Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Ok I've been on the regimen and it's worked amazingly i've been on it for almost 5 months but just recently i've noticed some tiny blackheads on my forehead. I work do damn hard to have little tiny blackheads ruining my day. PLEASE somebody help, I am literally almost in tears over this, i can't believe it. If anyone knows any remedies for blackheads please comment! I am really, really frustrated right now.

PS. My skin does flake a lot and i'm wondering if this is a dead skin problem and I need to exfoliate more?

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

#2 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Hey Wonderful Strawberry... First I want to say is stop obsessing!!! Blackheads are quite minor compared to cystic acne and other forms of acne... What do you use to exfoliate? According to Dan, AHA is a great chemical exfoliator while using DKR. Blackheads can be an issue while on DKR, however, I found that letting them naturally take their course is the best "treatment" for blackheads... I always had a problem w/blackheads around my forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks, so I know how frustrating they can be, but you may have noticed that the frequency and depth of the blackheads have reduced since beginning DKR... I can remember this one clogged pore on my cheek that I CONSTANTLY had a blackhead that wouldn't go away, no matter how many times I extracted it.... (and bruised my skin in the process) It wasn't until I was about 6 months or so into DKR that I noticed that the pore shrank and the blackhead was no longer there... :) I would really encourage you to leave them alone and if you must, try extracting them after a warm shower... Just GENTLY squeeze the blackhead, if they come out great, if they aren't budging, LEAVE THEM ALONE!!! Eventually they will loosen and come out on their own... I would say to try this about every two weeks or so and with continued use of DKR you will notice less and less blackheads and a clearer complexion. Good luck and let us know how you're progressing...
DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120
DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70
Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+
During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides
Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics
Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.
Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

#3 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hey Wonderful Strawberry... First I want to say is stop obsessing!!! Blackheads are quite minor compared to cystic acne and other forms of acne... What do you use to exfoliate? According to Dan, AHA is a great chemical exfoliator while using DKR. Blackheads can be an issue while on DKR, however, I found that letting them naturally take their course is the best "treatment" for blackheads... I always had a problem w/blackheads around my forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks, so I know how frustrating they can be, but you may have noticed that the frequency and depth of the blackheads have reduced since beginning DKR... I can remember this one clogged pore on my cheek that I CONSTANTLY had a blackhead that wouldn't go away, no matter how many times I extracted it.... (and bruised my skin in the process) It wasn't until I was about 6 months or so into DKR that I noticed that the pore shrank and the blackhead was no longer there... Posted Image I would really encourage you to leave them alone and if you must, try extracting them after a warm shower... Just GENTLY squeeze the blackhead, if they come out great, if they aren't budging, LEAVE THEM ALONE!!! Eventually they will loosen and come out on their own... I would say to try this about every two weeks or so and with continued use of DKR you will notice less and less blackheads and a clearer complexion. Good luck and let us know how you're progressing...

thanks for the advice, from past experience I know NEVER to attempt popping a blackhead... All I can do is leave them alone for now. As for exfoliating, I actually don't exfoliate my skin. I try to exfoliate with a wash cloth sometimes, not sure if that's working. The blackheads are very, very, very tiny and hardly noticeable. I know it's not fair to complain about something so minor when people suffer from much worse. Thanks again!

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

#4 rush25

rush25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:beauty junkie

Achievements

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ugh. Blackheads. I know how you feel. I only get them on my nose, and whenever I notice one, I find myself staring at it multiple times a day in different lighting and different mirrors.

Based on the research I've done (which is by no means excessively thorough), the most effective treatment for blackheads is salicylic acid (aka BHA). I use Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (or the CLEAR BHA from Paula's Choice - same thing). I only use it on my nose where I'm prone to blackheads. It's been working really well for me, although it's definitely not an immediate thing. It's very gentle and does not irritate my skin at all.

I don't know of any similar salicylic acid products -- I wish I could find one at the drugstore.

Also, I think Dan's AHA has been helping a bit with blackheads.
be so happy with the way you are | be so happy that you made it this far

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users