see a difference, i also think wheat products do the same thing for some people, if its not dairy fir u try eliminating wheat! Milk had so many hormones we dont need that it poisons our bodys and our bodies eliminate it thru r skin, milk also causes inflamitory in our bodies, please try it, i think completely eliminating dairy could help u, at least try it, i hope it helps, like i said, within a couple of weeks my face was completely smooth and clear. My acne wasnt quite as severe as urs so urs may take a couple weeks longer to clear but please try it Posted Image

i agree with this. When i eat dairy products (milkshakes, chocolate etc) i break out all over my back.