Photo

Antibiotics And Yeast/fungal/fungi Infections?

antibiotics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 SaulRod

SaulRod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you guys have gotten yeast/fungi infections in your body due to the antibiotics. I get like little irritating looking bump with little white stuff all over my back, shoulders, chest, and even legs. I have gotten it before and the doctor gave me some pills for it and it went away but it keeps coming back every month or so. Do any of you guys have any suggestions of something that it might help? By the way i'm on Doxyxycline 100mgs twice a day. Please let me know :(

#2 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Yeah! I have plenty of times in the past. It is called candidiasis. My derm would put me on Diflucan and a topical ointment so put on like 3 times a day. I can't remember the name of it though. It didnt work well. You can start taking acidophilus so help out with it though.

#3 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you guys have gotten yeast/fungi infections in your body due to the antibiotics. I get like little irritating looking bump with little white stuff all over my back, shoulders, chest, and even legs. I have gotten it before and the doctor gave me some pills for it and it went away but it keeps coming back every month or so. Do any of you guys have any suggestions of something that it might help? By the way i'm on Doxyxycline 100mgs twice a day. Please let me know :(

Go pick yourself up some candex supplements. They have changed my skin

#4 SaulRod

SaulRod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for the quick reply..

@BeaufulDisaster- Where can I get acidophilus?

@Murph89 Where do I get cardex supplements and what are they for?

Yeah! I have plenty of times in the past. It is called candidiasis. My derm would put me on Diflucan and a topical ointment so put on like 3 times a day. I can't remember the name of it though. It didnt work well. You can start taking acidophilus so help out with it though.

@BeaufulDisaster- Where can I get acidophilus?

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you guys have gotten yeast/fungi infections in your body due to the antibiotics. I get like little irritating looking bump with little white stuff all over my back, shoulders, chest, and even legs. I have gotten it before and the doctor gave me some pills for it and it went away but it keeps coming back every month or so. Do any of you guys have any suggestions of something that it might help? By the way i'm on Doxyxycline 100mgs twice a day. Please let me know Posted Image

Go pick yourself up some candex supplements. They have changed my skin

@Murph89 Where do I get cardex supplements and what are they for?

#5 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

You can get it at walgreens cvs target walmart.
http://www.walmart.c...aplets/11997237

#6 SaulRod

SaulRod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

You can get it at walgreens cvs target walmart.
http://www.walmart.c...aplets/11997237

Thank you for your help.. :)

#7 Songyxoxo

Songyxoxo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Try eating yogurt every morning to replenish the bacteria in your digestion system killed by the medicine

Yeast infections are cause by a lack of good bacteria which yogurt can replenish

Source: i was just on doxyxycline
Face Regimen:
Morning:
Clinique acne solutions cleanser (salicylic acid)
Clinique acne solutions step 2 clarifying lotion (toner)
Clean and clear persa gel (BP) on bad days or weekends and inova 4% BP pads on normal days
Clinique even better clinical dark spot corrector
Aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer spf 30

Night (after shower normally):
Clinique acne solutions cleanser (salicylic acid) (in shower at night)
Clindamycin phosphate topical pledgets
Differin gel 0.3%
Clinique even better clinical dark spot corrector

Every day: sea salt water toner treatment before shower

#8 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Candex can be found online or at stores like GNC, vitamin shop, etc. it is a natural enzyme that digests fungal cell walls. My acne was caused by candida/fungus and ive been taking these pills for a week and my skin is the best it's been in 6 months :D

Edited by Murph89, 18 August 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#9 SaulRod

SaulRod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yea Ima

Try eating yogurt every morning to replenish the bacteria in your digestion system killed by the medicine

Yeast infections are cause by a lack of good bacteria which yogurt can replenish

Source: i was just on doxyxycline

Yea Ima do that too..thanks

I wen t and purchased the pro-biotic acidophiles, hopefully it works. I coudn't find the candex supplements. They told me that they never heard of them??

Candex can be found online or at stores like GNC, vitamin shop, etc. it is a natural enzyme that digests fungal cell walls. My acne was caused by candida/fungus and ive been taking these pills for a week and my skin is the best it's been in 6 months Posted Image

Oh ok ima go look for it tomorrow. I'm glad it has work so good for you :) The doctor use to give me some pills to take for a week or so and they had to do me a blood test every time. .so annoying.. I' hoping this helps and I wont need to go get those pills. Thanks :)

#10 SimonUKOX

SimonUKOX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

I think i'm having the same problem, I've started getting these spots like the ones you describe a couple of times a week since taking antibiotics. I've attempted to take probiotics but they don't seem to be stalling it.

#11 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Candex contains fiber-digesting enzymes. This is what the company claims:

Because the cell wall of candida (and all other fungal organisms) is made mostly of fiber, fiber digesting enzymes can break it down. As this occurs, the yeast dies -- and with no die off reaction. While candida and other yeasts can develop an immunity to anti-fungal drugs and herbs, it has no defense against enzymes

Ingredients:
Vegetarian Cellulase 128,000 CU ** Vegetarian Hemicellulase 80,000 HCU ** Vegetarian Amylase 8000 SKB ** Vegetarian Invertase 2000 SU ** Vegetarian Glucoamylase 400 AG **

Haven't tried it myself. When I was on antibiotics and had recurring yeast infections, I had great success with a high-potency probiotic pill once a day. I still take probiotics for good digestion and health. I use Ultimate Flora Critical Care which has 50 billion cultures and 10 different strains of probiotics.

Probiotic foods play an important role in controlling the re-growth of excessive yeast following elimination. Bowden explains how the "law of the jungle" exists within the intestines, with dominant microbes suppressing the growth of others that compete for the same food source. Introducing a wide array of good bacteria can actively suppress the re-development of any unwanted yeasts such as candida. Live yogurts, probiotic foods such as real sauerkraut and probiotic capsules all help to repopulate the intestines for this purpose.

Other herbs can help kill yeast.

Several plants and herbs provide reliable results in assisting the elimination of yeast. Pau D'arco, oil of oregano, grapeseed extract and goldenseal root are all favorites for this purpose. Health shops offer all of these supplements in capsule form, though many will have tinctures available as well. Standardized extracts appear to be the most reliable form of these items.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#12 SaulRod

SaulRod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

I think i'm having the same problem, I've started getting these spots like the ones you describe a couple of times a week since taking antibiotics. I've attempted to take probiotics but they don't seem to be stalling it.

Hey I went to the doctor and got some antifungal pills that I took for 7 days and now my yeast/fungi is gone. I'm also taking candex for yeast. I'll keep you updated if the candex control the yeast.

Candex contains fiber-digesting enzymes. This is what the company claims:

Because the cell wall of candida (and all other fungal organisms) is made mostly of fiber, fiber digesting enzymes can break it down. As this occurs, the yeast dies -- and with no die off reaction. While candida and other yeasts can develop an immunity to anti-fungal drugs and herbs, it has no defense against enzymes

Ingredients:
Vegetarian Cellulase 128,000 CU ** Vegetarian Hemicellulase 80,000 HCU ** Vegetarian Amylase 8000 SKB ** Vegetarian Invertase 2000 SU ** Vegetarian Glucoamylase 400 AG **

Haven't tried it myself. When I was on antibiotics and had recurring yeast infections, I had great success with a high-potency probiotic pill once a day. I still take probiotics for good digestion and health. I use Ultimate Flora Critical Care which has 50 billion cultures and 10 different strains of probiotics.

Probiotic foods play an important role in controlling the re-growth of excessive yeast following elimination. Bowden explains how the "law of the jungle" exists within the intestines, with dominant microbes suppressing the growth of others that compete for the same food source. Introducing a wide array of good bacteria can actively suppress the re-development of any unwanted yeasts such as candida. Live yogurts, probiotic foods such as real sauerkraut and probiotic capsules all help to repopulate the intestines for this purpose.

Other herbs can help kill yeast.

Several plants and herbs provide reliable results in assisting the elimination of yeast. Pau D'arco, oil of oregano, grapeseed extract and goldenseal root are all favorites for this purpose. Health shops offer all of these supplements in capsule form, though many will have tinctures available as well. Standardized extracts appear to be the most reliable form of these items.

I bought the acidophilus pills instead but i'm thinking of buying the one you recommend, I heard good things about it. Did it control your yeast/fungi while you were on the antibiotics?

#13 Clearwaters

Clearwaters

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

What causes an overgrowth of yeast/fungi, and how can it be distinguished from acne caused by other factors?

#14 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

I bought the acidophilus pills instead but i'm thinking of buying the one you recommend, I heard good things about it. Did it control your yeast/fungi while you were on the antibiotics?

Yes, I switched to Ultimate Flora because Acidophilus alone wasn't doing anything. In hindsight I now know why that was: an ideal gut is supposed to contain close to a trillion cultures and 100 different strains. Taking at typical probiotic which only has 1-2 billion cultures and a couple strains simply won't undo the damage of antibiotics. Ultimate Flora contains 10 different strains and 50 billion cultures per capsule.

What causes an overgrowth of yeast/fungi, and how can it be distinguished from acne caused by other factors?

The most common cause unfortunately is antibiotics. Antibiotics kill ALL bacteria, so they completely wipe your gut of all the good gut flora. Those gut flora don't magically reappear. You have to take probiotics to get those good bacteria back.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

#15 Clearwaters

Clearwaters

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Could it also be due to an under-performing immune system if someone is not on antibiotics, allowing bad bacteria to proliferate? What does fungal acne look like vs regular acne?

Does garlic have the same effect on killing good bacteria given it has reported (mild) broad spectrum antibiotic properties?

#16 SaulRod

SaulRod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Could it also be due to an under-performing immune system if someone is not on antibiotics, allowing bad bacteria to proliferate? What does fungal acne look like vs regular acne?

Does garlic have the same effect on killing good bacteria given it has reported (mild) broad spectrum antibiotic properties?

Yea I heard that some people are just prompt to yeast/fingi but in most cases is due to the antibiotics killing the good bacteria. In my case i been taking different antibiotics for many years so i finally started getting fungi/yeast. What i notice is that the fungi/yeast bumps look like acne but small bumps with white stuff that can be irritating. The bumps are smaller and actually take a while to go away. It also scalps easily when you try to pop it. Trust me you can notice the difference from regular acne to a fungi/yeast acne. Hope this helps.

#17 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

There have been some studies showing that an "underperforming" immune system can begin in infancy. If you were formula-fed or your mother did not have a healthy gut. A baby is not born with gut flora. It is passed via the mother's breastmilk. Formula does not contain gut flora, and if the mother has her own flora deficiencies, this will affect the quality of the breastmilk. This would describe many mothers and babies in the Westernized world today.

Gut health can also decrease over time. If you do not consume fermented foods and the right types of fiber for the good bacteria to feed on, they will die off even if you never touch an antibiotic. Hello Westernized diet which is mostly sugar and fat, not fermented foods or raw vegetables which contain all the good bacteria.

I would ventury to say that most people in America go through at least 7 courses of antibiotics in a lifetime, and acne sufferers go through more. Most never replenish their gut flora after the antibiotic.

Edited by Green Gables, 03 September 2012 - 09:39 PM.

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

#18 SimonUKOX

SimonUKOX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Yea I heard that some people are just prompt to yeast/fingi but in most cases is due to the antibiotics killing the good bacteria. In my case i been taking different antibiotics for many years so i finally started getting fungi/yeast. What i notice is that the fungi/yeast bumps look like acne but small bumps with white stuff that can be irritating. The bumps are smaller and actually take a while to go away. It also scalps easily when you try to pop it. Trust me you can notice the difference from regular acne to a fungi/yeast acne. Hope this helps.

Sorry, just read you actually responded to my post. Thanks! I have an appointment tomorrow morning, hopefully I'll get the same thing. So annoying I take one pill to get rid of the acne before for it only to create new horrible red things!

Edited by heyhey5566, 04 September 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#19 SaulRod

SaulRod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Sorry, just read you actually responded to my post. Thanks! I have an appointment tomorrow morning, hopefully I'll get the same thing. So annoying I take one pill to get rid of the acne before for it only to create new horrible red things!

I knoe exactly how you feel. Im hoping differin clears me up so i can get of the antibiotic for good. Or else ima look into accutane I do not want to take antibiotics anymore, they only bring me more problems and they don't even clear me up. Well good luck :)