panoxyl 2.5% 10% quinoderm united kingdom britain

3 replies to this topic

#1 mERKOdn

mERKOdn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

I've been using Pan Oxyl 2.5% for over two years and love it. Obviously, it's stopped being made now and the only thing that's available in my chemist is Pan Oxyl 10%. A few people have mentioned using the 10% in small amounts with moisturiser might be OK. Do you combine the two? Or is it that you put moisturiser on first and then the gel, or the other way round?

I'm not really considering Quinoderm Cream unless that would be a better alternative. Pan Oxyl took a long time for my skin to get used to and I'd really prefer to use the same make to help contain any reaction that might occur. I've also read that Oxy on the Spot is similar but I've never had any success with high street spot treatments.

So my main question is, although it's not necessarily scientific/ accurate, is it possible to dilute the strength of the 10% by using moisturiser?

I've suffered from acne since I was about 13 and I've finally got it under control at the ripe old age of 27. I really can't stand the thought of another breakout..

Thanks so much!

#2 robertzombie

robertzombie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

When I use the 2.5% aquagel I put moisturiser on afterwards, about ten minutes later. I've never mixed the two together.

Hope that helps.

Edited by robertzombie, 22 August 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#3 JakeUK

JakeUK

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hey,

So I made this move about 6 weeks ago. So far im very happy with the move.

In regards to moisturising, I wash my face, allow to dry and then apply a small amount of PA 10%. Give that 5 mins to set in. Once dry I apply a generous amount of moisturiser, paying extra attention to around the mouth and under the eyes where the skin moves the most. Ive never had to reply moisturiser during the day but the key is to keep that skin moisturised, so if you need to apply more throughout the day, don't hold back.

I haven't tried Quinoderm but im so happy with 10% now, hopefully I won't need to change again.

Best of luck :)

#4 matt2013

matt2013

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

I've been using Pan Oxyl 2.5% for over two years and love it. Obviously, it's stopped being made now and the only thing that's available in my chemist is Pan Oxyl 10%. A few people have mentioned using the 10% in small amounts with moisturiser might be OK. Do you combine the two? Or is it that you put moisturiser on first and then the gel, or the other way round?

I'm not really considering Quinoderm Cream unless that would be a better alternative. Pan Oxyl took a long time for my skin to get used to and I'd really prefer to use the same make to help contain any reaction that might occur. I've also read that Oxy on the Spot is similar but I've never had any success with high street spot treatments.

So my main question is, although it's not necessarily scientific/ accurate, is it possible to dilute the strength of the 10% by using moisturiser?

I've suffered from acne since I was about 13 and I've finally got it under control at the ripe old age of 27. I really can't stand the thought of another breakout..

Thanks so much!

Hi, what're you using now that the whole range of panoxyl has been discontinued? Do you think if we got a massive petition to happen then they'd reconsider manufacturing it because like you it was the only thing that really helped clear up my skin and keep in under control :/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users