accutane multivitamin vitamin vitamin a vitamin d vitamin e

2 replies to this topic

#1 deathcabforacne

deathcabforacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

As anyone on Accutane who still wants to take a multivitamin during their course knows, multis without vitamin A are hard to find. I've spent quite a bit of time researching to try to find one besides the ebA Multivitamin, which I feel is overpriced - especially with shipping costs.

I got lucky today while at Walgreens, and randomly picked up a multivitamin that was geared towards eye health - the kicker is it doesn't have any vitamin A. I was definitely surprised and happy about this discovery and wanted to share it with you guys in case this hasn't already been posted somewhere on these boards. The multi is:

Alcon ICaps Multivitamin Eye Vitamin & Mineral Support

Just Google the name and it can lead you to purchasing/info online, or you can get it from a Walgreens which is where I got it from.

#2 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

wait, I know accutane is just a huge overdose of Vitamin A, but what about other pills? Is it safe to take Vitamin C, ZInc, and Omega fish oil pills while on Accutane?

#3 deathcabforacne

deathcabforacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

From what I've been told and have researched, taking other vitamins such as vitamin C, zinc, fish oil, etc. is just fine, and some claim may even be beneficial during treatment. One thing to look out for with the fish oil is to make sure it's not cod liver oil, as that contains high levels of vitamin A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users