Photo

Recommendations For Icepicks / Box Cars? (Pictures Included)

icepick ice pick subcision needling tca make-up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

Thank you so much for all your responses! I am going to look into all alternatives given here and consider my options.

4. I would agree that there is no need for the OP to get laser treatments, especially an ablative laser treatment. Scars are so shallow and so few in number, I don't see how the thinnest layer of foundation wouldn't completely cover it up. In fact, it's pretty much in the realm of "regular wear and tear" of skin over time.

I really appreciate you people telling me that my scars aren't that bad, I can't deny that it wouldn't make me feel better about my skin. However, I'm not sure if these pictures are really as realistic as I meant them to be, since foundation definitely does not cover my scars. I wish! Make-up seems to make them look worse, if anything. It's very hard for me to objectively say how noticeable my scars are to others, but I do think that people notice them and I always see them in the mirror.

About laser treatments, I do have to say that I am wary of treating my unscarred skin because like you say, there are risks with every treatment and the last thing I want to do is make matters worse. For some reason I assumed that Deep FX could be done only on scars, leaving unscarred skin untouched, but this is apparently wrong, then? I might just do TCA cross once more with my current doctor since it seems fairly safe, and then see where I am.

I think I'm going to ask my boyfriend's opinion on whether I should do scar treatments since I know he would give an honest response even if it's harsh (that's one of the good AND bad things about him). He's asked about my scars a couple times before, and it has left me feeling that maybe every one notices them even more than I've realized. But we haven't really ever properly discussed my scars and how I feel about them, since I've felt embarrassed. I think it would be a good idea to bring it up, and maybe if he told me that they're not that bad, I could get over this insecurity and get on with my life. Hah. But I would still like to do at least a little bit of something, like TCA cross or maybe even laser.

Edited by austra, 16 August 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#22 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

It was a sunny day today, so I spent some time on the balcony and decided to bring a mirror and have a look at my scars. Sigh. Posted Image I don't think the pictures I posted here are very realistic, only a small area of my skin is properly focused and the exposure time is quite long, so the pictures are too soft and blurry. My scars actually stand out a lot in the sunlight in my opinion. When I get the chance, I'm going to get some more realistic shots taken outside in bright daylight and post them here.

I think I will need to get at least some improvement to be happy about my skin. I reread some TokyoGirl's posts about TCA cross, which made me feel I would be taking too big a risk for the minimal results I'm likely to get. I feel so tempted to get Deep FX, so I'm going to look into it more when I get the chance. Only issue is that it's quite unlikely I would find a truly experienced doctor performing it in my home country, so I might need to go elsewhere and it's going to take a long time before I could feasibly have the money or time for that kind of a trip. I wonder if you can do laser in summer (when I have most of my holidays), or if that is strongly recommended against. I can't get any time off from school besides holidays, so the window for possible treatments is very narrow, if summer is out of the question.

What also got me down today, is that I have a brand new scar from a recent badly inflamed spot, although very small and quite shallow. But its edges are sharp and it's in a visible place and I'm not happy about this at all. Why do I still get new scars despite being so careful with my skin? Posted Image

Edited by austra, 20 August 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#23 Theng

Theng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

Hi Austra, i have similar acne scars as yours. Have you found a effective way to treat your scars?