Photo

Help! Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser: Is It A Cleanser Or A Spot Treatment?

clean and clear cleanser spot treatment continuous control help acne benzoyl peroxide 10% leave on or rinse?

1 reply to this topic

#1 enca24

enca24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hey guys,

I already posted this in the Store brand Regimen supplies section, but I wanted to get this question out in as many places as possible.

I was wondering what your opinion on what the purpose of Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser should be? I know it has "cleanser" in the name and in the directions it says to wash off face, but this website seems to say otherwise. When looking at the reviews of the product on this website, it lists it as an "Acne/Spot Treatment". This is a big difference in what a cleanser is and, according to Acne.org's regimen, you are supposed to gently rub an acne/spot treatment into the skin and leave it on for the rest of the day, whereas a cleanser you are supposed to leave on for less than 10 seconds before thoroughly rinsing it off.

Should I use Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser as a cleanser or an acne/spot treatment?!? This is important because if I use the product wrong, it appears I will be making my acne worse (leaving on for 10 seconds then rinsing is a BIG difference to rubbing into skin and leaving on entire day!)

Also the active ingredient is Benzoyl Peroxide (10%), while the inactive ingredients are:
- Glycerin
- Petrolatum
- Water
- C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate
- Mineral Oil
- Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer
- Potassium
- Polyphosphate
- Menthol
- Fragrance
- Titanium Dioxide
- Carbomer

Thanks and let me know!!!!

#2 helpfulheart

helpfulheart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

I think that product is intended to be a cleanser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users