- Infertility (not able to get pregnant) because of not ovulating. In fact, PCOS is the most common cause of female infertility.
- Infrequent, absent, and/or irregular menstrual periods
- Hirsutism — increased hair growth on the face, chest, stomach, back, thumbs, or toes
- Cysts on the ovaries
- Acne, oily skin, or dandruff
- Weight gain or obesity, usually with extra weight around the waist
- Male-pattern baldness or thinning hair
- Patches of skin on the neck, arms, breasts, or thighs that are thick and dark brown or black
- Pelvic pain
- Anxiety or depression
- Sleep apnea — when breathing stops for short periods of time while asleep
i havent been checked for anything else. but i know you dont need all the symptoms to have it.
my concern is, ive been on diane 35 for 2 years (other pills about 4-5 years).
but i still have horrible acne. this is like the strongest bcp and its suppose to be a treatment, Im really concerned about how i might be off the pill -_-
like im legit scared to ever go off the pill.
im also scared about weight gain
does anyone else have pcos experiences ? as someone who is average weight, did you end up gaining weight or found out when you were already overweight. what about acne, what am i suppose to do if my acne wont go away and im already on the bcp? is there any hope for woman going natural and gettin rid of all the pcos symptoms?
kinda upset right now because i had a feeling i might have it. and some sites also mention woman with pcos also tend to have premature babies, and i was a premature baby so i assume my mum has pcos (she never had acne but could have had the other symptoms)
so far nothing has helped my acne, diet, exericise, lifestlye, sleep, destressing, everything. just spiro which i dont want to rely on, my future is not looking great :/
any help or tips?