6 replies to this topic

#1 Oceanic

Oceanic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, Biology, Mountains, Nature, Painting, Drawing

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Lately, I have been getting constant pustules under my nose. As soon as one goes away, another one comes up. Now I have a cluster of pimples and marks, that are red, itchy and irritating. I've been trying hard not to touch the affected area. Aside from these pustules and a few red bumps under my lips, I'm pretty clear.

I have been eating very healthy. My diet consists of green smoothies, fruit + veggies, olive oil, eggs, fish (sardines, salmon, tilapia), chicken breast, beans (not canned), brown rice, black tea, and lemon water. I avoid sugar, high GL meals, dairy, gluten, and most processed foods. I also exercise 1 hour everyday. As for supplements, I take turmeric capsules, a multivitamin and I drink diluted ACV everyday.

Several weeks ago, in an effort to switch to a more natural skin care regimen, I stopped Dan's BP and I switched to Green Tea/Sea salt toner, and my skin was looking better than ever. I was still using knock off versions of Cetaphil facial cleanser and Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer but I planned to wean off of them and replace them with natural remedies.

Then, a couple weeks later, a few days before my period, I got a couple pustules on my chin and I ... kinda freaked out. I quit the cleanser and moisturizer I was using and I started experimenting with different things, like spearmint tea, epsom salt masks and aloe vera gel. My skin became pretty dry, itchy and irritated, which became even more exasperated when we my family got new carpenting, and there was all this dust and dirt in the air. The area under my nose was the most irritated and inflamed, but I also started to get pimples elsewhere, like my chin, cheeks, temples, and even one on my forehead (which I never get).

After that, I decided to slow down, I quit the spearmint tea, epsom salt masks and the aloe vera gel. Instead, I decided to use a more gentle routine, with organic raw honey as a facial cleanser and the green tea/ sea salt toner afterwards. I also became more strict on my diet. Since then, my face has been calming down. The only place that is really bothersome is under my nose, and I have no idea how to get it to stop.

I guess this is what I get for introducing too many things at once. Any help?

#2 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Annoying but true advice: leave it alone. Completely.

#3 Oceanic

Oceanic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

^ Yes, that's probably true. The honey is a little grainy, which might be too abrasive and irritating when I put it on, especially for that area. It's just so itchy there, it's hard not to put anything on it. But I'll try!

#4 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

You sound just like me! In the past 2 weeks i've tried each of those things and my face is a hot mess.....don't know what to do.

Hoping everything works out for you.

#5 Oceanic

Oceanic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

You sound just like me! In the past 2 weeks i've tried each of those things and my face is a hot mess.....don't know what to do.

Yes, best of luck to you too! I think it was just too many things at once, plus the epsom salt mask was a little too exfoliating for my face and I think that irritated my skin. So, I am just going to leave the area alone and see how that works out for now.

#6 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Yes, best of luck to you too! I think it was just too many things at once, plus the epsom salt mask was a little too exfoliating for my face and I think that irritated my skin. So, I am just going to leave the area alone and see how that works out for now.

Sounds like the best idea yet. Epsom Salt mask irritated my skin beyond belief too. I was hoping it was just purging but when i got cysts, i was like 'hell-no'. Now i'm broken out all overPosted Image

#7 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

So how's it going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users