Photo

Please Help Me With My Scars Pih! Pics Included

pih scars advice redness icepick makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 GinMagpie

GinMagpie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hi everyone!

I would really appreciate some advice on what to do about my HIP and scarring. I've had it now for over 8 months and although it seems to occasional improve it just never seems to budge. I have 4 small icepick scars which I'm not massively concerned about, it's the redness that I hate so much.

I'm quite stressed about it as it just looks so bloody awful. I do think that I have over irritated it with BP, topical antibiotics in these months but then I get scared that my face will get really, really, bad if I stop.

I would love some advice on reducing the colour(espeically as I'm going to Spain soon---sunscreen advice?)

Also, has anyone else had this? How long does it take to go away? Any theories on peels, lasers etc?

I need to do something about this as I just feel I can't be intimate with anyone when I look like this. I'm 26

Picture 003.jpg without makeup direct light

Picture 004.jpg with makeup direct light

#2 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

i dont think your skin looks bad at all - actually it looks pretty darn good. anyway the red marks can take 6 months to a year to go away but in the meantime make sure you are using spf every single day and if your really concerned with them get an IPL (intense pulsed light) and it should take most of that redness away. you could also try using hydroquinone or i have heard that clinique dark spot corrector works too. good luck!

#3 the uphill battle

the uphill battle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

I would kill for your skin!

#4 ILoveKitty12

ILoveKitty12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

Your skin is beautiful! I know it may be hard for you to see that now, but I used to have scarring like yours until my acne progressed and now I have severe HIP. It won't take long to fade, just focus on keeping the acne away!! The last thing you want is to bombard your skin with tons of scar treatments and get acne again and be left with worse scars! Just wear some sunscreen everyday. Your skin looks close to flawless with makeup so that's lucky!!

#5 vipinpr

vipinpr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

As per my experience your Acne Scars are not that prominent! You can live with them :)).

But as a personal advice Try Tamanu oil for 6- 9 weeks. These red marks will definitely go what to talk about the scars themselves.

I have tried it and got good results from scars which were more ugly than these.Check more details.

http://tinyurl.com/9dloweo

#6 NoLimits

NoLimits

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Just put some vitamin E or regular cream on them and they should fade away without you even noticing =)

You look beautiful though =D

#7 Supbro93

Supbro93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

I have the similiar thing, and it has faded alot, so no worries it will fade for you too ;) When for some reason you get warm, does the redness on your cheeks get much worse?

#8 wrongtiming

wrongtiming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

honestly, they look like freckles. you shouldn't be worrying about this at ALL.

#9 jaydeec

jaydeec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

I agree with what someone else said I would Kill to have skin like yours. You should try Honey and Tumeric masks. I've heard lots of good things about Tumeric . It's anti inflammatory, antibacterial, and exfoliates.

#10 pendulumswings

pendulumswings

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

that isnt too bad tbh. just keep exfoliating and as time goes they will keep fading.

#11 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

With that beautiful eyes of yours, people won't notice your scars ^^;; Anyways, your skin is very smooth and clear.

#12 DanTheMan123

DanTheMan123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

wow your skin looks flawless in the make up picture, that inspires me to try make up lol. But your marks are very very mild and do almost look like freckles. They'll go away in no time