Photo

I Came Across This And Thought You Guys Might Like It (Eye Reading)

eyes health iridology health conditions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

http://www.betterhea...Iridologist.htm

I have the "stress rings" and leaky gut lines strongly in both my eyes. This stuff really makes sense!

#2 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Pretty strange. So your eye color and textures/patterns can actually say something about your health?

#3 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

I really believe that they can. I started getting into this iridology stuff awhile ago when I noticed my eyes getting lighter and changing color when I was fasting a lot and eating mostly raw (from darker brown to a lighter honey brown with some green). I had my eyes read by someone who was studying iridology at the time (someone I didn't really know) and it was crazy how they identified some of my health problems without even knowing them.

Then when I started eating not so raw, not so healthy again, (tons of beans) my eyes went back to their original darker shade. This kind of bummed me out so I started looking to change my diet again. Last week I decided to stop eating beans for awhile and go on a gut healing/paleo path again, so I started getting into watching my eyes to see improvements.

#4 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

That's really interesting! Do you think there's an eye/acne connection then?

#5 FSAS

FSAS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

i had my eyes read not long ago and what she got from it was that i was zinc and magnesium deficient and something about parasites or something. i didnt eat sugar for about 2 months and took a lot of herbs and some other thing to 'kill the parasites' but i didnt even have any symptons of detoxing so stopped after the 4th month coz it was too expensive.
last night i looked up one of the charts (and a pfd file of what certain eyes look like an their issues).
What I got from the chart myself was that i was stressed and had issues with my lymphatic system ... of course i related all i could to my acne.
but i have an identical twin (as identical as it gets) yet she has none of the issues I have (i also have great fatigue etc) she also certainly does not have acne and ive been suffering for a few years now.
she also can eat whatever she wants (will drink half a L of milk whilst consuming like a hotdog in white bread)
and be fine.

I looked at her eyes though and they are exactly the same as my own. exactly. its so weird.
which for me sort of helps me dismiss that its possible to be exact with health issues because if it were true my eyes would be VERY VERY different to hers (im also anemic she is not).

but our eyes are identical so I sadly wish I could believe in this stuff but I wouldn't trust it too much. i wish it were true! least i'd know where to focus.

#6 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Iridology is an exellent example of why I'm starting to hate alt-med. Irrationality and stupidity that refuses to die no matter how many times it's proven false and nonsense.

http://theness.com/n...idology-update/

#7 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Not acne specifically, since it's an inflammation that can have so many different direct causes in the body. But I do think these causes, such as leaky gut, hormone imbalance, weak liver, etc could be seen in the eyes.

You guys can believe what you want, but I believe in it. I've seen my eyes change color and texture so I know that our eyes aren't just something as are born with and that is that. Mine never used to change color until they got really clear from diet and cleansing. It doesn't matter what other people say, if it's something you resonate with, great. If not, it's probably not the path for you. :)

Edited by dejaclairevoyant, 18 August 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#8 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Earlier this year as part of my study for a physiology/pharmacology course I was taking for uni, I had to pick an area of alternative medicine and critically evaluate their claims. While I found iridology very interesting, and sort of found myself wanting there to be some actual evidence for it's efficacy, the research/reading I did into it didn't show any truth to claims made by iridologists.

Yes some diseases or health conditions may manifest and show symptoms in the eye (such as syphilis), but it is not in the way that iridologists claim. From memory, iridologists / iridology maps the eye with a section of the eye directly corresponding to a part of the body (e.g. a specific organ - the kidneys, the skin etc) and if a certain change was seen in that part of the eye, it meant there was something wrong with the organ it corresponded to. Why they would think that is possible I have no idea. I do recall reading some articles that said it was because there were nerves going directly from the organ to the eye - which makes no sense because you don't have a nerve that directly connects your kidney (for example) and eye...

Anyway - my personal stance on iridology after doing this research into it was that while it's interesting it really doesn't have any real merit to it or science behind it. It's not something I'd waste my money on.

If people want to seek the advice of iridologists than that's their choice and that's fine - I just hope they don't take it in place of the opinion of a medical doctor.

Here are links to some of the studies conducted that show iridology's effectiveness is really no better than chance
http://www.ncbi.nlm....05/?tool=pubmed (full text)

http://www.ncbi.nlm....v/pubmed/480560 (could only find the abstract to this one)

and also a link to a blog that says it all pretty simply and refers to those studies also. http://skepticalsayh...01_archive.html

#9 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Iridology is an exellent example of why I'm starting to hate alt-med. Irrationality and stupidity that refuses to die no matter how many times it's proven false and nonsense.

+1
Quackery at its best.

#10 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

You guys can believe what you want, but I believe in it. I've seen my eyes change color and texture so I know that our eyes aren't just something as are born with and that is that. Mine never used to change color until they got really clear from diet and cleansing. It doesn't matter what other people say, if it's something you resonate with, great. If not, it's probably not the path for you. Posted Image

Nobody is saying not to use iridology. The only thing we are saying is that what the practitioners claim is pure BS. For iridology to be true huge swatches of current anatomical and medical knowledge would have to be spectacularly false. While this is possible it's not very plausible.

Anyway it's the nature of science to be open minded. And that's why claims even as ridiculous that iridology are often tested. And they failed. Studies show it has no predictive or treatment value.

So we are left in the situation where iridology is physiologically highly implausible with no known mechanism and having failed in trials. Not exactly what you would call a very credible position.

Unfortunately this is the case with most alt-med practices.

Edited by sepsi, 18 August 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#11 FSAS

FSAS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Not acne specifically, since it's an inflammation that can have so many different direct causes in the body. But I do think these causes, such as leaky gut, hormone imbalance, weak liver, etc could be seen in the eyes.

You guys can believe what you want, but I believe in it. I've seen my eyes change color and texture so I know that our eyes aren't just something as are born with and that is that. Mine never used to change color until they got really clear from diet and cleansing. It doesn't matter what other people say, if it's something you resonate with, great. If not, it's probably not the path for you. Posted Image

I believe eyes can change, (just type in why do eyes change color in google for a whole heap of real reasons, spesh with age, puberty etc and as mention it can pinpoint some major health diseases and even when youre just plain sick you can get glassy eye)
but im not sure it will help to pinpoint why you have acne.
as mentioned before i have a huge aray of issues that my identicle twin does not have (including clear hormonal issues and functioning issues of my organs)...yet we looked at our eyes with an appropriate light, together and even compared in the mirror and they were exactly the same and im not just saying this. i truely wished i could believe in the reading of eys, im sure it can certainly help you, spesh the color changing with liver issues but for me its not something i can believe in just based on the test i did with my twin that not many people can do if you dont have an identical twin to compare with. our eyes are just in the genes, i still have 101 issues she does not though.

if it gives you hope though and direction then certainly look further into it. i wish it was backed up scientifically, would make life easier ha.

#12 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

That is strange about you and your twin. Although honestly, with how you've described her it sounds like isn't very healthy either. Lifestyle and diet I mean. So just because for whatever reason it isn't showing in her skin doesn't mean she isn't having problems inside in some way that will effect her later in life if she doesn't take good care of her body.

Google "raw food eye color change" for some interesting stuff to read. A few forums should come up with people talking about their experiences with diet and changing eyes. But within those same forums there are people who say their eyes didn't change. It's really interesting. It makes me think some people have color changing eyes and others don't. I don't know why that would be though.

Edited by dejaclairevoyant, 19 August 2012 - 09:46 AM.