6 replies to this topic

#1 SpleenPoetry

SpleenPoetry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Is your acne worse in winter or summer? I've got quite clear skin now finally, but I'm afraid when winter comes and my skin will get more dry, I'll get more breakouts again

do you notice a difference?

Edited by SpleenPoetry, 15 August 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#2 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

My acne doesn't change with the seasons. I sorta wish it did though - it'd be nice to know that once whichever season came around I'd be a little clearer :P

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#3 Koalaa

Koalaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

I don't really notice a big difference when the seasons change but my skin is not as oily in winter. That is probably reasonable though.
SubhaanAllah

#4 ohhhhhhnooooooo

ohhhhhhnooooooo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:MMA, Basketball, Research, Not having acne, Not having acne, and Not having acne.

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

My acne gets worse in the winter; I think it's because the cold makes my face dry and irritated

#5 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

Mine is definitely worse in the summer. I get really clear when the weather is cold due to my acne mainly being caused by oiliness, in hot weather I can actually feel pimples forming.

#6 poi6

poi6

Giggity...lol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, Snowboarding , Longboarding ,Hockey ,Guitair ..

Achievements

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

Mine is definitely worse in the summer. I get really clear when the weather is cold due to my acne mainly being caused by oiliness, in hot weather I can actually feel pimples forming.

Same for me I think.....I got confused when the people about said winter. I assumed everyones is worse in the summer

#7 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

There's a reduction in ceramides in the winter time. And one of the things they do is regulate cell differentiation, proliferation and desquammation. That means they are involved in the way skin cells are supposed to be produced and then shed freely without clogging pores. Acne prone skin has been found to be lower in ceramides. Topical live culture yogurt has been found to boost ceramides in skin. http://dietforclears...erize-skin.html
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users