Photo

Sonrisafingida's Accutane Journey

accutane 17 years old female aha alpha hydroxy acid red mark depression

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#41 sonrisafingida

sonrisafingida

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hi hun keep your head up things will get better I'm sure. You still on 20mg? Are you on any birth control And are you still using the istrox cream ???

Hey! yes still on 20mg and no i'm not on any BC, i've never been on it. I stopped using Isotrexin and i'm using Metrocreme now (it is for facial redness and inflamation) and my face is better since then.
I hope so:)!!

I know the feeling about hating the red spots!! I have them too, but the first step to real clearing is having everything smoother with fewer active pimples. Your skin is definitely improving!!!! It is a little red (mine too) but I can tell its flattening out. Also, I don't think your blackheads are bad at all! Also, it's too early to tell if the red spots will be true scars. If they stay flat (and not pitted), they may just be PIH and fade totally away with time. That's what I'm counting on, so don't be discouraged! Posted Image
I'm glad you are feeling better too. Being sick is NO FUN.
Take care!

Hey Celia! they are scars because they look like scars hahah but i really want them faded. and about balckheads they are so but so visible and that's what i don't like haha i have periods of time when blackheads are everywhere and sometimes only a few.only improvement it's something i don't see hahaha maybe it's just me because i see my face everyday on the mirror.
Take care!

I know the feeling about hating the red spots!! I have them too, but the first step to real clearing is having everything smoother with fewer active pimples. Your skin is definitely improving!!!! It is a little red (mine too) but I can tell its flattening out. Also, I don't think your blackheads are bad at all! Also, it's too early to tell if the red spots will be true scars. If they stay flat (and not pitted), they may just be PIH and fade totally away with time. That's what I'm counting on, so don't be discouraged! Posted Image
I'm glad you are feeling better too. Being sick is NO FUN.
Take care!

+1

Of course your skin doesn't look the way you'd like with all the red spots, but I also notice HUGE improvement since your last pictures.

Hold on girl, I really believe the worst is being you and that there's nothing but improvement ahead.

i hope my derm will see an improvement too at the next appointment haha

It definitely is looking much better, much less active and flatter... It is horrible when the spots go but you are still left with red spots looking like they are there but they WILL go!! My acne was horrible and noduley/cysty like yours (see my log!) but now I'm left with NO scars. You're on your way! Posted Image x x x

yeah i have almost no actives only some nodules which don't want to go off of my face :L :L hope i'll have the same result like you Posted Image

i have been following your log, and i have to say, i think your skin has made such a great improvement!!! it looks so much smoother! And i know it seems like those red marks wont go away..but they will..i truly think you're on your way to beautiful skin..congrats!! u look great!

i hope they will go away but i know it will take so much time:(

My Sotret Journey -blog
My Sotret Journey -forum

started 26 July 2012

First Month 20mg/day
Second Month 20mg/day
Third Month 20mg/day
Fourth Month 20mg/day
Fifth Month 20mg/day
Sixth Month 20mg/day

Seventh Month 20mg/day
Eighth Month 20mg/day

Ninth Month 20mg/day

Tenth Month 20mg/day

Eleventh Month 20mg/day

Twelfth Month 20mg/day

finished 31.07.2013

morning:
-cleaning my face with the cleansing milk for sensitive skin Bioderma then with SebaMed Cleansing Bar.
-Skinoren
-one pill of Sotret 10mg

evening:

-cleaning my face with the cleansing milk for sensitive skin Bioderma then with SebaMed Cleansing Bar.
-Isotrexin/Metrocreme(from the middle of the third month)
​-one pill of Sotret 10mg

#42 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hey is 20mg/day part of your cumulative dose? I was also on 20mg/day for around three months and it calmed my acne down, and lessened my initial breakout. My derm put me on the dose to prevent a horrible initial breakout and more scarring.

Also if your whole treatment is on 20mg/day, it could be related to your weight and there was someone who had success with 20mg/day (there would be others, just can't say that I've read all the logs on here). By that I just mean don't compare your dose to a 70-80kg person.

Good luck with your course, and your acne looks calmer.

#43 sonrisafingida

sonrisafingida

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hey is 20mg/day part of your cumulative dose? I was also on 20mg/day for around three months and it calmed my acne down, and lessened my initial breakout. My derm put me on the dose to prevent a horrible initial breakout and more scarring.

Also if your whole treatment is on 20mg/day, it could be related to your weight and there was someone who had success with 20mg/day (there would be others, just can't say that I've read all the logs on here). By that I just mean don't compare your dose to a 70-80kg person.

Good luck with your course, and your acne looks calmer.

i'm and i'll be on 20mg/day all the treatment and yeah maybe it's because of my weight too. firstly i didn't want to accept why i have to take only 20mg/day. but now i'm ok with this hahah

My Sotret Journey -blog
My Sotret Journey -forum

started 26 July 2012

First Month 20mg/day
Second Month 20mg/day
Third Month 20mg/day
Fourth Month 20mg/day
Fifth Month 20mg/day
Sixth Month 20mg/day

Seventh Month 20mg/day
Eighth Month 20mg/day

Ninth Month 20mg/day

Tenth Month 20mg/day

Eleventh Month 20mg/day

Twelfth Month 20mg/day

finished 31.07.2013

morning:
-Skinoren
-one pill of Sotret 10mg

evening:

#44 sonrisafingida

sonrisafingida

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Day 123 ( Day 3 Month 5)

How are you guys? I started my 5th month of Sotret 20mg/day. almost 1/2 of my journey.
my skin didn't improve. i mean new nodules appeared on my face:( 1 biiig on my left cheek, one on the right cheek , one on my neck!!! never before i had acne there!! and now i feel another one on the right cheek but above jawline ( you'll be able to see on the photos below)

they hurt sometimes when i accidentally touch them Posted Image i really want the gone and to have a clear face
3 weeks more and i'll have the christmas holiday *o*

TODAY's PHOTOS

Posted Image
LEFT CHEEK

Posted Image
RIGHT CHEEK

Posted Image
FOREHEAD

Posted Image
NOSE

Posted Image
CHIN

Month 4: http://www.acne.org/...-day-1-month-4/
Month 3: http://www.acne.org/...-day-1-month-3/
Month 2: http://www.acne.org/...-day-1-month-2/

My Sotret Journey -blog
My Sotret Journey -forum

started 26 July 2012

First Month 20mg/day
Second Month 20mg/day
Third Month 20mg/day
Fourth Month 20mg/day
Fifth Month 20mg/day
Sixth Month 20mg/day

Seventh Month 20mg/day
Eighth Month 20mg/day

Ninth Month 20mg/day

Tenth Month 20mg/day

Eleventh Month 20mg/day

Twelfth Month 20mg/day

finished 31.07.2013

morning:
-Skinoren
-one pill of Sotret 10mg

evening:

#45 tommyc38

tommyc38

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hey! I just read your whole experience thus far and must say that you are one tough cookie! I know how hard it is right now and it just seems like a vicious battle that you can't win but I promise you that you will win it! Your skin is looking better and I genuinely feel like if you just tough it out a bit longer you will have one month where your acne completely clears up! Also, I remember my last course was really hard too. It seemed like my face was CONSTANTLY breaking out so I canned it thinking that it no longer worked for me and within a month of stopping all my acne was gone along and within two months all of the red marks were gone too. I couldn't believe it. My skin plumped out as I thought I was going to have definite scarring but they all pretty much went away and yours will too...I promise! Looking back now I do wish I would have toughed it out another couple of months. Anyways, you hang in there because I KNOW your face will fully recover from this disease and you will have great skin...it just doesn't happen when we want it too.

#46 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

I'm not a dr obviously but I really think your dose needs to be raised. Do you have the option of showing your progress pics to another dermatologist for another opinion?

#47 tezza198

tezza198

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

I agree, I started off on 20mg which was great but then it was increased to 20mg one day and 40mg the next, still isn't that high but I could feel it working a lot better when it was increased...

I would defiantly talk to your derm about increasing the dosage absolutely.

#48 sonrisafingida

sonrisafingida

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Day 150 (Day 30 Month 5)

Hello guys! How much the site has changed since the last time i've been here.
Today i'm finishing my fifth month of this journey.
don't know what to say.
I'm on 20mg/day so until now i took only 3000mg
On my left cheek i have a new active friend -.- and still a lot of nodules on both cheeks :(

sooo my face still looks horrible and i have some days when i just wanna cry because of my skin. it so unfair :(

Today's photos ( it's winter and it is not so much bright light outside and i hate taking pictures of my face with flash so the photos are not so clear like before)

Right cheek - sun light

Posted Image

Right cheek
Posted Image

Left cheek
Posted Image

Left cheek - sun light
Posted Image

Nose

Posted Image

Forehead
Posted Image

Chin
Posted Image

Happy new year to all of you!

My Sotret Journey -blog
My Sotret Journey -forum

started 26 July 2012

First Month 20mg/day
Second Month 20mg/day
Third Month 20mg/day
Fourth Month 20mg/day
Fifth Month 20mg/day
Sixth Month 20mg/day

Seventh Month 20mg/day
Eighth Month 20mg/day

Ninth Month 20mg/day

Tenth Month 20mg/day

Eleventh Month 20mg/day

Twelfth Month 20mg/day

finished 31.07.2013

morning:
-Skinoren
-one pill of Sotret 10mg

evening:

#49 Alexandr

Alexandr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

U very,very beautiful good luck

#50 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

good luck with your treatment! Fortuntately, you do not seem to be prone to scarring!

#51 Nishant Nirala

Nishant Nirala

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hello , I am just a new user to this awesome website.

I saw your photos and i can see you had really bad acne but the best thing i saw was you were always smiling and thats the spirit , don't loose it ever . I dont know how you are right now  , I hope you are doing great.

I wanted to say that acne is caused due to internal body factors more in comparison to physical factors. Usually caused due to heat increse in body , eating disorders like intake of more junk food , oily foods etc. So instead treating it from outside i mean to say applying some sort of creams on acne which don't usually works well , try to solve it internally , maintain a balanced healthy diet , exercise is must and drink lots of water. And go for medicines which cure you internally and also go for bloodpurification medicines and tonics they actually helps.

I belong to India , i can give you one more advise don't know it is in beautiful Romania or not - Ayurvedic Medicines they actually cure marks.

Edited by Nishant Nirala, 23 January 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#52 brightling

brightling

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hey Sonrisa.  Thank you for sharing your journey with us all (saw your headshots in the beginning btw, and acne or not you are freaking gorgeous!).  Anyways, your skin is looking better, but you're still getting cysts?  I get this kind of acne too---:(  I've also done accutane on 20mgs but it came back after i quit the course early so i've had to start it again. 

Anyways, my doctor once told me that even if you're on a low dose course you just have to stay on it longer to get the same effect of a full dose course, so is that what your doctor is doing?  Or is it just your weight that keeps you at 20mgs?  I read somewhere in here that you weigh around 46kgs?  Unless you're like 5'2 and under that's actually underweight (if we go by BMI).  The only reason i point it out is because i'm usually underweight or close to it (i am a girl btw) but i can tell you from experience that being underweight can make your acne SO MUCH worse!  The more underweight you are the more chance it's causing hormonal problems.  Plus, being underweight also means that none of this stuff that people (and even your doctor sometimes) are telling you about nutrition and how to eat etc counts for you, because being underweight means you are no longer part of the majority.  Your body needs a certain amount of protein and fat to stay fully functional and if you're perpetually underweight and not getting enough of either your skin will ALWAYS be the first thing to suffer.  Seriously, you can take all the vitamins in the world and it still will not make up for this because your body actually needs fat and protein to absorb and process those vitamins.  It also diverts all of its energy and attention towards protecting your internal organs if you're perpetually underweight--and while that probably sounds super dramatic, you don't have to be dangerously underweight for this to happen (even normal looking people can be starving on the inside).  Sometimes it's hard to tell how well you're actually eating--especially if you're constantly afraid to eat stuff for fear of acne, so consider whether your diet is too restrictive.  You need good fats like olive oil, avacado, almounds and stuff like that to heal and fight infection.  Don't avoid nuts unless you actually know they inflame you because nuts are REALLY good for your skin.

Eating more protein and fat might not even make you gain weight depending on what you're eating (i didn't).  I found it helpful to keep a food diary at caloriecount dot com because it's got this huge database which alows you to track your nutrient intake so you can see if you're getting enough protein and fat--it even tracks vitamin a and c.  It also takes into account how much you're exercising.  Doing this makes a HUGE difference in my skin--it's like the difference between every frigging clogged pore becoming an inflamed cystic mess and a regular zit. I mean i'm still getting zits cause i only started accutane a week or two ago (currently in an annoyng ib phase) but they're not those really painful nodular kind that fill up with tons of pus.

Also, if you're not getting enough sun try taking some vitamin D.  Vitamin D is technically a prohormone (that's a good thing) and it's also really good for your immune system. Taking some magnesium and calcium along with it also keeps your muscles and bones from feeling all achy and old  (trust me, you will notice a difference when you exercise).  Im not a huge fan of supplements but these are the ones that are good to take on accutane.

#53 sonrisafingida

sonrisafingida

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

DAY 186 ( DAY 6 MONTH 7 )

heeeey guys! how are you? smile.png
I swallowed 371 pills until now hahahaa so 3710mg.
my face still do not look good sad.png
2 new nodeules on my neck!!!! GOD! i've never had there... i just hateeeeeeeeeeeee them
i just wanna finnish this journey and have a clear face and i want it now! please??! smile.png

lately i felt very stressed i don't know why, maybe is the school, and i ate less than usual and "usually" i don't eat verrrrrryy much hahahah. it is not good, is it?
 i don't know why my journey goes so slow... my cousin started a montuh after me and i think he will finish the tratment the next month because his face is just wow! he had only a few red marks but no acne. and the same with another friend.

what don't i do well?

@brightling hey! thank you for writing me. i don't know, i think i'm the only who cannot see any improvement. i find my face more and more horrible sad.png

yeah my derm. said that he won't raise my dose because i have 46 kg and the max. dose is 0.5 mg/kg. ok i accept it but i will not quit the tratment until i reach the cumulative dose and my face looks good.

a dermatologist said to me to not eat milk,chocolate,nuts, seed,peanuts,chips, oily things and something more... and i did not drink milk for a year and now i cannot drink anymore because my brais is something like this: if you drink milk you will have acne hahaha, horrible! and sometimes i do not know what i should eat sad.png

about the sun... it's 'winter' and it just rains and sometimes it's snowing so no sun... i really don't want more pills. maybe eating more fruits?

Photos

8441239058_0ccc006842_b.jpg
Left Cheek and the nodules on my neck

8440147327_da73ff6269_b.jpg
nose, chin, cheeks

8440147331_4f7aeb9687_b.jpg
right cheek

Edited by sonrisafingida, 03 February 2013 - 11:22 AM.

My Sotret Journey -blog
My Sotret Journey -forum

started 26 July 2012

First Month 20mg/day
Second Month 20mg/day
Third Month 20mg/day
Fourth Month 20mg/day
Fifth Month 20mg/day
Sixth Month 20mg/day

Seventh Month 20mg/day
Eighth Month 20mg/day

Ninth Month 20mg/day

Tenth Month 20mg/day

Eleventh Month 20mg/day

Twelfth Month 20mg/day

finished 31.07.2013

morning:
-Skinoren
-one pill of Sotret 10mg

evening:

#54 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

Your cheeks are like mine. I feel your pain. So frustrating... good luck.

#55 brightling

brightling

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

No your skin looks so much better.  Almost no inflammation except for those painful nodules. The redness takes a long time to go away--but did i read it right that you're using the topical form of accutane as well? That's crazy!  I can't imagine it's good to use harsh topicals right now when you're healing--but then again, you seem to be healing fine so your skin is obviously not like mine...  The nodules on your neck might be related to hormonal issues, as acne in that area is said to be caused by hormones.  Do you usually get acne there?  Or are you just breaking out in completely random places?  Accutane can sometimes break you out in the weirdest places; I had a couple of zits crop up on my wrist a couple weeks ago! I didn't even know arm acne was possible.

As for eating more fruits, you can't get protein from fruits and an adequate dose of vitamin d can only be gotten from the sun, but if you don't want to take any pills i don't blame you.  I swear by eating more protein and fat--though i guess only if you're underweight and actually need it--because my skin has been looking the best it has in YEARS since i started eating better and i'm only just nearing the end of my first month on accutane.  I guess it could be the accutane though. Lol. It probably is. But still...I remember when i was on accutane last year my skin did not look nearly as good as this and I definitely didn't see improvment this fast--in fact my skin looked awful and i remember crying every day about it, but i'd been doing that in the months before going on accutane too. I had been having breakouts very similar to yours, so i guess if it makes you feel any better this breakout you had would probably have happened even without the accutane.  Anyways, just hang in there cause it looks like the bad phase is basically over.

#56 sonrisafingida

sonrisafingida

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

DAY 200 (Day 20 Month 7)

so here i am:) 200 days down. and not clear yet. :(

this week i'm going to see the derm. again. i'lltell you what he told me.

about my face.... how you can see is soooo dry and i really don't know what to use in the evening hahha

one night i use the moisturizer and the next night again and then something for the redness but then the isotrexin gel. but then i have to use a lot of moisturizer again.

the nodule of my neck is goinggg yuhuuu and the ones of my face cannot be felt like before and i'm so happy because of this 

but the redness makes my life awful hahaha :( :(

i don't know if it is from accutane or not but i forget things :\ and i cannot focus at school and i haven't problems like these before

and i'm so so bipolar haha i'm calm but then someone say something and i'm something like ^&%*^^(%&^%* i'm yelling and i get mad very quickly .

anyways i hope everything will be ok and i cannot wait to look nice again

8483332282_72d89a0496_b.jpg
LEFT CHEEK

8483332238_90958c4541_b.jpg
RIGHT CHEEK

8482240551_d2f15c45a3_b.jpg
day 199 photo 

No your skin looks so much better.  Almost no inflammation except for those painful nodules. The redness takes a long time to go away--but did i read it right that you're using the topical form of accutane as well? That's crazy!  I can't imagine it's good to use harsh topicals right now when you're healing--but then again, you seem to be healing fine so your skin is obviously not like mine...  The nodules on your neck might be related to hormonal issues, as acne in that area is said to be caused by hormones.  Do you usually get acne there?  Or are you just breaking out in completely random places?  Accutane can sometimes break you out in the weirdest places; I had a couple of zits crop up on my wrist a couple weeks ago! I didn't even know arm acne was possible.

As for eating more fruits, you can't get protein from fruits and an adequate dose of vitamin d can only be gotten from the sun, but if you don't want to take any pills i don't blame you.  I swear by eating more protein and fat--though i guess only if you're underweight and actually need it--because my skin has been looking the best it has in YEARS since i started eating better and i'm only just nearing the end of my first month on accutane.  I guess it could be the accutane though. Lol. It probably is. But still...I remember when i was on accutane last year my skin did not look nearly as good as this and I definitely didn't see improvment this fast--in fact my skin looked awful and i remember crying every day about it, but i'd been doing that in the months before going on accutane too. I had been having breakouts very similar to yours, so i guess if it makes you feel any better this breakout you had would probably have happened even without the accutane.  Anyways, just hang in there cause it looks like the bad phase is basically over.

yeah i had a nodule on the earlobe and i was wtf?! haha

the truth is that i don't eat very much :\ and i know it's not ok because of the accutane i should eat more and more protein and fat how you said 

and i know that all the acne would have come out even without the accutane but maybe not all at once. but maybe it's better in this way because i will be acne freeeeeee ( trying to be optimist haha)

My Sotret Journey -blog
My Sotret Journey -forum

started 26 July 2012

First Month 20mg/day
Second Month 20mg/day
Third Month 20mg/day
Fourth Month 20mg/day
Fifth Month 20mg/day
Sixth Month 20mg/day

Seventh Month 20mg/day
Eighth Month 20mg/day

Ninth Month 20mg/day

Tenth Month 20mg/day

Eleventh Month 20mg/day

Twelfth Month 20mg/day

finished 31.07.2013

morning:
-Skinoren
-one pill of Sotret 10mg

evening:

#57 Pigwidgeon

Pigwidgeon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hi!  I just wanted to say that you are INCREDIBLY gorgeous, even with the acne.  You look like a model.  Don't let stupid accutane get you down.  It DOES work, eventually.

MONTH 1: CLARAVIS 60 MG

MONTH 2: CLARAVIS 60 MG

#58 sonrisafingida

sonrisafingida

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

Hello! How are you?smile.png

Finnaly i had time to take some photos of my skin and to upload them here.

To anyone who is starting the accutane journey now, take photos of your face/body at least one time/week. you will be amazed by the changes of your skin.

you see your face everyday in the mirror and you don't see the improvement, i know because i don't see it hahaha even if others say it's better and better.

and i was looking at my photos from the first or second month of accutane and i was O M G.( you can see them on the past entries. and you will be OMG too hahaha)

can't believe that my face looked so bad sad.png i know that at that time it's how it had to look but anyways...

my face is not perfect yet but i hope.

summer it's almost here and it's soooo so hot outside. i started to use sun protector with 50SPF and to drink a lot of water again. it reminds me of the first days with accutane i don't know why hahaha

Have a good day!

Right Cheek

8752737861_0c739d6312_b.jpg"

Left Cheek

8753863468_f0a330d4a0_b.jpg

My Sotret Journey -blog
My Sotret Journey -forum

started 26 July 2012

First Month 20mg/day
Second Month 20mg/day
Third Month 20mg/day
Fourth Month 20mg/day
Fifth Month 20mg/day
Sixth Month 20mg/day

Seventh Month 20mg/day
Eighth Month 20mg/day

Ninth Month 20mg/day

Tenth Month 20mg/day

Eleventh Month 20mg/day

Twelfth Month 20mg/day

finished 31.07.2013

morning:
-Skinoren
-one pill of Sotret 10mg

evening:

#59 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

you are gorgeous! I hate that you are not seeing results though. 20mg does seem low I'm on 40 and I feel like it's too low. but maybe if you are on it longer you will see results it will just take more time. good luck! either way you are lucky even if u don't have the best skin I would love to be as pretty as you :)

#60 nellyleyva92

nellyleyva92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Sonrisafingida, how are you doing?! cheer.gif