No replies to this topic

#1 KillAkne

KillAkne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hello Acne.org,
I suffer from acne like almost the rest of the board. I have done a lot of studies around the topic and tried many things to overcome my acne with little or no succes. I have tried juicing, green diets, creams/lotions and perhaps all of the natural remedies and face masks... The other day I read something about Omega -3 and Omega -6 and the ratio. It caught my attention and after thinking it over my ratio have been f**ked up pretty much my entire life. I get way too much Omega 6 compared to Omega 3, and what I'm trying to do the next couple of weeks is to reverse and to balance the ratio.. It frustrates a lot of people that eating healthy vegetables, drinking lots of water etc. doesn't improve their acne.. But they need to take a look at their overall diet instead of isolating one particular food. Example: Everybody loves avocado, but what most people don't realize is that the fat in avocados contains way more omega 6 than omega 3. The ratio is 15:1 which is extreme.

My diet:

Meal 1: 250 ml. Plain yogurt, 25 grams of Walnuts, 1 tpsp of flaxoil, 2 tpsp of flaxseeds, 2 tpsp of cacao powder, 2 fish oil capsules

Meal 2: Iceberg salad, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, 50 grams of chicken, olive oil

Meal 3: Juice time: Beets, carrots, lemon, cucumber, apple, ginger

Meal 4: 50 grams of Salmon, 1 baked potato, small salad

Meal 5: 250 ml. Plain yogurt, 25 grams of Walnuts, 1 tpsp of flaxoil, 2 tpsp of flaxseeds, 2 tpsp of cacao powder

Before bed: Cups of green tea..

I'm no expert in diet or nutrion all I know is that with this diet I'm getting more Omega 3 than Omega 6. I have cut out complex carbs like rice, bread and pasta. My system needs a break as I normally consume large portions of it. No dairy, except for yogurt which has other benefits and of course no processed foods that will spike insulin. I'm going to give this diet a shot and hopefully my acne will disappear.

This is how I look now. I will update every week.

It has been worse than this! My lifestyle has always been very healthy with lots of exercising, bodybuilding etc..

Let's see what Omega -3 is capable of! I will be updating with pictures every week! Stay tuned! Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• Start.JPG
  • Start (2).JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users