Photo

Help! Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser: Is It A Cleanser Or A Spot Treatment?

clean and clear continuous control cleanser spot treatment help acne

6 replies to this topic

#1 enca24

enca24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Hey guys,

I was wondering what your opinion on what the purpose of Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser should be? I know it has "cleanser" in the name and in the directions it says to wash off face, but this website seems to say otherwise. When looking at the reviews of the product on this website, it lists it as an "Acne/Spot Treatment". This is a big difference in what a cleanser is and, according to Acne.org's regimen, you are supposed to gently rub an acne/spot treatment into the skin and leave it on for the rest of the day, whereas a cleanser you are supposed to leave on for less than 10 seconds before thoroughly rinsing it off.

Should I use Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser as a cleanser or an acne/spot treatment?!? This is important because if I use the product wrong, it appears I will be making my acne worse (leaving on for 10 seconds then rinsing is a BIG difference to rubbing into skin and leaving on entire day!)

Thanks and let me know!!!!

#2 brian1987

brian1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

Can probably post a picture here of the ingredients? Anyway meanwhile look at the first few ingredients.If it contains surfactants such as sodium laureth sulfate ,decyl glucosides,cocamide MEA, cocamidopropyl betaine(just to list the few more popular ones), it's most probably a cleanser. :)

#3 enca24

enca24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

brian1987,
The product actually does not have any of those ingredients listed. The active ingredients is Benzoyl Peroxide (10%), while the inactive ingredients are:
- Glycerin
- Petrolatum
- Water
- C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate
- Mineral Oil
- Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer
- Potassium
- Polyphosphate
- Menthol
- Fragrance
- Titanium Dioxide
- Carbomer

Not sure what any of that means though haha

#4 brian1987

brian1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

lol, from the ingredients list, it definitely seems to be a leave-on treatment, and quite moisturising at that. For safe bet though, you can try applying it a small amount of it onto your elbow, wait an hour at least,see if there is any redness, itchiness or skin irritation.If not, it'll probably safe to use it as a spot treatment. :)

On a sidenote, 10% seems to be very high strength. Do try to find formulas with 2.5% first and try that out as some research that I've read showed that there isn't much difference between the two, but significant less dryness.:)

Edited by brian1987, 14 August 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#5 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

Johnson and Johnson came out saying several lines including Clean and Clear have known carcinogenic ingredients. Plus I'd stay away from mineral oil and fragrance for your face.

#6 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

It's a medicated acne wash. It's meant to be applied to the skin and massaged around, then rinsed off.

#7 johndoe1181

johndoe1181

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

That's just a typical acne wash. My experience with store brands vs brand names doesn't make a difference really, as they use the same main ingredients to combat zits.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users