Photo

Liver flush, is all the pre-stuff necessary?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
112 replies to this topic

#101 nevermind

nevermind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(OzPower @ Oct 10 2004, 12:14 PM)
i seem to think i'm the only one on acne.org who'd chose quality.

View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHA. lets see what you say at age 70+ when some pills can help ease what ails ya.

Go to any senior citz home and ask them if they would rather be dead.. my feeling is the overwealming (sp?) majority would say no.

#102 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Oct 10 2004, 05:55 PM)
Tracy:  eusa_dance.gif

View Post

LOL!

#103 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:40 AM

Deja....I didn't articulate myself well.....my close friend actually DID get off of Paxil, after several unsuccessful tries. It was a nightmare for her.

#104 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

I can relate. Thank God she is free of it now.

eusa_clap.gif

#105 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:00 PM

Depression drugs are a joke. But I still blame the patients who choose to take them; the drug companies are simply supplying demand.

#106 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:10 PM

You blame a 12 year old girl who was put on powerful drugs instead of being offered talk therapy?

I didn't know anything else. Once I got old enough to make decisions for myself, I chose to get off the drug. But I was 12 when they put me on it. THEY told me I needed it. I made the mistake of trusting them.

#107 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:26 PM

Yup.....the drug companies make the drugs, and the doctors don't even seem to understand the horrific side effects. Most of the time, they up the dosage when it's obvious the person on the drug is being driven mad. Then, when they commit suicide or kill someone, well, they were just wacko nuts. Dr. Glenmullen and Dr. Ann Blake Tracy have both written excellent books about what the drugs do, and how they effect the body.

Sadly, most doctors aren't even educated about such matters. To make matters worse, it was very obvious in clinical trials that there were major problems with SSRI's because people had to be given anti-anxiety medication in order to continue the trials. That information was suppressed from the public. Both Dr. Glenmullen and Dr. Tracy have that information in their books, but who knew that? Nobody, that's who.

SSRIs cause cortisol to spike heavily in the bloodstream, and that in turn causes extreme aggression and a chemically induced akathesia, which means that people who take an SSRI have a nervous system on extreme overload. It's a potentially dangerous situation because people are being chemically induced to be extremely violent. Again....doctors don't seem to understand that when patients begin to talk about suicidal ideation (and they weren't suicidal BEFORE going on the drug), it's because the drug is causing it. Most times, the doctors just increase the dosage.

It's a tragedy, actually. So many lawsuits have been filed against SSRI makers it's not funny. And how many people have killed themselves or others because of this drug.....unbelievable. And the public have just been guinea pigs.

#108 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE(nevermind @ Oct 11 2004, 01:33 PM)
HAHAHAHAHAHA. lets see what you say at age 70+ when some pills can help ease what ails ya.

Go to any senior citz home and ask them if they would rather be dead.. my feeling is the overwealming (sp?) majority would say no.

View Post

I'm fully aware drugs can prolong life and ease pain.

Maybe if they looked after themselves earlier on in life they wouldn't even be in a nursing home.

Quality vs quantity.

#109 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Oct 12 2004, 09:00 AM)
Depression drugs are a joke. But I still blame the patients who choose to take them; the drug companies are simply supplying demand.

View Post

Yes

People who are depressed, suffering anxiety, agraphobia etc need help. Their doctos tell them they will improve if they take SSRI' , so they do. However getting someone else to treat your problems leads to your own ignorance so in a sense yes the patients are to blame.

Yes they are supplying demand.

#110 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:23 AM

i'm a teacher in a junior high, ben, and i see so many of my students being treated for adhd (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). to be treated for this disorder they are given drugs which are basically speed. many of them are given these drugs because their parents and doctors are too lazy to try to deal with their NORMAL 12-15 year old hyperactivity in any way other than medication. i also see students on anti-depressants.

these children have absolutely no say about what medications they take. i'm sure that some of them need the medication...but i'm also sure that some of them don't...and it may have serious consequences for them.

usually i agree with what you are saying, ben, but sometimes you take it a bit far.

#111 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:39 PM

My point was that I critisize those who choose meds over just being depressed for 3 months of life. I have nothing against kids with problems (though I often do wonder why ADD et al. is such a recently diagnosed issue).

#112 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:16 AM

yeah, i think many adults choose to take anti-depressants for normal, temporary depression. and i also think that drug companies are just supplying the demand. they are businesses just like any other business and it would be unfair to blame them for trying to make a profit.

#113 truestones

truestones

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:40 PM

I e-mailed the lab on that link, and they told me the lab report had been altered!
Go ahead and e-mail them!

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Oct 4 2004, 03:49 PM)
BBB:  Here is a link:  http://www.angelheal...nePictures.html

View Post