Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Connor Cliche

Anything In The Works For A Spot Treatment?

9 posts in this topic

I've been a user of Acne.org's products, resources, and information for about three years now. Never been clearer! I've been fine-tuning my personal regimen to tailor it to my specific needs, all while keeping Dan's universal regimen as a base. It has worked flawlessly.

However, even though some of us are 99-100% clear, there still are a few problematic pimples that squeeze themselves in every once in a while. I've been using Clean & Clear and Neutrogena's Spot Treatments for just under a year (it takes me roughly 6 months to finish one little tube, since you don't often need much at all). They don't really do much at all... or so I haven't noticed?

I remember Dan talking about a possible spot treatment that was salicylic-acid based. Is there anything currently in the works? Or is there anything Dan himself can/does recommend for spot treatment? I have used Polysporin in the past, but it's comedogenic and clogs pores, which kind of worries me that it's doing more harm than not.

Thanks a lot Acne.org! I really appreciate your help, yet again.

Connor.

I don't use the regimen or the acne.org products but I do remember hearing that the acne.org AHA can be used as a spot treatment. You can check out a video of Dan showing how it's used as a spot treatment

I don't know if there are any others in the works or not though.

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

I really love Dan's AHA+ even though I don't use the regimen :P

yinyang.gifStephanie
AM & PM
Cleanse with Clean & Clear Sensitive Foaming Facial Cleanser
Moisturize with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer

Tone with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
*EVERY OTHER NIGHT: Raw Manuka Honey Face Mask overnight

Never felt happier with my skin! amused.gif

Ah, I already use AHA+ religiously! I have the 16 oZ bottle. It lasts me a while. It's a lifesaver but I don't think it fairs out well as a spot treatmen! Thank you so much though, guys!

My esthetician used to tell me to spot treat by putting a dab of BP on, let it dry, and then apply sulfur on the top. That worked when I used BP.

Now I just use AHA, and it seems to work as a spot treatment. The normal application should be a thin coat. Try dabbing it on a bit thicker a couple times a day and see how that works on your spots.

No regimen is one-size-fits-all. You are unique and so is your skin.

AM

Black soap - Lumiplexion Salicylic Acid ~ Lumiplexion SPF 30 ~ Lumiplexion moisturizer

PM

Black soap ~ Lumiplexion Glycolic Acid 12% (3-4x week) ~ Lumiplexion Hydroquinone 1-2x week

Lumiplexion enzyme mask / sulfur mask / moisturizing mask 1-2 week as needed

If you live in Canada, try neostrata's oil free smoothing lotion. It's 10percent AHA. Works very well as a spot treatment for me!

I use aztec indian healing clay mix it with a bit of apple cider vinegar. Works very good for spot treatments, it will dry out the pimple after 2 application